Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eclip (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
803C4825-C2D6-4C78-BAC0-CE085E7DDD9F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 years ago

You are missing a contact point on one of the four switch blades. That is part of, or all of your problem....

#26 6 years ago

A piece of wire you might have laying around. Or, buy some jumper wire with alligator clips on both ends. Great for troubleshooting pinbal machines.

In an emergency, A paper clip will do. But be careful and only simulate contact of the two switch blades that are part of the pair where one is missing a contact point.

If all of this sounds confusing, may be best to refer servicing to qualified service personnel. Hopefully there is another pinsider close by that can offer to help you.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Ok so the button works I guess cause I can use button to select stuff in test mode and to put in my initials. What does that mean? Wouldn’t it not work for that?

Two sets of contacts means two switches. One of your switches not looking good. Compare to the right flipper button switch stack.

#30 6 years ago

Yep, one set of contacts for lane changing/tests/settings and the other for the flipper circuit. Or one for each flipper depending on the machine if it has 3 or 4 flippers. One set can also operate the settings/audits.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

So how can I test that to see if it works and is the problem?

See post #23.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Ok so put a wire or clip between the bolts ? Or each switch? Sorry so new to this and really aoreciate the time and help y’all are giving

Like I mentioned above, If all of this sounds confusing, may be best to refer servicing to qualified service personnel. Hopefully there is another pinsider close by that can offer to help you. I'd hate for you to mess something else up.

There are a bunch of collectors and players who know this inside & out in the Space City Pinball league. I'll bet some live close to you. Google the league and ask them. I'm being honest since even if you verify the switch blade/contact point is the issue, your next question will be how do I replace it, where do I buy it etc. I need to sign off for the evening. good luck with it

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Think I found it. How would I go about fixing it? Anybody know what parts I would need ?

You needed to do what I said in post 26. The jumper wire would have shown you have more of a problem than just the missing contact.

To answer your latest questions {How would I go about fixing it? Anybody know what parts I would need ?}: You fix by replacing every broken part on the flipper assembly. As far as what you need: You need every part that's broken.

Someone else mentioned it best: Buy a flipper rebuild kit. In fact, buy a flipper rebuild kit for each flipper assembly as the other(s) will soon fail as well. Moving parts break on pinball machines. Just like motor vehicles.

If you need help with how to do, there are "Clay's guides" and his pinball ninja site as well as the Pinwiki site and hundreds of threads on pinside. Search for them.

Or, as I already suggested, as a local pinhead to come over and show you how. You will learn so much by watching them.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Just ordered it. Having trouble removing the broken plastic piece off. Any idea how I can do that?

Look at the manual in the game (buy it if you don't have it) for an exploded view of all of the parts in the flipper assembly. Use logic and mechanical deduction & sense to disassemble everything.

Or, as I said above; If you need help with how to do, there are "Clay's guides" and his pinball ninja site as well as the Pinwiki site and hundreds of threads on pinside. Search for them. Google is your friend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

5,400 (OBO)
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-left-flipper-dead?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.