Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

295794543_588214913029839_8914066685649711063_n (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    0ec6307b0672b8a57158b8b42dc09b81.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220726-073836_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-073239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    System 11B Top (resized).png
    20220611_000930 (resized).jpg
    20220611_001002 (resized).jpg
    pan (resized).png
    11AC44D3-2DE5-4A92-9FCD-53697C05E6F7 (resized).jpeg
    18E6AA65-AB25-4025-A6CF-4F9356B5E8CD (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot from 2022-03-26 09-45-48 (resized).png
    0ECA3FFC-A7A8-415B-B6AE-4224482F4A6C (resized).jpeg
    B2646F4A-502C-4144-88AA-6696C318E627 (resized).jpeg
    473FB65A-DDFE-4F00-BCD3-2942EF6E368A (resized).jpeg
    There are 479 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 3 years ago
    20201015_155913 (resized).jpg20201015_155913 (resized).jpg20201015_173308 (resized).jpg20201015_173308 (resized).jpg20201015_183447 (resized).jpg20201015_183447 (resized).jpg20201015_215927 (resized).jpg20201015_215927 (resized).jpg20201015_222115 (resized).jpg20201015_222115 (resized).jpg
    #52 3 years ago

After receiving a couple of boards today (fliptronics and WPC95 power driver) and examining them, I must say these are excellent! Exact form/fit as originals. They even look original. I heartily suggest people buy these boards. You won't be disappointed! Worth every penny.

Great packing too. Boards arrived safe and sound by US mail.

3 weeks later
    #53 3 years ago

Adding in NOS slingshot plastics tonight. Many many more NOS parts to come in the coming weeks/months.

https://pinballbasement.com/collections/nos-parts

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Adding in NOS slingshot plastics tonight. Many many more NOS parts to come in the coming weeks/months.
    https://pinballbasement.com/collections/nos-parts

Would like to see a No Fear skydive plastic!

#55 3 years ago

Put one of your WPC89 MPUs into a client's BSD just today. Love the pretty much direct Williams copy. Worked great, fair price -- glad you're out there when these boards become too far gone from a cost/benefit analysis to repair.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Put one of your WPC89 MPUs into a client's BSD just today. Love the pretty much direct Williams copy. Worked great, fair price -- glad you're out there when these boards become too far gone from a cost/benefit analysis to repair.

Thank You!

I did update the boards a bit more to better relfect the silk screen. Hoping to get it as close to 1 to 1 as possible.

The original files I used had all the major data, except for silk screen text position and placement.

2 weeks later
    #57 3 years ago

Do you sell these through Marco Spec? I emailed them but it was confusing if they have yours of ones made by Gulf Pinball.
    Basically I want to make several purchases but you do not ship to Canada.
    Who are some distributors I can order from that will ship international?
    Thanks for making these!

#59 3 years ago

In the future,will you be offering shipping to Canada?

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

In the future,will you be offering shipping to Canada?

I offer shipping to canada now, you just need to email me and I can directly invoice you. The back end merchant i'm using for the store front isn't so friendly to international shipping options.

Sale prices are still valid as I have not updated anything yet.

1 month later
    #61 3 years ago

First production batch of boards came in for the Wpc89 mpu!

20210105_153054 (resized).jpg20210105_153054 (resized).jpg
    #62 3 years ago

Glad to see WPC89!

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Glad to see WPC89!

Me too, these are wicked nice.

20210105_131320 (resized).jpg20210105_131320 (resized).jpg
    #65 3 years ago

Sorry if I missed it but are there plans for the wpc95 a/v pcb?

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from amxfc3s:

Sorry if I missed it but are there plans for the wpc95 a/v pcb?

Yes. But in limited quantities

#67 3 years ago

Loving my production boards

https://pinballbasement.com/collections/wpc89-boards/products/a-12742-wpc-89-mpu-board

20210107_134542 (resized).jpg20210107_134542 (resized).jpg20210107_134550 (resized).jpg20210107_134550 (resized).jpg

#68 3 years ago

Yes. But in limited quantities

I'd be interested in one. I believe user Dumbass is working on this as well, maybe no need to duplicate efforts?

Chris

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I'd be interested in one. I believe user Dumbass is working on this as well, maybe no need to duplicate efforts?
    Chris

I have the boards done, but each one is taking too long to finish. So I am going to have a company do the SMD work and then send me the boards.

#70 3 years ago

Just wanted to give a shoutout to these boards. Just received my wpc 95 cpu and it looks and works great!

#71 3 years ago

Please make sys11 interconnect boards!

#72 3 years ago

Yeah, this rocks. So refreshing to see more options for keeping our beloved games running. Thanks!

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from mdeslaur:

Please make sys11 interconnect boards!

Yes, please do make these. Quite often the originals are burnt up badly in the general illumination circuit. Also, these need to be made with "keyhole" mounting slots. There are way too many screws to remove just to get this board in or out.

#74 3 years ago

Is there a time frame or expected date for the A-12697 WPC89 power driver boards to be back in stock?

1 week later
    #75 3 years ago
    Quoted from reynolds531:

Is there a time frame or expected date for the A-12697 WPC89 power driver boards to be back in stock?

Not super soon I'm afraid, might be end of next month. But I will have 200 89 MPU's 200 89 Drivers, and maybe 200 WPC-S MPU's in stock at once.

