Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Gottlieb Won't Play Ball

Letter received on Friday February 21st 2014.

Friday February 21st 2014

Hey Lloyd,

The shooter on my Playball machine is not shooting well. It only shoots a few inches up and then everyonce in a while, it will make it up halfway. Ive cleaned the contacts on the ball return relay thinking it wasn’t a good voltage feed to the switches. Ive cleaned the switches that I think are correct. I replaced the coil also to no avail. Any ideas?

Stumperoonie !

Hey Stumeroonie !

Assuming you cleaned the right contacts/switches. And you aren't getting enough whallop. Only one thing to do.

Viagara time for the old leaf blades. Make them puppies rise to the occasion.

Or make sure the contacts on the leaf blades are still making good contact. Clean good and solder them on.

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-wont-play-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.