• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Boatcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi
This my first post. Looking to get first machine for basement for my daughter and myself
Have found 3 games on Craigslist
Extra Innings for 450 obo
Doodle bug for 375
Big Show for 375
All are supposedly in working order
Just wanted to know if prices asked are in ballpark
As I couldn't find that much info on sales of these titles
thanks for any help
Ira

#2 6 years ago

If they're working, they're definitely not far off if the condition is there. Things like playfield wear and backglass art will make a big difference in the price.

#3 6 years ago

That is in the ballpark that I see for games of this vintage...if working $300-$400 is a pretty standard minimum.

#4 6 years ago

Be sure and play them all to see just how supposedly they are working.

Not knowing where you are located, I'd say prices are fair. If working. You may have to clean, new rubber rings, and some bulbs.

LTG : )

#5 6 years ago

Sales are dependent on a host of local and national factors. I personally like drop targets. I personally don't like a game where the ball goes down the middle 3 times in a row. You may not get a chance to try them, but do some research on You Tube or the like so you can see them in action or at least up close.

A seller's description of "working order" can vary also. Inevitably, you may have to replace bulbs at a minimum, clean the playfield, and troubleshoot defective (fill in the blank).

#6 6 years ago

Thanks

#7 6 years ago

I'm in Long Island. East of Manhattan

#8 6 years ago

There is also a Ballys Aladdins Castle that the asking price is 700
Says new rubber needs no work
I will def play before buying. These are local to me
Thank you everyone for your advice

#9 6 years ago

Of the original 3, Doodle Bug. Extra inning...no pop bumpers.. Big Show..looks very cheaply made. Aladdins Castle seems to high. If you are willomg to spend $500, you should get a decent working em in nice shape. Do not rush.

1 week later
#10 6 years ago

If it matters, I'd say Doodle Bug would be the best bang for the buck here as far as game play. The others are kind of shallow on strategy in my opinion.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

I'd say Doodle Bug would be the best bang for the buck here as far as game play.

agree..always said it's one of the few games that can't be mastered..there is no bigger rush than getting the 'doodle bug' lit for 10k and trying to keep the ball in play.

#12 6 years ago

"Big Show" is a big bore! You'd get tired of that game in an hour!

#13 6 years ago

Aladins castle is a very fun pin. That would be my pick.

A working em is a good first pin. A dead em will drive a person new to the hobby crazy.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

there is no bigger rush than getting the 'doodle bug' lit for 10k and trying to keep the ball in play.

Not a big fan of the game, but have to admit even a 1K doodle bug ball can get rather exciting. A 10K bug would be a gas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-machine-need-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.