Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sturner
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

A couple questions.

--does anyone know which pins are upstairs at HeadQuarters River North?

--I have never been to HeadQuarters Lakeview and was wondering if all of the pins are on the same floor and are available to play? Or are the games split up like their other location and same are not playable?

#2 9 years ago

I have never been to the Lakeview location.

At River North a few months ago, I remember upstairs were Twilight Zone, The Walking Dead, Wizard of Oz, Monster Bash, AC/DC, Pin*Bot, Simpsons Pinball Party, Metallica, Medieval Madness. There are almost definitely more that I'm not remembering. Also, the lineup may have changed since I was there.

#3 9 years ago

I have been to the Lakeview location a few times. If a pin goes down with a major issue, they roll it out and have a temporary replacement; sometimes the game inventory can change slightly.

Most pins are on the same level, however they have an upper back bar that has (as of the last time I was there) TWD, Mustang, CV, MM, and WOZ.

I have only gone on weekends and both levels were open. Though, I have heard that during the week they may only have the back bar open depending on crowds. Probably worth calling to find out before heading out there.

#4 9 years ago

Can anyone verify that there is no pinball being played at either of the headquarters locations Monday and Tuesday nights?

#5 9 years ago

12 pins available at river north at all times, 6 pins available at all times at the lakeview location.

River north had Lotr, afm, pinbot, mm, tspp, ac/dc, mb, wwe, Taf and I can't remember what else yesterday.

Lakeview had twd, mm, cv, mustang, wwe, and I can't remember the other one.

Hope this helps

#6 9 years ago

Lakeview had the following when I was there three weeks ago (I'm sure they had more than I'm not remembering):

main floor: Tron, IJ, LOTR, AFM, TOM, X-Men, Avengers, MB, SWE1, ST, TAF, SM, IM, PotC

upper bar: WWE, MM, CV, WD

The main floor was all set free to play, and the upper bar had plays for $0.50 to $1.00.

I know for a fact they had more, but those are what I can remember. They have waaaaaay more than 6 available. They also have an bubble hockey (I was incorrect in stating 'air hockey') table, and a decent number of arcade games. I love that place.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nullpunkt:

Lakeview had the following when I was there three weeks ago (I'm sure they had more than I'm not remembering):
    main floor: Tron, IJ, LOTR, AFM, TOM, X-Men, Avengers, MB, SWE1, ST, TAF, SM, IM, PotC
    upper bar: WWE, MM, CV, WD
    The main floor was all set free to play, and the upper bar had plays for $0.50 to $1.00.
    I know for a fact they had more, but those are what I can remember. They have waaaaaay more than 6 available. They also have an air hockey table, and a decent number of arcade games. I love that place.

Glad you enjoy the spot.

Sorry but this is not accurate. There is not a air hockey table, but there is a bubble hockey game. I am sure that is what you meant but I don't want someone coming there and expecting an air hockey game. Also the games I mentioned were just the games up stairs as the OP was looking for Monday and Tuesday pin availability and the down stairs is not open those days. I dropped WOZ back off yesterday there and I have a feeling that today it will be upstairs as well. CV, MM and WOZ are the pay per play games there at 1 per play, everything else is free in the way of pins and arcades with the exception of bubble hockey. Of your list I can think of FG and Playboy that are there but I know that there are more that we are missing from the list.

#8 9 years ago

Ah. Bubble hockey. Honestly.... it looks like an air hockey table and I have no idea what bubble hockey is. But yeah, it has that bubble dome thing over it, so I'm sure that's what I was thinking of. I've updated my original post accordingly.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nullpunkt:

Ah. Bubble hockey. Honestly.... it looks like an air hockey table and I have no idea what bubble hockey is. But yeah, it has that bubble dome thing over it, so I'm sure that's what I was thinking of. I've updated my original post accordingly.

no worries. You really should take the time to play it. Its a lot of fun. How often do you make it out here to visit?

#10 9 years ago

Bubble hockey is a blast. Thanks for all the info. I think that both locations close their pincades on Monday and Tuesday.

Does anyone know if Logan arcade is pay to play or free play?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Diesel2627:

Bubble hockey is a blast. Thanks for all the info. I think that both locations close their pincades on Monday and Tuesday.
    Does anyone know if Logan arcade is pay to play or free play?

