(Topic ID: 115102)

FS: NEW RoboCop Playfield Plastics (6pc set)

By PeteB

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-6 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-3 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-2 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-5 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-4 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-1 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-3 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-5 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-4 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-2 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3111_closeup.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

UPDATED MARCH 1st 2017
------------------------------

Hi all!

When restoring my RoboCop I had to remake some plastics and unfortunately doing just a single run wasn't possible due to the methods I wanted to use to make them, so I now have additional sets if anyone needs replacements.

Originally I was making these myself by cutting the plastic and attaching a clear vinyl sticker to the underside. This is no longer the case as of March 2017! They are now professionally made.

They are laser cut so have nice smooth edges, and the artwork is printed in reverse directly to the back of the plastics. The artwork is NOT scanned. These were completely redrawn in Illustrator for a better quality print.

It's a 6 piece set consisting of:

- Left and right sling shots
- Left and right inlanes
- Center standup targets
- Ramp 'RoboCop Entry' sign

As per feedback from the last set, I have made the blue slightly darker so it matches the original plastics perfectly - however the picture shown here with the game lights switched on is from the old set as I no longer has a Robocop machine.

I now sell these through the Retro Refurbs website so there is no longer any need to PM me to make your order. You can buy them directly, at any convenient time, from here: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/robocop-plastics-set/

Price is currently £39 GBP + shipping. I can ship to anywhere in the world and currency conversion is automatically handled by the website and PayPal - click the "i" info button on the above link to see various currencies.

If you look around my shop you will notice I also have a number of cabinet decals including RoboCop. Order here: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/robocop-data-east-pinball-cabinet-decals/

------------------------------

Some photos:

robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-1 (resized).jpgrobocop-pinball-plastics-printed-1 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-2 (resized).jpgrobocop-pinball-plastics-printed-2 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-3 (resized).jpgrobocop-pinball-plastics-printed-3 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-4 (resized).jpgrobocop-pinball-plastics-printed-4 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-5 (resized).jpgrobocop-pinball-plastics-printed-5 (resized).jpg
IMG_3111_closeup.jpgIMG_3111_closeup.jpg

#2 9 years ago

PM sent.....

#3 9 years ago

PM sent

#4 9 years ago

PM sent

#5 9 years ago

Pm sent.

"Stay out of trouble"

Bas

#6 9 years ago

Replies sent. Your move creep!

#7 9 years ago

Payment sent

"Serve the public trust"

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

Shameless bump. Only have a few of these left if anybody wants them.

#9 9 years ago

I recieved my plastic set last week and must say Pete did a great job.
Anybody with the Great robocop pinball machine should get a set of these plastic because
finding a original replacement is almost impossible!! Looked for many years.....

" serve the public trust "

Bas

#10 9 years ago

I received my plastics as well and I agree with Bas, the plastics look great!

Thanks Pete!

Marco

#11 9 years ago

Wish I had a Robocop to buy these bump..........Joey

3 weeks later
#12 9 years ago

Very interested, PM sent.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Wish I had a Robocop to buy these bump..........Joey

seriously...would love to find this pin

2 weeks later
#14 9 years ago

Glad to hear people are happy with these and are making more Robocop's look fresh again.

Still a few available if others need them.

1 week later
#15 9 years ago

Bump for an awesome seller!

The plastics look great, can't wait to get them installed.

Cheers dude!

#16 9 years ago

sending pm

#17 9 years ago

Hello, just checking to see if still available. Really need a set!!!

Dan

1 week later
#18 9 years ago

Id like to get a set!!
Im also looking for the ramps for D.E robocop new or in used but nice condition plz let me know if u have!!!or if u can make new!!

#19 9 years ago

Sent a PM, very interested in a set of these!

#20 9 years ago

My apologies to those who have been sending PM's and not getting replies. I had been very ill recently and on top of that had major internet connection problems. Will reply to you all asap.

Thanks for your patience!

2 weeks later
#22 8 years ago

Just sent a PM your way. Really hoping there is still a set available!

1 week later
#23 8 years ago

Great, hope you're feeling better. I had sent you a PM a few weeks ago. Let me know if you still have any of the plastic sets whenever you get around to it. If not, maybe you could send us the artwork file?

1 week later
#24 8 years ago

PM sent

1 week later
#25 8 years ago

Pm sent

#26 8 years ago

This guy isn't answering PMs. I'm pretty sure it's a non-starter at this point.

#27 8 years ago

How do we get together and go-about getting sets made? A group this large should be able to accomplish this.

