8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Mocean
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Curbfeeler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Robocop in Des Moines, IA

Added: 2015-07-19 13:50:21 UTC • Ended: November 19th, 2015
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 1,100

Hi guys. Putting up my Robocop. I bought this game to do a playfield restoration, and I think it's a great candidate if you have those talents. It would make a great player's machine as-is. You don't see these come up much, not sure how many survive. I put it in the Milwaukee show 2 years ago, and people love it. It's a massively fun game, a real crowd pleaser. Check out this video for gameplay and a review.

After I got it home I loved the soundtrack and call outs so much I put a great set of speakers in it (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-50-60-sound-mod-begins-a-little-help). This thing rocks the house!

Pics are here....
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/287icikn4duor9q/AACiZ94vsTW_0tW2P8J49cA7a?dl=0

A few things to note. It's got a melted plastic where two flashers locked on. I replaced the transistor that caused this, but the damage was done. I can't be 100% sure what the damage is without pulling the mylar when it's time to restore. Could just need to be sanded, backfilled with epoxy for strength, then re-decaled. Might need to be replaced. Worst case scenario you could make a new insert, details here...

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1443.msg14076#msg14076

I tried some, but wasn't able to find a replacement. A few dataeast games used these, including Checkpoint, so might not be impossible to find, but no promises.

There is some wear here and there, the kind of thing that on restore would touch up very easily.

There are also a couple of broken plastics and the center target plastic is homemade and not original. I've actually started down the road of remaking plastics for it and can give you my vector art if you are interested. Good print shops can print direct to PETG for usually a minimum order of $50, so you could print a few and sell them to recoup your cost. You can see a couple of my laser prints in the pics. There was a guy who remade them here in England, but he seems to have flown the coop.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-data-east-robocop-playfield-plastics-6pc-sets

One other thing, the center targets are SHREDDED, but I have new ones included in the sale. Just need to be put on.

Also have a ramp sign that needs to be put on and a broken ramp sign and some roms, no extra charge

I bought this 2 years ago for $1500 and I'm in the process of clearing out pins for what I have in them, but I'm pricing this at $1300 (now $1100), which is less than what I have in it, but the melted insert takes $200 off the value IMO, even though it does not affect game play.

Cash only. Any questions of need more pics, just let me know.
Dan

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Curbfeeler's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Curbfeeler's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Des Moines, IA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#3 8 years ago

Bummer. I just sold a game to a guy from Minneapolis yesterday who could have fit a second. bad timing

#4 8 years ago

bump for a new price. $1200, great deal.

3 weeks later
#5 8 years ago

Last price reduction bump, $1100. Won't go lower, so get it while it's available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Curbfeeler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-robocop-in-des-moines-ia?tu=Curbfeeler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.