As inhomearcades mentioned, both locations absolutely DO have pins available on Mondays & Tuesdays. The entire upstairs level of HQ River North is open with 12 pins available, and the upstairs of HQ Lakeview is also open with 6 pins available.

Logan Arcade is coin operated, ranging from 25 cents on older games to 75 cents on the newest Sterns. The selection of games at Logan skews more towards early solid state era (with many DMDs as well), while the selection of games at both HQ locations is more focused on the most popular DMD titles.

#12 9 years ago

Logan Arcade--

Simply the BEST barcade in Chicago.

I'll be there Wed 4-29 from about 10P-to late

Too much fun to pass up!!

I'll be the tall guy playing the older pins in the front room

Thank You Logans for your awesome lineup of older
    ss games.

You guys rock!!!!

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

no worries. You really should take the time to play it. Its a lot of fun. How often do you make it out here to visit?

About once every other month or so. Not as often as I'd like. I'll definitely give it a try next time I'm there.

#14 9 years ago

I ended up going to river north and Logan last night. Went to river north 1st. I have been there a couple of times and like it. I wish they would rotate a couple more games up stairs.

Logan's was nice. Several machines were down and if your into older games it really does offer an awesome selection.

Does anyone know of the MM at Logan's is an original or a MMr?

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Diesel2627:

Logan's was nice. Several machines were down and if your into older games it really does offer an awesome selection.
    Does anyone know of the MM at Logan's is an original or a MMr?

Several months ago, it was an MMR LE (see the thread below). I think Barron owns the pins there...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-le-on-location-logans-arcade

#16 9 years ago

Either way the machine played great. I thought the castle was supposed to shake or the towers supposed to move after you destroy it when shooting the draw bridge door. If it supposed to do that? the machine on site was not doing that. But everything else was great.

#17 9 years ago

I think I remember reading a post from Barron a while back that suggested that the castle mech was down for a bit, but I could be wrong. Maybe the same thing happened a day or two before you arrived and they just didn't have time to repair it yet? Perhaps Barron will chime in if he reads this thread?

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Diesel2627:

Either way the machine played great. I thought the castle was supposed to shake or the towers supposed to move after you destroy it when shooting the draw bridge door. If it supposed to do that? the machine on site was not doing that. But everything else was great.

Last I recall it was an MMR. It must just have a small maintenance issue. Keeping games 100% on route is a challenge to say the least. Also after a long weekend of play they are likely about to be serviced. I think logan does a great job of keeping their equipment looking good.

#19 9 years ago

One difference between the two when I was at both locations in late November is that River north has CV on free play where Lakeview has it on Pay to Play.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

One difference between the two when I was at both locations in late November is that River north has CV on free play where Lakeview has it on Pay to Play.

That is correct and about to change. We are trying to decide on another pay per game to put in place of CV. Suggestions?

#21 9 years ago

That is correct and about to change. We are trying to decide on another pay per game to put in place of CV. Suggestions?

I wish they were all free play. That being said I think WOZ, MMR, and perhaps TBL, when it is released, would all be good Pay to Play games, if you have to have pay to play.

#22 9 years ago

One other thing you might look at getting at the locations inhomearcades is root beer. I don't drink and I don't consume caffeine so there isn't really anything I can drink and give you guys some money while I am at your locations. I ask every time I am there to see if you have gotten any but no luck. In a bottle would be fine and if you could put some on tap that would be even better.

Just a suggestion.

#23 9 years ago

Certainly not complaining about the castle not doing what it is supposed to do. Was just wonder because I had played a couple where the castle moved and when the one at logans didn't I just wanted to make sure. I still got the correct amount of points and everything else worked. I can only imagine the amount of time it takes to keep all of the games working correctly.

#24 9 years ago

One other thing you might look at getting at the locations inhomearcades is root beer. I don't drink and I don't consume caffeine so there isn't really anything I can drink and give you guys some money while I am at your locations. I ask every time I am there to see if you have gotten any but no luck. In a bottle would be fine and if you could put some on tap that would be even better.
    Just a suggestion.

That is interesting. I will bring that up for sure.

Once TBL is there it will be a pay per play game, mm, woz and hobbit are all good candidates. We will keep to three that are pay per play no more. We actually charge on games because it greatly reduces the number of plays those machines get. We want to have at least a few games that are generally always available for someone to play with out waiting and that receive less of a beating and stay in better playing condition. Before everything was free including those titles and once we made the change to pay per play, we got the exact opposite reaction we were expecting. Many players were happy we made the change to pay per play.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Diesel2627:

Certainly not complaining about the castle not doing what it is supposed to do. Was just wonder because I had played a couple where the castle moved and when the one at logans didn't I just wanted to make sure. I still got the correct amount of points and everything else worked. I can only imagine the amount of time it takes to keep all of the games working correctly.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off like you were complaining. I was just trying to pay Logans a compliment is all. I do hear good things about their games.

#26 9 years ago

No worries. Credit should be given to most of the pincades in the area that try to keep their games clean and working.

#27 9 years ago

Which locations are getting the TBL?

#28 9 years ago

I believe I will put TBL at both locations, Once they start shipping I will have a better idea. I hate to be selfish, but the first ones goes to my house, then the next two make it to the bars.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Diesel2627:

The castle should and will shake on MMR. The rod that strikes the plate to shake the castle broke.

Yes, please! The one I played at MGC was shaping up to be a great game. I want to put more time in on that sucker.

Keeping games 100% on route is a challenge to say the least.

Someone wise once said that it was a perfectly good way to ruin a nice hobby Thank you for doing the same and sacrificing all of those top-notch games to the masses at HQ.

#30 9 years ago

We want to have at least a few games that are generally always available for someone to play with out waiting and that receive less of a beating and stay in better playing condition.

Quoted from Diesel2627:

No worries. Credit should be given to most of the pincades in the area that try to keep their games clean and working.

I'm certainly not complaining about that. My girlfriend and I probably spent two hours there, had a beer each, and that was it. I had no problem whatsoever plunking down a few more bucks to play some newer/rarer games.

That being said, even the games on the free-play floor were in surprisingly good condition. There are issues, sure. Every time I've gone there, X-Men has had some kind of issue and I've never actually been able to play it. Last time, MB kept getting an error where it claimed it was missing balls, even after one of the employees checked it.

But those are little things, and to be expected. The games are clean, many have cup holders or nearby tables (yay!), almost every single one has a color-DMD. Seriously, I was blown away just walking around and marveling at the pretty chromatic dots.

Someday soon, I want to check out Logan's and that Level 257 place. I love that there's enough interest to support places like these. Too many games I'd never get the opportunity to touch otherwise.

Keep up the good work!

If you want a suggestion for a pay-game, go find a BBB! I really want to play one.

#31 9 years ago

Just want to make sure everyone is aware that I am not complaining. Just trying to clarify because I have not played MM enough to know. Can't wait to play TBL. I would pay to play it for sure along with MM, WOZ, Hobbit any other title make pay to play. The place I go to the most is all pay to play and I don't mind if at all.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

The castle should and will shake on MMR. The rod that strikes the plate to shake the castle broke.

Yes, please! The one I played at MGC was shaping up to be a great game. I want to put more time in on that sucker.

Someone wise once said that it was a perfectly good way to ruin a nice hobby Thank you for doing the same and sacrificing all of those top-notch games to the masses at HQ.

Thanks for the compliment, you as well. Its hard to see some of the games go out and get beat on by drunken people who don't understand what they are playing. Others make up for it though who truly appreciate the games that are there. Its very gratifying to see people enjoy this hobby.

Hobbit SE will be at both locations, if you or anyone else reach out to me prior to your visit and I happen to be there, it will be free for pinsiders. I can throw some credits on for you guys.

Quoted from Diesel2627:

Just want to make sure everyone is aware that I am not complaining. Just trying to clarify because I have not played MM enough to know. Can't wait to play TBL. I would pay to play it for sure along with MM, WOZ, Hobbit any other title make pay to play. The place I go to the most is all pay to play and I don't mind if at all.

I didn't think you were complaining. No worries. I appreciate when people ask questions or point out if something is wrong with a game. Thanks for visiting and I hope you come back soon.

