Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by amiga500
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amiga500.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Room is full and can't think of anything else to do to it.

// Error: Image 110697 not found // // Error: Image 110698 not found // // Error: Image 110699 not found //

#5 10 years ago

If I tried blocking up the windows, you'd see my wife on the news after they find my body buried in the backyard

I actually like the light during the day. Doesn't get that claustrophobic feel.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks! I wish I had more room. Unfortunately we don't have basements in California.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

This is amazing! What kind of lights are behind the photos??

I used the $29 Costco led lights (can't remember the name). Same under the pins. However, you can't just stick the led strips to the back or the lights will press up against the wall and it won't give much light.
    So here's what I did:
    The led's need to be strung so they face out. I cut 1/2 inch sections of hot glue gun sticks. I heated up one end and just stuck it to the back. I did this all around the back so I ended up with a rectangular pattern of glue stick nubs. I then melted the outside edge of the glue stick nub and pressed the led strip into it. I ran the led strip all the way around and presto!

#16 10 years ago

I have quite a few chipsets for the slot so it doesn't get old. Plus it cures me of any urges to spend the weekend at Vegas!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

You sir, are a genius.

Thanks You can change to colors via the remote so the Hulk poster is backlit green, Tron blue, and Batman purple. Yeah, Batman really shouldn't be purple but it looks cool.

#26 10 years ago

Thanks to all! I'm actually kind of bummed because I have no excuses from working on the rest of the house.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Very nice! Where are the power wires for the led strips behind the posters? I like how I can't see any!

The toppers help hide the wires, plus I painted them blue to match the wall. Tough to see unless you look for them. My original plan was to wire in outlets by the windows but the adapters are so bulky for the LEDs it would have looked terrible.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

How do you like that standup cabinet with the x-arcade? Any good?
    I was just going to built my own from the ipac/Happ parts but the lazy part of me just wants to buy one.

I had built my own but didn't like it so I bought this prefab. It's OK. It doesn't come with a painted bezel, just clear so the whole LCD is visible. I need to fix that. There are areas where light comes through so it doesn't look as good as a real arcade cabinet.
    I changed the x-arcade controls by replacing one of the buttons with a spinner. I also changed it from a two player to a single. I did that for Tron. I bought a $20 PC flight stick and mounted it where the second joystick goes. I wired it to the player one controls and wired the trigger to one of the fire buttons. So now I use the flight stick and spinner for Tron and I use the regular player one joystick for the other games.
    I also cut in a hole near the bottom and installed a trackball.

#35 10 years ago

Here's a pic of the modified x-arcade.
    Sorry about getting away from pinball.

// Error: Image 110999 not found //

#40 10 years ago

The Vader prints came from England (eBay). I do realize I will get some fading but I'll enjoy the room less without the light.

#47 10 years ago

Turboderf, if the Flintstones had actually looked like that I definitely would have watched it.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from jbp8653:

How many strips of LED's under each pin? One strip down the middle?

I only put LEDs under the first, third and fifth pin. Putting them on all five would have been too much light. For the individual pins, I put in three strips. One along each side and one curved at the front. The curved one isn't flush but no one can see that. I tried to put the strips close to the edge so I wouldn't crush them with the harbor freight lift.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Man, am I jealous! What a great looking room! I'm hoping to start on mine in the next 6 weeks or so and I hope it turns out as well as yours.
    Darin

Thank you. You have some great pins to use for themes. I just started with pins last summer so it took a while for the room to come together. Backlighting the posters was the very first idea I had but it turned out to be the very last thing I did.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amiga500.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-pretty-much-done?tu=amiga500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.