Gorgar blowing Logic

By crassmage

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My Gorgar out of nowhere yells GORGAR! I turn it off thinking maybe it had been on too long(20mins).

Next day fire it up no luck. Check fuses and the fuses: 6f2 and 6f3 were out on the fuse card, at

least 6f2 was for sure. Replaced them both and only the 6f2 blew and the game still functions

normally. After a couple games(testing) 6f3 finally gave up too and the game is dead with only GI.

Anyone know where I should begin? Game is landlocked so I was hoping to at least have an idea

before I moved stuff around. Thanks in advance

#2 11 years ago

Wait. Let me get this straight. The pin yelled out Gorgar! and then pretty much went crazy?

Hysterical! (sorry I can't help)

#3 11 years ago

Check D7 on the PS board see if it is intact or burnt. Also be sure to use 4A SB fuses in 6F2 and 6F3. 6F2 goes to D7 and 6F3 to D8. If it was mine I'd just replace them anyway just to be sure.

viperrwk

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Wait. Let me get this straight. The pin yelled out Gorgar! and then pretty much went crazy?

I feel bad, but I can't help laughing either. It's like the poor guy had a heart attack and that was his death rattle....

ME HAVE HIGH CHOLESTEROL.........GORGAR! ACK!

#5 11 years ago

@viper I located the d7 / d8 and they are both tight and dont looked burnt(didnt look at underside as it is still mounted) I tested them with my multi meter and neither showed a rating like a resistor would.
Not sure where to go next on this. Anyone have any more suggestions? How would I replace those and what are they? Still new to alot of this. Thanks

#6 11 years ago

You can't test them in circuit - you'd have to desolder one end to test. If you do that you might as well replace them. Pick these up at Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062591. Make sure you put the new ones in with the bands in the same place as the old ones - they only go in one way.

viperrwk

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Sorry I know this isn't helpful, but man that was hilarious!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Sorry I know this isn't helpful, but man that was hilarious!

I agree - when it's not your machine! (i did laugh but didn't want to pile it on.)

-Bob-

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

@viper I located the d7 / d8 and they are both tight and dont looked burnt(didnt look at underside as it is still mounted) I tested them with my multi meter and neither showed a rating like a resistor would.
Not sure where to go next on this. Anyone have any more suggestions? How would I replace those and what are they? Still new to alot of this. Thanks

Oh - you should also check the 12 pin connector at J1 (the big rectangular connector below the diodes.) and see if there's any evidence of any burning there. Try reseating it before swapping out the diodes. If any of the wires/pins look brown or burnt, you'll need to repin.

viperrwk

#10 11 years ago

Replaced them both....fixed it. Thanks viper for being helpful.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Replaced them both....fixed it. Thanks viper for being helpful.

Congrats! You may want to recap the PS and rebuild the HV section for future reliability:

http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=W36-PEC-KIT
http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WAN-HVP-KIT

Enjoy your game.

viperrwk

#12 11 years ago

Good job viperrwk! IMO there are the best threads on this site. Helpful to the op and googlers for years to come. Pinside rocks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-blowing-logic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.