Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm working on my Black Hole, and I'm just getting finished going over the power supply board. I went to install new header pins, and it seems the square 0.156 pins i normally use do not fit the holes i pulled the old header pins out of. Has anyone run into this? I really don't want to put the old pins back in since I've come this far, and replacement round 0.156 headers are not easy to find. Suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I'm working on my Black Hole, and I'm just getting finished going over the power supply board. I went to install new header pins, and it seems the square 0.156 pins i normally use do not fit the holes i pulled the old header pins out of. Has anyone run into this? I really don't want to put the old pins back in since I've come this far, and replacement round 0.156 headers are not easy to find. Suggestions?
Thanks!

You can use the standard square pins. You just have to enlarge the holes slightly.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Recommended_Updates_and_Repairs_for_the_System_80.2F80A_Power_Supply_Board

Don't just shove the pins in without enlarging the holes, or you may risk popping the pads off the board.

#3 6 years ago

Excellent! Thanks for your quick response!

#4 6 years ago

I tried using a pick as shown on pinwiki, but I'm not really getting anywhere. Do both sides need to be bored out? Do you have to use as lot of force?

Is drilling too risky?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Is drilling too risky?

I've simply turned a drill bit by hand in those holes to enlarge them.

#6 6 years ago

Nice, thanks for the tip! I'll give that a try.

--It worked like a charm! Thanks!

#7 6 years ago

Note that this only works on single sided boards. This would ruin a double sided board!

#8 6 years ago

Fortunately, System 80 power supplies are single sided boards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80-header-pin-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.