Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

top score fix (resized).jpg
top score 1B switch sch (resized).jpg
topscore missing lifter 1B (resized).jpg
topscore missing lifter 1B stack (resized).jpg
top score ball (resized).JPG
top score no ball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

I had a similar problem on my GTB World Fair and the culprit was a maladjusted motor runout switch at score motor 1C.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from willbeEM:

thanks wayner I'll check it out, the manual has that as the 1C inside switch. Actually you know this is an adjustment I have been avoiding, messing with the score motor is one of my last resort things to do, basically I'm afraid of making them worse.
Maybe this is where I have to wade in. This machine was a major project to restore, it has had this issue all along, and I haven't touched the motor except for superficial cleaning.
Any tips on how to properly clean and adjust the score motor?
willbeEM

I understand your reluctance to tamper with the score motor-I had a similar reluctance when I joined the hobby.
It can be cleaned & adjusted without dismantling but in my experience not very satisfactory & it misses a very important upper lubrication point which is hidden unless the cam is removed.
I think the key issue is to remove the motor board from the cab so you can get really good access to the score motor. As NicoVolta suggests concentrate very carefully on what the switches are doing & in some cases the mal adjustment will stand out very clearly-that was my experience on the 1C adj I mentioned earlier.
Perhaps not a good idea at this stage for you to dismantle the score motor until you are more comfortable to do so.

#19 7 years ago

Unfortunately that can quite often be the case. Think you have nailed it (excuse the pun) but does not solve the problem. Have you now been through all the switches on the score motor to clean & validate contact? Also analyse your score motor label inside the cab to verify the functions of all switches and try & isolate that one which controls the diagnosis. In some cases I have found visual observation of contact is not enough & use a test light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-motor?tu=wayner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.