#28 8 years ago

You need someone to vectorize the artwork. There's actually pretty good scans already to work from - I used them to make a quick centre plastic.

I'd do it but it's hours of work for a game I'm not keeping for long. If this guy would send me the files he already has I could likely follow through on the printing and laser cutting.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You need someone to vectorize the artwork. There's actually pretty good scans already to work from - I used them to make a quick centre plastic.
I'd do it but it's hours of work for a game I'm not keeping for long. If this guy would send me the files he already has I could likely follow through on the printing and laser cutting.

How easy is the process? What does it take to get it done?

#30 8 years ago

You need a vector drawing program like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape, and you re-create the lines of the original graphics in the vector style so it can be infinitely re-sized and will print at max resolution.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You need a vector drawing program like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape, and you re-create the lines of the original graphics in the vector style so it can be infinitely re-sized and will print at max resolution.

well, yeah I'm not equipped to do that haha

#32 8 years ago

I've already vectorized 1 of them -- the middle one. The scans are very good that were on dropbox a while back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silhouette-cameo-pinball-restorers-club#post-1950832

EDIT: Oh, I forgot I vectorized the slings as well. Duh.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

I've already vectorized 1 of them -- the middle one. The scans are very good that were on dropbox a while back.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silhouette-cameo-pinball-restorers-club#post-1950832
EDIT: Oh, I forgot I vectorized the slings as well. Duh.

Awesome dude, that rocks. How does a guy go about getting these printed if he has the scans in hand?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

How does a guy go about getting these printed if he has the scans in hand?

It's two processes. The printing you need to vectorize and take to a professional printer who can print direct ink to substrate. Not as good as screening but very good. That is what this guy did. The blues are somewhat washed out but acceptable. Then the cutting is a different process. Laser cutting is the best and gives the results shown in the pics.

1 week later
#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

It's two processes. The printing you need to vectorize and take to a professional printer who can print direct ink to substrate. Not as good as screening but very good. That is what this guy did. The blues are somewhat washed out but acceptable. Then the cutting is a different process. Laser cutting is the best and gives the results shown in the pics.

afraid that may be beyond me

#36 8 years ago

Any of these still available?

1 month later
#37 8 years ago

Would love a set as well. Anybody??

4 weeks later
#38 8 years ago

anybody got slingshot plastics?

#39 8 years ago

anybody got slingshot plastics?

Whoa! this thread is so deserted it's got an echo!

1 week later
#40 8 years ago

nevermind found me some brand new ones!

2 months later
#41 8 years ago

Still have any.? Thanks marc...

5 months later
#42 7 years ago

do you still have them? would like a set

#43 7 years ago

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm in the process of having another batch of plastics made up. I'll have a larger quantity available, but if you could let me know you're interested that would be a big help so I know roughly how many to have made.

Will post an update shortly but the plastics will now come with a new ball lock sticker as well - the down arrow over black and yellow hazard marks.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm in the process of having another batch of plastics made up. I'll have a larger quantity available, but if you could let me know you're interested that would be a big help so I know roughly how many to have made.
Will post an update shortly but the plastics will now come with a new ball lock sticker as well - the down arrow over black and yellow hazard marks.

I will definitely take a set, maybe two depending on the cost.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

I will definitely take a set, maybe two depending on the cost.

Ok, I will put you down for 2 and give you a bit of discount.

1 week later
#46 7 years ago

are these Robocop plastics still available? please put me down for a set.
How do you accept payment?

Also hear there might be a company who is looking at redoing the ramp if they get 10 orders.
Anyone else hear about this?

Cheers!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from rayzor50:

Also hear there might be a company who is looking at redoing the ramp if they get 10 orders.
Anyone else hear about this?

Nope, but interested and really hoping for a nice ED 209 mod that has 906 flashers for the spinner, that would greatness.

#48 7 years ago

Ok my first post...im interested in a set of those plastics as well.
Got my Robocop about a month ago and have had to fix a few things.... apologies if i call things by the wrong name ..im new at this pinball stuff.
So i fixed the lower of the 3 pop bumper it was out of adjustment and alignment, ball would just rest against and do nothing, same with one of the kickers on the left side of the flippers.

Display was playing up ... turned out to be two seperate resistor faults, one on the display board and one in the powersupply, fixed both thanks to the excellent description at www.techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index3.htm.

Plays great now but i keep chipping bits off the plastics... the ball gets airborne alot.

#49 7 years ago

I'm interested in a set, too

#50 7 years ago

I'm interested in a set. Thanks

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-data-east-robocop-playfield-plastics-6pc-sets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.