SOhd1.jpg
SOpf78.jpg
SOshoot2.jpg
SOshoot1.jpg
SOpftot.jpg
SOpfuapr.jpg
SOpfrgt.jpg
SOpfleft.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Transferred the playfield to the rotisserie for work on the underside. I find this part very important with lots of preventative maintenance and discoveries! Why has the transfer to the rotisserie not happened sooner. When I have the timber siderails off the playfield (which I believe give the pf longitudinal support) I prefer not to have a loaded pf unsupported on the rotisserie.
SOpfroti1.jpg
SOroti2.jpg
Before going to the underside there were a few other things to mention re the pf top. Using the PBR bulb socket probe I clean all sockets & in some acute cases I also use a wire brush in a High Speed power tool. I feel bulbs lit properly are a really important part of machine performance.
SOpfbulbsuccl.jpg
I was concerned at the condition of the chrome bracket which sits between the roto numbers-despite cleaning it had lots of rust etching.
SOpfrotachr1.jpg
I bought on ebay an A4 sheet of silver chrome vinyl adhesive (only used a small section).
SOpfrotachr2.jpg
and whammo what a difference!!
SOpfrotachr3.jpg
I am anxious to resolve that elusive plastic that seems to be missing from many Spin Outs and seemingly not included in plastic sets. It was very well captured by kangourou recently
SOandrewplas.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
I made a rough template for a plastic and am enhancing the artwork provided by kangourou to enable creation of a water slide decal of the 'chequers'. I also found that the machine had installed post rubbers rather than a single rubber-that will be corrected.
SOpfrotaplastemp.jpg
Now starting on the underside I will try to start at the ball return end & work forward. In general terms I will be cleaning, replacing coil sleeves & inspecting coil stops, if necessary adjusting & reviewing everything bearing in mind the machine at the start was operational!! The ball kickout return I am awaiting parts.
I had already removed all rollover wireforms. They were a pretty sad lot (left) with heavy rust. I decided to tumble some spares (right) and will use those. Wow this machine is depleting my spares cache!
SOpfwforms.jpg
As I install the wireforms I remove, clean and if necessary adjust the switches.
SOpfsws.jpg
As I move through I also inspect all bulb holders & solder the lamp body to the base. I have found this procedure eliminates just so many dull/blinking/malfunctioning bulbs. I also thoroughly clean the underside of all inserts-what a difference that makes to the pf light show!
SOpfbulbsoc.jpg
I also insert a bulb to each completed bulb holder & verify operation. On this first bulb holder I found the grounding braid had come adrift-that is preventative maintenance!
SOpfbulbtest.jpg
Moving across to the kickers the contact kicker arms were quite worn/corroded/flaking-more parts needed!
SOpfkickold.jpg
and it was so good to look at the playfield with those bright shiny lower rollover wires poking through
SOpflowerprog.jpg
NEXT - playfield under

Love the idea of the pbr light cleaner inside a drill. Going to do that from now on!

1 month later
#85 8 years ago

Excellent work.

Only one thing left to do.

One more post when you get all 7 numbers lit up

#87 8 years ago

Well done!

Funny sometimes how in testing get amazing games - same happens to me.

Great feeling getting 7. Never done it though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spin-out-diary-of-a-resto?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.