Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by amiga500
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Room is full and can't think of anything else to do to it.

// Error: Image 110697 not found // // Error: Image 110698 not found // // Error: Image 110699 not found //

#2 10 years ago

Nice!

#4 10 years ago

Very nice except it looks like your windows allow sunlight through. I would work on blocking out all sunlight or your cabinets will fade.

#5 10 years ago

If I tried blocking up the windows, you'd see my wife on the news after they find my body buried in the backyard

I actually like the light during the day. Doesn't get that claustrophobic feel.

#6 10 years ago

Looks really nice!

#7 10 years ago

Sweet! Nice job.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks! I wish I had more room. Unfortunately we don't have basements in California.

#9 10 years ago

Hell yea man, good motivation for me!

#10 10 years ago

This is amazing! What kind of lights are behind the photos??

#11 10 years ago

Also, add a bed, bar, mini fridge, and microwave and I'm pretty convinced you'd be set!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

This is amazing! What kind of lights are behind the photos??

I used the $29 Costco led lights (can't remember the name). Same under the pins. However, you can't just stick the led strips to the back or the lights will press up against the wall and it won't give much light.
    So here's what I did:
    The led's need to be strung so they face out. I cut 1/2 inch sections of hot glue gun sticks. I heated up one end and just stuck it to the back. I did this all around the back so I ended up with a rectangular pattern of glue stick nubs. I then melted the outside edge of the glue stick nub and pressed the led strip into it. I ran the led strip all the way around and presto!

#14 10 years ago

You can get rid of the slot machine and add another pin.

#15 10 years ago

You sir, are a genius.

// Error: Image 110703 not found //

#16 10 years ago

I have quite a few chipsets for the slot so it doesn't get old. Plus it cures me of any urges to spend the weekend at Vegas!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

You sir, are a genius.

Thanks You can change to colors via the remote so the Hulk poster is backlit green, Tron blue, and Batman purple. Yeah, Batman really shouldn't be purple but it looks cool.

#18 10 years ago

Very Nice Game Room Man !!!

#19 10 years ago

Looks great! Fantastic space.

#20 10 years ago

Nice!

Remember as long as you're happy, that's all that matters!

#21 10 years ago

looks good.

#22 10 years ago

Excellent !

LTG : )

#23 10 years ago

Love the lighting effects and nice lineup as well

#24 10 years ago

Looks great thanks for sharing the pics with us!

#25 10 years ago

Very nice. My game room only has a 7 ft ceiling. You did a great job. Perhaps on my next one it will look as good as yours.

#26 10 years ago

Thanks to all! I'm actually kind of bummed because I have no excuses from working on the rest of the house.

#27 10 years ago

It looks awesome man, looks like a really nice room in general to turn into a game room. I like that there is light coming in too actually.... don't always want a gloomy game room.

#28 10 years ago

Looks sweet man! When's the party!?!

#29 10 years ago

Very nice! Where are the power wires for the led strips behind the posters? I like how I can't see any!

#30 10 years ago

Very nice.Wish I had more room to do all that .

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Very nice! Where are the power wires for the led strips behind the posters? I like how I can't see any!

The toppers help hide the wires, plus I painted them blue to match the wall. Tough to see unless you look for them. My original plan was to wire in outlets by the windows but the adapters are so bulky for the LEDs it would have looked terrible.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from amiga500:

Room is full and can't think of anything else to do to it.

How do you like that standup cabinet with the x-arcade? Any good?

I was just going to built my own from the ipac/Happ parts but the lazy part of me just wants to buy one.

#33 10 years ago

Impressive!

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

How do you like that standup cabinet with the x-arcade? Any good?
    I was just going to built my own from the ipac/Happ parts but the lazy part of me just wants to buy one.

I had built my own but didn't like it so I bought this prefab. It's OK. It doesn't come with a painted bezel, just clear so the whole LCD is visible. I need to fix that. There are areas where light comes through so it doesn't look as good as a real arcade cabinet.
    I changed the x-arcade controls by replacing one of the buttons with a spinner. I also changed it from a two player to a single. I did that for Tron. I bought a $20 PC flight stick and mounted it where the second joystick goes. I wired it to the player one controls and wired the trigger to one of the fire buttons. So now I use the flight stick and spinner for Tron and I use the regular player one joystick for the other games.
    I also cut in a hole near the bottom and installed a trackball.

#35 10 years ago

Here's a pic of the modified x-arcade.
    Sorry about getting away from pinball.

// Error: Image 110999 not found //

#36 10 years ago

Looks really cool! Great job!

Mike

#37 10 years ago

Awesome lineup!!!

#38 10 years ago

Nice job. Great room.

Yeah, it does kinda stink when you actually finish a room/project because it's time to hit the "honey-do's" in the rest of the house.

#39 10 years ago

That Vader thing is cool, did you make that yourself, or where can you find it?

Nice room, but I agree with the other comment, the amount of daylight is going to completely fade out your cads.

#40 10 years ago

The Vader prints came from England (eBay). I do realize I will get some fading but I'll enjoy the room less without the light.

#41 10 years ago

I think that there is some kind of sunlight protection film that you can buy to place over the windows that will not hurt your view of the outside. Some other folks here who do not have their gamerooms in their basement can probably direct you to a specific product.

#42 10 years ago

Killer looking gameroom..... great job!

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I think that there is some kind of sunlight protection film that you can buy to place over the windows that will not hurt your view of the outside. Some other folks here who do not have their gamerooms in their basement can probably direct you to a specific product.

There were some posts on people testing this stuff, and it how it didn't do much of anything. I was surprised.

#44 10 years ago

Beautiful game room. Great job!
    Their is one thing left that you can do to the game room........build another room on to it! Never enough room!

#45 10 years ago

Great looking room .... nice size

#46 10 years ago

Very nice. Love the lights!

#47 10 years ago

Turboderf, if the Flintstones had actually looked like that I definitely would have watched it.

#48 10 years ago

How many strips of LED's under each pin? One strip down the middle?

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from jbp8653:

How many strips of LED's under each pin? One strip down the middle?

I only put LEDs under the first, third and fifth pin. Putting them on all five would have been too much light. For the individual pins, I put in three strips. One along each side and one curved at the front. The curved one isn't flush but no one can see that. I tried to put the strips close to the edge so I wouldn't crush them with the harbor freight lift.

#50 10 years ago

Some of the best use of led strips I have seen, amazing work.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-pretty-much-done and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.