Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pinball_Basement
  • Topic is favorited by 81 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    4F0C3EE4-9080-498A-B0F5-83127730DF48 (resized).jpeg
    297 (resized).jpeg
    46B2C1BC-C208-420A-9B6B-742A594DC43B (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210713-113513_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210507-084655_Gallery (resized).jpg
    100_4175 (resized).JPG
    20210107_134542 (resized).jpg
    20210107_134550 (resized).jpg
    20210105_131320 (resized).jpg
    20210105_153054 (resized).jpg
    20201015_183447 (resized).jpg
    20201015_222115 (resized).jpg
    20201015_215927 (resized).jpg
    20201015_173308 (resized).jpg
    20201015_155913 (resized).jpg

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 14 days ago

This whole thing kinda reminds me of Brock and the BSD coffin mod scenario.

#152 14 days ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe I'm out of touch even though it's what I spend my whole life doing
    I think this thread is a perfect example of what happens when people make a purchase online and get a shipment notification with a tracking number and nothing moves. Cuz, surprise!, when you get a shipment notification you expect it to be on its way.
    It's been fun, but gotta run! Lots of packages to ship before the day is up

Getting a tracking number assigned != shipment notification... but we've already established that.

#153 14 days ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Yes, I should have said I confirmed stock before I paid.
    Paid Aug 19
    Shipping label Aug 21
    Item actually shipped Aug 28
    Just trying to give people here some context if they ordered a wpc 89 board recently

Ok. So where is your package currently according to your tracking number?

#154 14 days ago

I have held off pilling on and kept hoping that I would get a response, but did not. I bought and paid for a WPC 89 Power Board 5 months ago. It took several months to be shipped, even though I had a shipping notification, but the tracking number said that only a label had been printed. I was elated when it showed up. It looked great. Even posted a picture of it on top of my Bally Dr. Who machine. I wanted a spare board, as the working board was from Germany. PINLED. I had recently the month before performed a restoration, paint job and re-decal of the entire pinball.

I unplugged the working board, taking note of each plug # I unplugged. I installed the Pinball Basement Board, checking off each plug as I progressed. I turned the machine on and the game booted up, the lights flashed like usual in attract mode. I started a game, a ball launched but the flippers did not flip. I turned the machine off and back on. Same result. I opened the back box up and started measuring all the Test Point voltages. They were all in range.

I took the Pinball basement board out and put the 2005 German board in (3 times). Checking off each plug on my master list, on the way off and back on.

Long story short....The original board made the game work, the Pinball Basement did not work the Fliptronics 2 flippers. I emailed, I sent pictures of his board installed, I Pm'd and several weeks later, I got a message that he stood behind his product and would exchange the board and send me mailing label. That never happened.

A month later, I noticed he was attending PINFEST as a vendor in Allentown PA. I sent him a message that I would return the board in person and he said he would have an exchange board for me. Guess what. He did not have an exchange board available. I left him the non-working board, with his promise of sending me a new board. Well, that was a month ago. All I got was another shipping notification a week after PINFEST. But that is only that a label was created.

I sent an email earlier this week asking when I would be expecting my board. And no response. I have read that he is having health problems. I also see that he is still advertising here on Pinside for those same boards. So unsuspecting buyers are still probably sending money and getting a shipping notification. That sure is a different business practice. I am still holding on to hope that this situation will turn itself around. Good thing my machine is still working with the old boards.

#156 14 days ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I have held off pilling on and kept hoping that I would get a response, but did not. I bought and paid for a WPC 89 Power Board 5 months ago. It took several months to be shipped, even though I had a shipping notification, but the tracking number said that only a label had been printed. I was elated when it showed up. It looked great. Even posted a picture of it on top of my Bally Dr. Who machine. I wanted a spare board, as the working board was from Germany. PINLED. I had recently the month before performed a restoration, paint job and re-decal of the entire pinball.
    I unplugged the working board, taking note of each plug # I unplugged. I installed the Pinball Basement Board, checking off each plug as I progressed. I turned the machine on and the game booted up, the lights flashed like usual in attract mode. I started a game, a ball launched but the flippers did not flip. I turned the machine off and back on. Same result. I opened the back box up and started measuring all the Test Point voltages. They were all in range.
    I took the Pinball basement board out and put the 2005 German board in (3 times). Checking off each plug on my master list, on the way off and back on.
    Long story short....The original board made the game work, the Pinball Basement did not work the Fliptronics 2 flippers. I emailed, I sent pictures of his board installed, I Pm'd and several weeks later, I got a message that he stood behind his product and would exchange the board and send me mailing label. That never happened.
    A month later, I noticed he was attending PINFEST as a vendor in Allentown PA. I sent him a message that I would return the board in person and he said he would have an exchange board for me. Guess what. He did not have an exchange board available. I left him the non-working board, with his promise of sending me a new board. Well, that was a month ago. All I got was another shipping notification a week after PINFEST. But that is only that a label was created.
    I sent an email earlier this week asking when I would be expecting my board. And no response. I have read that he is having health problems. I also see that he is still advertising here on Pinside for those same boards. So unsuspecting buyers are still probably sending money and getting a shipping notification. That sure is a different business practice. I am still holding on to hope that this situation will turn itself around. Good thing my machine is still working with the old boards.

Damn... I bought a WPC89 MPU and driver board recently for my addams family restoration because I wanted "the best." I havent tested them yet and now Im worried.

