• Latest reply 5 hours ago by Ballypin
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 29 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 114 votes
    15%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 81 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 273 votes
    36%
  • Next title please! 268 votes
    35%

(765 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9856 (resized).jpeg
giphy.gif
622F2925-FDD7-4229-8033-89C8D6CEFAF9.gif
IMG_9839 (resized).jpeg
27C6C0DC-42E1-4AC7-BD07-D9E6F5B5CECC.gif
IMG_7774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
nike-sb-dunk-high-san-francisco (resized).jpg
20220624_203246 (resized).jpg
IMG_0250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9618 (resized).jpeg
FF (resized).JPG
FF (resized).png
IMG_6778 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 98.
#4151 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The idea is two due moore of it.

Hahahahahahahahah

#4152 4 months ago
Quoted from chad:

That would put the vean counters in distress though...

I would trade a tiny dancer figure for substantially more reliability with screw-secured USB connectors.

#4153 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would trade a tiny dancer figure for substantially more reliability with screw-secured USB connectors.

Perhaps you could remove the figure and strap it to the USB connectors for more security. Hold it closer, tiny dancer.

#4154 4 months ago

My review… I own a pe.

#4155 4 months ago

Nice review and killer collection! Damn!

#4156 4 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

My review… I own a pe.

AWESOME!!!

1 week later
#4157 3 months ago

Set up a nice Elton game at Christie’s auction house at rock center today. They are setting up and the public can come view all his stuff this weekend.

Nice sig from Elton on the apron- “with love from the pinball wizard.”

I believe his captain fantastic
Game is also on the way.

Really cool how the playfield art made it into the giant auction display on 49th st.

IMG_1215 (resized).jpegIMG_1215 (resized).jpegIMG_1221 (resized).jpegIMG_1221 (resized).jpegIMG_1224 (resized).jpegIMG_1224 (resized).jpegIMG_1225 (resized).jpegIMG_1225 (resized).jpegIMG_1226 (resized).jpegIMG_1226 (resized).jpeg

#4158 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice sig from Elton on the apron- “with love from the pinball wizard.”

Always nice to have the signature on the apron. My Guns n Roses has 3 directly on the apron and it always puts a smile on my face when i see them.

#4159 3 months ago

That is SWEET!!!!

#4160 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is SWEET!!!!

Perhaps you’ll be bidding?

Estimate is $12-15k but we all know that’s just to juice bidding. It will go for many times that.

#4161 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Estimate is $12-15k but we all know that’s just to juice bidding. It will go for many times that.

I logged in to Christie’s. Saw that.

Many times that? That would be a no go for me but it is def very cool!

#4163 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I logged in to Christie’s. Saw that.
Many times that? That would be a no go for me but it is def very cool!

Yeah my guess is $50k. Who knows though.

These auctions can get out of hand.

#4164 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah my guess is $50k. Who knows though.
These auctions can get out of hand.

I notice they are doing a pop up store during the event.

Is this an auction for charity? Can’t find info so prob not.

#4165 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I notice they are doing a pop up store during the event.
Is this an auction for charity? Can’t find info so prob not.

Yes Elton’s AIDS charity I think.

Yeah they are doing a pop up. I think an old captain fantastic will be there. Nothing was set up as of today.

I’ll probably go check it out this weekend.

#4166 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn Levi I am in ! Where do I sign up or will you hold a paddle for me !

#4167 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Damn Levi I am in ! Where do I sign up or will you hold a paddle for me !

Ha I don’t think I’ll proxy but you will be able to register / browse here.

Happy browsing! There’s some cool stuff and also lots of homoerotic art so if penises bother you tread lightly !!

https://www.christies.com/en/events/the-collection-of-sir-elton-john-goodbye-peachtree-road/what-is-on

#4168 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I don’t think I’ll proxy but you will be able to register / browse here.
Happy browsing! There’s some cool stuff and also lots of homoerotic art so if penises bother you tread lightly !!
https://www.christies.com/en/events/the-collection-of-sir-elton-john-goodbye-peachtree-road/what-is-on

Why would they bother me, one of my biggest assets !

Signed up and changed a flight so wasn't in mid air !