#33 9 years ago

Got it. Once I month for me for work. Just wish I could come on the weekend to gets access to the games on the lower lever. TZ is a favorite of mine and would love to be able to get more plays on WOZ and a couple of the games on the lower level I have not played before and would like to get a shot at them.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Diesel2627:

Got it. Once I month for me for work. Just wish I could come on the weekend to gets access to the games on the lower lever. TZ is a favorite of mine and would love to be able to get more plays on WOZ and a couple of the games on the lower level I have not played before and would like to get a shot at them.

weekend? Its open on the weekend.

I've had my eye out for a BBB or a CCC. Fingers are crossed that a reasonable one comes up.

#36 9 years ago

No weekends for me.

#37 9 years ago

It's not a complaint, it's an attention to detail

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Thank you for doing the same and sacrificing all of those top-notch games to the masses at HQ.

Thanks for the compliment, you as well. Its hard to see some of the games go out and get beat on by drunken people who don't understand what they are playing. Others make up for it though who truly appreciate the games that are there. Its very gratifying to see people enjoy this hobby.

You guys are both class acts and a tribute to the Chicagoland community. Thank you for making these great games available to play for the masses!

#39 9 years ago

Chicago is the home of pinball, after all. I'm glad to be a part of it!I go to all of the bars around town to play. HQ, Emporium, Lemmings, Blind Robin, etc. So many great places to have a beer and play pinball.

There was a point where the only place I knew that still had a line up of pins was the Cubby Bear over in Wrigleyville.

#40 9 years ago

Thank you, that is a very high compliment and appreciated.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

You guys are both class acts and a tribute to the Chicagoland community. Thank you for making these great games available to play for the masses!

#41 9 years ago

For the locals: Gilt City is currently running a $50 for $25 deal at the Headquarters River North location. Basically half off food and drink, but you've got to spend the $50 in one night. Not hard to do. The deal is available for another week (until April 23rd), and the vouchers are good until July 8th. Damn good deal if you frequent the place. Just picked up two to go spend some quality after-work pinball time on Friday!

http://www.giltcity.com/chicago/headquartersbeercadechicagoapril2015

3 weeks later
    #42 8 years ago

will both locations be getting a kiss pin? I would pay to play that one

#43 8 years ago

Yes they will. Waiting to see the pro vs premium in person before I decide which model. Hard to justify the 1600 difference.

#44 8 years ago

Hey inhomearcades, what about Whoa Nellie will you guys be getting that?

#45 8 years ago

For what it's worth, I'd also love to see you guys get an AMH. I've been wanting to play that one.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nullpunkt:

For what it's worth, I'd also love to see you guys get an AMH. I've been wanting to play that one.

I have my eye out for a reasonable one. Haven't seen any local.

#47 8 years ago

Hey inhomearcades, what about Whoa Nellie will you guys be getting that?

No its not a title I have much interest in and we have actually had customers request that we do not get it because of the theme. That wouldn't really stop us from getting the game, but again we would have to take another game off the floor to make it fit and I just don't see what other game I would be willing to give up to get Whoa Nellie.

#48 8 years ago

No its not a title I have much interest in and we have actually had customers request that we do not get it because of the theme. That wouldn't really stop us from getting the game, but again we would have to take another game off the floor to make it fit and I just don't see what other game I would be willing to give up to get Whoa Nellie.

What is so bad about the theme that it doesn't belong in a bar? Sorry to hear you won't be getting it. Looks like a really fun game, far better than Mustang which you use to have at the Lakeview Location. You could replace Mustang with Whoa Nellie..

#49 8 years ago

What is so bad about the theme that it doesn't belong in a bar? Sorry to hear you won't be getting it. Looks like a really fun game, far better than Mustang which you use to have at the Lakeview Location. You could replace Mustang with Whoa Nellie..

I don't like to speak bad of patrons, but there have been multiple requests from people not to objectify women by having the game there. I roll my eyes, but the marketing firm took it serious. Its not a game I personally care for anyway, but planned on putting it there for some of the pin players in the area that wanted a shot at trying the game out. I usually don't pass up many titles, but the complaints lead to the suggestion of not having it. I was okay saving the 5k on it as I don't see myself wanting the game in the long run but it does kinda suck for the Chicago area players that wanted to play it and potentially end up buying it. Sorry

#50 8 years ago

BTW, I am fully aware of the ridiculousness of the request considering there are a ton of games both pin and arcade related that objectify women.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/headquarters-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.