#157 14 days ago

Almost caught up on driver orders, all mpu orders have gone out except for one or two replacement mpus.

Did a run of new drivers last night, these are the nicest ones so far and will be correcting any issues and reaching out to verify all problems are corrected.

I will go through the email and verify everyone is taken care of.

Sorry for the delays.

#158 14 days ago

Also, John your driver is one of the ones going out tomorrow.

#159 14 days ago

P. P. S. I will be doing a hard reset of types for the store. I have enough tooling and experience with what works and what doesn't that I can confidently get boards out faster and better. So no more sales for items that can't ship the same day.

MPU's will be my goal to work on and always have in stock. If the stock of that keeps up, I will start stocking drivers again. Once drivers are stocked I'll move onto the next product.

#160 14 days ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it.

#161 14 days ago

I'll be making it up to all customers, stay tuned.

#162 8 days ago

Board looks amazing and worked like a charm. Wish I would have went with you sooner, as I had headaches with other board brands!

Thank you Charlie !!

4F0C3EE4-9080-498A-B0F5-83127730DF48 (resized).jpeg
    #163 8 days ago

Oof, no tracking updates yet

#165 6 days ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Yep still waiting…

7 drivers went out today, will get these last few orders done and then move onto a new product line to add to the store.

#166 6 days ago

Hopefully, My replacement Driver is coming soon. Good News.

#167 6 days ago

So are wpc 89 mpus in stock?

#168 3 days ago

5 weeks since I placed my order. No shipping updates yet.

10 days since this message ^

#169 3 days ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

You could have driven to Minneapolis and picked it up in less time.

#170 3 days ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

OK, so there was two John's and you were not the one I was thinking of. Will dug into this.

#171 3 days ago

OK, so there was two John's and you were not the one I was thinking of. Will dug into this.

Yikes, I think I can dig into the pinball-customs / brock thread and find just about this exact same quote after repeated shipping issues and ‘it’s in the mail’ .. I hope this mixup is legit but someone already said it once and I was thinking the exact same thing — communication and shipping issues very similar to pinball_customs.

Totally baffling to me this isn’t fixed or addressed. Just say hey it’s a hobby and I’ll try and ship it within a month but I can’t promise anything and don’t order if you’re in a rush? Unclear if it’s inventory problems or just lack of follow thru on shipping and/or communication. Very frustrating though when you want someone to succeed and they’ve got a good product

#172 2 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Yikes, I think I can dig into the pinball-customs / brock thread and find just about this exact same quote after repeated shipping issues and ‘it’s in the mail’ .. I hope this mixup is legit but someone already said it once and I was thinking the exact same thing — communication and shipping issues very similar to pinball_customs.
    Totally baffling to me this isn’t fixed or addressed. Just say hey it’s a hobby and I’ll try and ship it within a month but I can’t promise anything and don’t order if you’re in a rush? Unclear if it’s inventory problems or just lack of follow thru on shipping and/or communication. Very frustrating though when you want someone to succeed and they’ve got a good product

It was a mix up in the sense that I had two open driver orders. I expedited one, but it was the wrong one. Both have gone out now.

It comes down to my process. I assemble the board, run the board through the machine, then I need to address any errors that may have come up from my older wave soldering machine.

I have X number of boards of each already soldered, but it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the board type to clear up any issues and make sure its up to standards.

Then there are the random times when I get a board that looks like it should function properly, but tests weird and I have to set it aside after looking at it for X amount of time. So when I thought I could ship 10, but only 7 drivers passed first inspection three get delayed until I can dig into it and address the not so obvious problem.

#173 2 days ago

I guess my replacement board is not one of the two open orders that have gone out now. As I did not get an email update about shipping, since the initial shipping label was created after Pinfest.

I guess I fall into the random time when boards don't function properly and has been set aside to build new boards. At this point, can I just get a refund?

I will understand if you continue to ignore the issue.

Chris

#174 2 days ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I guess my replacement board is not one of the two open orders that have gone out now. As I did not get an email update about shipping, since the initial shipping label was created after Pinfest.
    I guess I fall into the random time when boards don't function properly and has been set aside to build new boards. At this point, can I just get a refund?
    I will understand if you continue to ignore the issue.
    Chris

Sorry Chris, you and one other customer have the driver label printed and ready to go. I will your board and the last of my open orders finished tomorrow.

You will see tracking update by 7PM.

#175 2 days ago

After I close out all open orders and outstanding exchanges, I will be doing runs of boards instead of on going runs. I.E. do them in batches and get them tested and prepped for shipping as they should have been.

System 11 is in progress, but bally will be done sooner as those boards are simpler.

pasted_image (resized).png
    #176 2 days ago

So are you hand stuffing them 1 by 1, then 1 at a time in the solder machine? That’s a bit of work!

Def seems like building up some stock and tieing it to quantity available online is a good route to go to alleviate shipping delays. Seems like a good amount of demand for this product!

#177 1 day ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

So are you hand stuffing them 1 by 1, then 1 at a time in the solder machine? That’s a bit of work!
    Def seems like building up some stock and tieing it to quantity available online is a good route to go to alleviate shipping delays. Seems like a good amount of demand for this product!

I hand stuff the large components, the resistors and small caps are machine stuffed.

Ideally if I could raise $45k I would buy a new machine that would better solder these. For now I need to expand my offerings and stock ahead on products.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside