(Topic ID: 82471)

FS - Monopoly - Fantastic Condition - Currently listed no reserve on Ebay @ $.99

By Toasterdog

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2883.JPG
IMG_2877.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG
IMG_0258_zps5f5ea1fe.jpg
IMG_0221_zps7a71e212.jpg
IMG_0242_zps25e0c5d6.jpg
IMG_0239_zpsc97057c1.jpg
IMG_0220_zpscd3c1f10.jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Happy to answer questions if you got them. I guess I would consider offers, but I am listing as a no reserve auction on Ebay starting at $.99 (Yea, I'm a rebel or a dumbass...one or the other). A boat load of pictures and all the details listed in my auction.

ebay.com link: itm

IMG_0220_zpscd3c1f10.jpgIMG_0220_zpscd3c1f10.jpg
IMG_0242_zps25e0c5d6.jpgIMG_0242_zps25e0c5d6.jpg
IMG_0239_zpsc97057c1.jpgIMG_0239_zpsc97057c1.jpg
IMG_0221_zps7a71e212.jpgIMG_0221_zps7a71e212.jpg
IMG_0258_zps5f5ea1fe.jpgIMG_0258_zps5f5ea1fe.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Gorgeous example! GLWTS

#3 10 years ago

i wish you lived closer! What a beauty !! GLWTS

#4 10 years ago

Just put a bid on it! GLWS!

#5 10 years ago

Looks very nice! GLWS!!

#6 10 years ago

Monopoly has got to have one of the most unique layouts... love it. Good luck with your sale!

#7 10 years ago

this should go for close to 5k , nicest monopoly around

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from luch:

this should go for close to 5k , nicest Monopoly around

If it goes for $5K I'll cut my Monopoly into little pieces and eat it. :>

The only one with a chance of selling for that much would be the Boardwalk or maybe Park Place one and only if you had the other one and desperately wanted to have the pair. It just doesn't command that much money. Too bad, I love the game. Bought mine NIB for $3300 I think.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from luch:

this should go for close to 5k , nicest Monopoly around

LOL. c'mon .. 5k? If it goes for more than 3500 I'll be surprised. This isn't that hard to find in 'like new' condition (and it's not exactly an incredible game to boot.)

#10 10 years ago

beautifully clean pin, good luck with the auction.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for all the positive remarks. 5k would be incredibly optimistic even in my wildest dreams, but it is very nice and the reason I listed at no reserve. Hard to put a price on great examples. I was shooting for 3k plus to help offset some of the fees, but you never know.

Had a few people ask me what I would sell for and honestly I have no idea and the reason I listed like I did. I would listen to any offers of course, especially 5k ones

#12 10 years ago

watching my guess is $2600

#13 10 years ago

I sold a real nice one to the Banker for 2500. Took it on trade and I would gave asked 3k in the showroom. I like the layout and art package. Joe's topper is a top notch!

IMG_2910.JPGIMG_2910.JPG IMG_2882.JPGIMG_2882.JPG
#14 10 years ago

Who ever wins the auction will be getting a very nice pin! A few more pics of the 3D look of the Monopoly topper.

IMG_2877.JPGIMG_2877.JPG IMG_2883.JPGIMG_2883.JPG
#15 10 years ago

lets have a little fun and guess what final bid will be...

my guess is $2950

great looking machine btw

#16 10 years ago

Look what I started . Always nice to get a conversation going. 9 days left already at 2k .

#17 10 years ago

Nice house.....

#18 10 years ago

now maybe the house will get 5k for sure

#19 10 years ago

Ebay auctions are funny, I've seen them start on fire and basically stall out with little action after the first few days. I've seen plenty that I thought someone was going to steal an item, only to have a flurry of bidding in the last few seconds (snipers) and bid the item up much higher than I thought it would get to in the first place.

It's really about being in the right place, at the right time. On Ebay the last 6 that have sold averaged $2600. The highest to sell on Ebay was $5200. Definitely a gamble, considering a few that have been sold were heavily routed and not nearly as nice. I took lots of pictures though and try to be as upfront as possible about the condition.

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/eBay112013.htm

#20 10 years ago

I don't see how a monopoly would go for 5k... unless it's this one.

#21 10 years ago

Nice example. Does it have LEDs in it? I didn't see if that was listed.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Happy to answer questions if you got them. I guess I would consider offers, but I am listing as a no reserve auction on Ebay starting at $.99 (Yea, I'm a rebel or a dumbass...one or the other). A boat load of pictures and all the details listed in my auction.
ebay.com link

Bump for a great guy & seller!

IMG_0220_zpscd3c1f10.jpg 108 KB

IMG_0239_zpsc97057c1.jpg 90 KB

IMG_0242_zps25e0c5d6.jpg 89 KB

IMG_0221_zps7a71e212.jpg 105 KB

IMG_0258_zps5f5ea1fe.jpg 95 KB

#23 10 years ago

Monopoly is BIG BANG for the buck! Didn't think anyone had as sweet a machine as mine but You do.

I think Lawlor did a great job on Monopoly. 1st Stern for him so like TZ he put a lot of stuff in to this game from a mechanical standpoint.

I need to sell some pins and sometimes think about selling mine and then realize for the $$$ it might fetch I ain't selling! Gets a lot of play when people come to my gameroom warehouse.

Sorry You have to sell yours to pay bills, but if You miss it one is not far away to play!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nice example. Does it have LEDs in it? I didn't see if that was listed.

I updated my my auction on Ebay at the bottom and added a short video (very short and poor gameplay, lol). It has premium frosted LEDs for the general illumination, so all topside bulbs. All inserts and everything under the play field is incandescent.

Love that topper doughslingers!

Quoted from FLpinball:

Bump for a great guy & seller!

and thanks Charlie!

#25 10 years ago

There is one for sale in my neck of the woods with less than 600 plays on it. Pristine condition. Guy is asking $4000 for it. No topper, sorry!

#26 10 years ago

I am interested to see how this turns out as I have a Monopoly in similar condition. Just posting here so I can find this later.

Best of luck with your sale.

Derek

#27 10 years ago

Is there such thing as a perfect Monopoly cabinet or do they all suffer the same fate?

#28 10 years ago

Auction gone did the machine sell locally?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Auction gone did the machine sell locally?

Always happens on Ebay they "sell" it before it ends. No real offense to the OP as I'm sure someone gave you an offer you couldn't pass, I hate that Ebay lets auctions be pulled. If you start one you should have to finish it or pay a % penalty of last bid price when you pull it.

#30 10 years ago

Problem with ending ebay auction early now is that they charge you the commission on the highest bid.

#32 10 years ago

Yup, new policy. People don't notice it because it automatically bills you. I ended a few auction as I always do and got billed $200 for items that never sold.

#33 10 years ago

Wow didn't know that about the highest bid commission. Another reason to think twice about using eBay to sell large ticket items

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Problem with ending ebay auction early now is that they charge you the commission on the highest bid.

That's not a problem for anyone but the sellers. And good. If you don't want to sell it don't list it on an auction site.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That's not a problem for anyone but the sellers. And good. If you don't want to sell it don't list it on an auction site.

Agreed, but the problem is, after years of allowing it, they changed without telling anyone. I would also add that less than 15% of total ebay sales come from auctions. EBAY is a "Buy it now" online retail store, so calling it an auction site is questionable. I now place things for sale with an outrageous buy it now price and take offers.

#36 10 years ago

Seller killed auction did I miss something?

#37 10 years ago

Yeah I saw that, WTH, I was about to put a pretty decent bid in. Wow ebay sucks to allow people to play games like that, no offense to the Op.

#38 10 years ago

Yup, new policy. People don't notice it because it automatically bills you. I ended a few auction as I always do and got billed $200 for items that never sold.

Does this make shill bidding a little harder?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does this make shill bidding a little harder?

No, they love shill bidding and practically support it the higher the auction price, the more in fees.

#40 10 years ago

Soooooo OP had a reserve after all it looks like. Que price is wrong Bi%# horn.

#41 10 years ago

I'll never buy anything of real value on eBay strictly because of shill bidding. I'm behind the times though, because I still think of eBay as an auction site. I guess it's really the worlds largest flea market now.

#42 10 years ago

yeah and they take a percentage of shipping costs too . bandits!

#43 10 years ago

wheres the seller ? hello .. toaster, where u at

your buddies here want to know how u went with the monopoly sale. : P

#44 10 years ago

not so, if its a buy it now, but yes this wasnt. : P

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Soooooo OP had a reserve after all it looks like. Que price is wrong Bi%# horn.

Did you really think he was gonna sell it to someone for 99 cents?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Did you really think he was gonna sell it to someone for 99 cents?

Um yeah. Hello!? Lol Of course not but the auction was up to about 2100 and then abruptly ended...I'm guessing cause the OP wasn't happy with where auction was headed. Hence my poor attempt at humor I guess.

#47 10 years ago

What happens now if it doesn't meet reserve?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Um yeah. Hello!? Lol Of course not but the auction was up to about 2100 and then abruptly ended...I'm guessing cause the OP wasn't happy with where auction was headed. Hence my poor attempt at humor I guess.

Sorry Cyber, I got your humor and laughed. I thought you'd get mine too. I was cracking up when I wrote it. Simply because we all know that once it wasn't near what he thought he was going to get for it, he pulled the plug before it ended on him.

#49 10 years ago

What happened?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

What happens now if it doesn't meet reserve?

not totally sure, he either closed the auction maybe because it didnt get to what he wanted, or he may have taken an offer for it. he may have decided to keep it? who knows. there may be other reasons tho for the closure. did anyone notice the last bid price it got to ? i may have seen at around 2.3k with a couple of days remaining.
its still listed in his current collection tho. : P

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-monopoly-fantastic-condition-currently-listed-no-reserve-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.