#4169 3 months ago

Penises don’t scare me but marsupials do.

#4170 3 months ago

Signed up and ready to go!

Man that pin is gorgeous. People that have seen say “even better in person”.

#4171 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Why would they bother me, one of my biggest assets !
Signed up and changed a flight so wasn't in mid air !

Sick. Hope you go balls out and end up grabbing the CE!

Unless Ice snipes you!

#4172 3 months ago

Great publicity for sure!

#4173 3 months ago
2 weeks later
#4174 3 months ago

After getting through a couple of teething problems, I'm down one last issue that JJP has been helping with with and wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue. My Tiny Dancer squeaks when it turns. Once for each rotation. When I hold the switch off the barrel underneath the playfield, it stops. So the friction between the switch leaf and the barrel body is causing the issue. JJP has come back and asked me to put some lube on the barrel. I have always been told to NEVER PUT ANY LUBE ON A PINBAL MACHINE.

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations?

EltonJohnTinyDancerBarrel (resized).pngEltonJohnTinyDancerBarrel (resized).png
#4175 3 months ago

The lube rule has exceptions and this could be one of them. I don't really see the downside of a trying a tiny little bit on this goofy mech.

#4176 3 months ago
Quoted from SamW:

I have always been told to NEVER PUT ANY LUBE ON A PINBAL MACHINE.

Metal-on-metal is usually an exception to the conventional wisdom. Thin film of super lube is recommended for EM wiper fingers, and this is a pretty similar kind of friction, metal blade dragging on metal as it rotates. I say go for it. Easy spot to reach & clean if you change your mind.

#4177 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The lube rule has exceptions and this could be one of them. I don't really see the downside of a trying a tiny little bit on this goofy mech.

Goofy mech?The concept or the appearance of dancer?

#4178 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Goofy mech?The concept or the appearance of dancer?

It's a little bit too literal for my tastes.

But it's kind of par for the course on a game with a rocking crocodile and a rocket. I see what he was going for there.

Where's the empty garden?! Or the Honky Cat?

Please don't go full Panzer on me! It was just a flippant comment. Key takeaway: feel free to use a little lube!

#4179 3 months ago
Quoted from SamW:

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations?

Maybe there's a tiny burr on the edge of the switch, squealing like an old school brake pad wear indicator? #cargument

If the switch blade feels anything but perfectly smooth, maybe knock down the edge(s) with a file.

#4180 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But it's kind of par for the course on a game with a rocking crocodile and a rocket. I see what he was going for there.
Please don't go full Panzer on me! It was just a flippant comment. Key takeaway: feel free to use a little lube!

Nah dude I ain’t going Panzer on you at all.I just thought if they felt they had to do something like that could it have been cooler?

#4181 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe this honky cat spinning a bolo?

IMG_9671 (resized).jpegIMG_9671 (resized).jpeg

#4182 3 months ago

Around 70k for the elton signed CE.. . Plus tax and shipping. 25% commission included in that price

#4183 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Around 70k for the elton signed CE.. . Plus tax and shipping. 25% commission included in that price

Are you the proud new owner?

#4184 3 months ago

Yeah I was in there.

$55k hammer price plus fees!

I’m happy with my regular plain CE

Surprised if a pin guy like Billy went there

#4185 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I was in there.

My $17K bid got shot down in flames in about 10 seconds!

And I also beefed on cock snake. $6K didn't get it done!

It was fun to watch. Folks buying $150k watches like they are breath mints.
IMG_1339 (resized).jpegIMG_1339 (resized).jpeg

#4186 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My $17K bid got shot down in flames in about 10 seconds!
And I also beefed on cock snake. $6K didn't get it done!

The cock snake was awesome!!!

#4187 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The cock snake was awesome!!!

Would have made such a fuckin awesome Zoom background!

#4188 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I was in there.
Surprised if a pin guy like Billy went there

Nope was out at 50k. The price of an Elton autograph is way too damn cheap, so made no sense whatsoever. I also got a terrible call at a very inopportune time from one of my GMs at a hotel, that a lady complained she couldn't see her skid marks in the new black toilets we had put in all the penthouse suits, so that interrupted my not so strong finish!

#4189 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Nope was out at 50k. The price of an Elton autograph is way too damn cheap, so made no sense whatsoever. I also got a terrible call at a very inopportune time from one of my GMs at a hotel, that a lady complained she couldn't see her skid marks in the new black toilets we had put in all the penthouse suits, so that interrupted my not so strong finish!

Who wants to see skid marks and a white bowl of shit concrete plastered all over it.

She saved your ass from doing a stupid thing

Bring out the heavy duty scrapers

Black toilets? Common sense

#4190 3 months ago

This conversation seems appropriate on this thread. Just sayin.

#4191 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who wants to see skid marks and a white bowl of shit concrete plastered all over it.
She saved your ass from doing a stupid thing
Bring out the heavy duty scrapers
Black toilets? Common sense

I told him to just comp her a bottle of white out, problem solved.

#4192 3 months ago

Auction was great. I can’t figure out that price point although very good for the charity. I called and confirmed the game did not even come from Elton John’s house nor did he ever own it. He just signed the apron sheet separately. Seems like a crazy price for just a signature that’s added.

#4193 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I told him to just comp her a bottle of white out, problem solved.

I’m proud of my own dumps too but I’d rather not deal with the leftover porcelain concrete blaster if I can avoid it.

That’s gotta be a first Bill !

#4194 3 months ago
Quoted from Rprovost:

Auction was great. I can’t figure out that price point although very good for the charity. I called and confirmed the game did not even come from Elton John’s house nor did he ever own it. He just signed the apron sheet separately. Seems like a crazy price for just a signature that’s added.

At $50k it was one of the cheapest auctions of the day. Way cheaper than any of the art besides cock snake.

It’s for charity and it’s lots of people bidding on Elton John stuff. Its not a big surprise it went for $50k to me.

#4195 3 months ago
Quoted from Rprovost:

Auction was great.

I would hope so!
I mean, we are talking about cock snakes here!
FF3D509F-5650-4DB8-A642-A82E7385DC49.gifFF3D509F-5650-4DB8-A642-A82E7385DC49.gif

#4196 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At $50k it was one of the cheapest auctions of the day. Way cheaper than any of the art besides cock snake.
It’s for charity and it’s lots of people bidding on Elton John stuff. It a big surprise it went for $50k to me.

Great for Elton Aids foundation

I’m sure most people had no idea what to do with it.

Let somebody else enjoy some pinball and support a great cause

The cock snake? I wouldn’t want a pussy snake pic either to hang on the wall

#4197 3 months ago

Not been much hype lately in here. Curious if anyone can comment to the experience shown on the LCD screen. I’m is it mostly pictures? Live footage? Concert footage? Is there a lot or videos assets included? And does anyone have any idea of the game will continue to be developed with code or more video assets?

#4198 3 months ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Not been much hype lately in here. Curious if anyone can comment to the experience shown on the LCD screen. I’m is it mostly pictures? Live footage? Concert footage? Is there a lot or videos assets included? And does anyone have any idea of the game will continue to be developed with code or more video assets?

It’s 2D ‘paper cutout’ animation mixed with rendered images. The occasional clip of film footage (e.g. Elton John performing Tommy). Really surrealist art style featuring cats wearing bow ties, crocodiles flying on rockets, a house that gets up and follows Elton John down a street.

Speaking as a music fan, but not an Elton John fan specifically, I like it much more than photo-realistic concert footage. I’d never consider buying, for example, Stern’s AC/DC because it’s an eyesore, but we’re currently hiring an Elton John and I’m definitely considering adding one to our collection.

#4199 3 months ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

It’s mostly moving pictures and some video in the higher up modes.
You never have time to look at it anyway. Trust me.
The game is outstanding.

#4200 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I also got a terrible call at a very inopportune time from one of my GMs at a hotel, that a lady complained she couldn't see her skid marks in the new black toilets we had put in all the penthouse suits, so that interrupted my not so strong finish!

That is an absolutely hilarious complaint. You must see crazy stuff in your line of work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 4,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-hype-thread/page/84?utm_source=twipnewsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=you-got-the-twipy-touch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.