Also working on WPC95 Drivers and more fliptronics II boards.

4 weeks later
    #76 3 years ago

Bought a few boards from Pinball Basement. They are very, very nice. They look like brand new NOS boards.
    Thanks, Charlie.

100_4175 (resized).JPG100_4175 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #77 3 years ago

Are you planning to make any WPC-89 sound boards? I am about to send a couple of these to be repaired and I was thinking how nice it would be to just buy a couple new ones.

#78 3 years ago

this is amazing!! wish you success on this as it will help lots of people.

Thank you

#79 3 years ago

Great to see these!

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Are you planning to make any WPC-89 sound boards? I am about to send a couple of these to be repaired and I was thinking how nice it would be to just buy a couple new ones.

It's in the works. Right now I'm breaking in my wave flow so I can start pumping out boards a lot faster

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Bought a few boards from Pinball Basement. They are very, very nice. They look like brand new NOS boards.
    Thanks, Charlie.
    [quoted image]

They look nice, you must of bought the last ones I have been wanting to buy off his web site for weeks now and all I see are "SOLD OUT" on about everything.

#82 3 years ago

Are you planning on making the boards better than the original design?
    do not get me wrong, it is REALLY great to have your boards as an option but I would like to see at least these few things:

-More 12DC and other voltages power connectors on the driver board for running mods
    -Graphic board with the ability to power a plasma DMD AND newer screens that use much lower voltages that way this is freed up on the driver
    -No more batteries please! make the boards with NVRAM already in them or with other battery options, more modern, leak proof. TNT amusements uses watch batteries to replace these (like in a PC motherboard).
    -Buff up all the portions of the board that were under spec and overall improve the efficiency of space and heat dissipation, etc.

am I dreaming!?

But all in all I would still buy your board now if needed one, I just wished I had the options mentioned above.

#83 3 years ago

The current product for sale is 1 : 1 williams design. Any flaws with that design are still present. When I go back further and do the williams 3-7 driver boards, I will update that design and fuse the special solenoids as that is a safety issue.
    I can possibly look into making a second version that would address this issue.

#84 3 years ago

OMG where has this been all my life (OK the last 10 years).
    I need a DMD board but just about everything is sold out.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

OMG where has this been all my life (OK the last 10 years).
    I need a DMD board but just about everything is sold out.

I put everything down to zero stock so I can get caught up. I'm about to have 100+ of every item, I just don't want to get behind in orders until it's ready.

#86 3 years ago

OK thanks for the heads up. Please update when available again. Thanks!

3 weeks later
    #87 3 years ago

Pinball_Basement how is the catch up going? are you getting ready to take orders on WPC89 power drivers yet? My TAF is deader than the graveyard.

#88 3 years ago

curious myself

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

curious myself

I ran into a small permit problem with my wave solder, got that resolved and am prepping the driver batch again. I want these out of my basement as much as you guys do

#90 3 years ago

Also following this thread for my Dr Who WPC89 boards. Thanks for making these available .

2 weeks later
    #91 3 years ago

Since pinside was down...I have to ask...any WPC89 power drivers?

#92 3 years ago

yup, looks like 2 in stock!!

2 weeks later
    #93 2 years ago

Placed an order for a WPC89 driver board 2 weeks ago, website said 8-10 days to ship. No shipping notification, no response to email inquiries....anyone heard from them lately??

#94 2 years ago

I understand he's very swamped with orders. It may take a bit of time to get things made and shipped.

#95 2 years ago

I wonder if he is considering classic Stern/Bally MPU boards (MPU-100 MPU-200, AS-2518 etc). I know Weebly and allteck are making their versions but in some circumstances,they are just not quite right especially in the area of sound. I would love the identical board for them.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I wonder if he is considering classic Stern/Bally MPU boards (MPU-100 MPU-200, AS-2518 etc)

I suppose that would depend on if he's got the layout films for them.

You can get a Two Bit score Dash 35 board it's identical to the -35 if you want to get authentic right now. There's lots of spares on the market as well that are perfectly usable too, especially from people that put new boards in their games just because or because they're selling it.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Placed an order for a WPC89 driver board 2 weeks ago, website said 8-10 days to ship. No shipping notification, no response to email inquiries....anyone heard from them lately??

I am in the same boat, placed an order over 2 weeks ago. Reached out a few times and no word.

#98 2 years ago

Sorry for any delays, have all a large amount of orders right now and am working through testing boards and prepping for shipping.

Will respond to more emails when I'm back in town on sunday

#99 2 years ago

I will be closing the store down for two weeks once I'm caught up to retool new machines and get ahead.

#100 2 years ago

Hey everyone, dropped off a large number of drivers over lunch, will have all orders fulfilled by the end of this weekend as I get caught up on issues that popped up in my personal life.

I did have one particularly angry customer who threatened to post to pinside, sorry about that delay, sorry Matt. I'm doing my best to get all my products out. I'm developing faster and faster methods of testing and manufacturing with every passing week.

These are the best products out there for Williams machines and I stand by the time it takes to test these and provide the best products on the market.

There is nothing rotton about these boards except for delivery times, but that is changing.

There are 479 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-opening-of-the-pinball-basement-check-it-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.