(Topic ID: 181178)

Has high prices influenced your pin purchases?

By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I'm curious how much high prices or perceived value have changed your buying decisions?

I had been a good nib buyer, from 2012 to 2014 I bought 4 nib pins in 18 month time period.

I have been in position to buy something the last 2 years but with JJP at $9k, BM66 at $7700 and heck even Jetsons at $6000 plus shipping I tapped out.

I clearly remember the tipping point was MMR at $8000 plus shipping plus color dmd cost. It was getting on near two pins so I decided to pay a bit extra and actually buy two pins. I did spend on STLE but that was my last high priced nib pin.

I had the ability to buy something but at those prices, instead spent ~$5000 or less each on pre owned TSPP, TWD pro Met pro LOTR and SM.

With ongoing questions regarding QC and code from Stern and with the lack of value (IMO) I could not visualize spending $6400 for a basic pin like Jetsons, BM66 do not see $7700 and $9000 DI

My point is, yes the manufacturer is making more money at these higher prices but at the cost of steady sales from myself at least. Wonder if others have walked away from nib as well?

#3 7 years ago

Not just Stern, this is cross the industry TBL at $10k?

I was excited about DI until I saw price and Jetsons also.

Stern BM66 sticker shock is still in effect.

#6 7 years ago

I was going to buy SM VE but price $6600 instead I got an old edition that was 'as new' condition for $5000.

I'll grant the dots are nicer on SM VE but ???? PF issue I can't see taking a chance on that.

#12 7 years ago

I can *almost* see where Jetsons or TBL price is coming from. As maybe the don't want to sell any more than x number so they price it at the moon for a few hundred sales.

But BM66 at a minimum costs $3000 north of a Met pro did 2-3 years ago with arguably worse art and maybe won't be as good as Met pro.

I understand Stern is puffing up the pro price but overall Stern has the ability to make a lot of pins but they're slamming the door on people who faithfully had bought $4700 pins in the past.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-high-prices-influenced-your-pin-purchases?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.