• Latest reply 44 minutes ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 29 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 108 votes
    14%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 81 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 274 votes
    36%
  • Next title please! 268 votes
    35%

(760 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF (resized).png
IMG_6778 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6779 (resized).png
IMG_9595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6776 (resized).png
IMG_6775 (resized).png
DSCN0780 (resized).JPG
DSCN0779 (resized).JPG
IMG_7771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
641576EB-0803-423B-8DBC-83105A851E3D.gif
IMG_6183.jpeg
IMG_6186.jpeg
JJP Super Kit (resized).jpg
350261786_1590528618099089_4327790555646466687_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,602 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 93.
#951 6 months ago

Curious if JJP will produce only 1 at a time, just in case the interest isn’t there. “Alright boys break is over we’ve sold 1 more” Just the money invested in the initial production, R & D and parts. A complete gamble! Jack’s pockets are pretty deep…….

#952 6 months ago

will the JJP seminar on expo tomorrow be transmitted live ?

#953 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean..it IS "elton john" pinball. There's gonna be some Elton on it.
Kind of surprised for the hate for theme but I was also surprised for the hate of the Godfather theme and look how that turned out.

How did it turn out?

#954 6 months ago

Remember the general shocked silence followed by polite applause when Dialed In was revealed? We might be in for part 2 of that.

#955 6 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

And JJP had a huge success with GNR. Fans want rock pins, not adult contemporary or whatever you classify Elton John music as. Might as well be more relevant and go with Taylor Swift if it's just about who can sell out a large venue. Makes no sense especially for Steve Ritchie with his catalogue of past games.

Honestly, after playing tna alot, i'm fairly certain pinball and modern pinball lightning is perfect for electronic music.
I think depeche mode would be awesome for pinball.

#956 6 months ago

This theme isn't 1/1000th as bad as WOZ; the single most attacked theme of all time on Pinside.
Of course it sold just shit tons of machines and so many people here love it. Csnt predict the future.

Quoted from Mnluz:

I heard no, but recorded uploaded after.

#957 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I love these posts
"Kiss my ass you suck and this is gonna be a flop. But good luck I mean it!"

No shit it’s hilarious and happens everytime

#958 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about Taylor Swift?
The Swifties would eat it up!
Currently, the most popular “musician” in the world.
Pin nerds don’t understand that mass appeal. I don’t either but hey, it’s a huge market of folks with $$$
I’ll say one thing, JJP certainly doesn’t care about catering to Pinside

I’d be in for a Taylor swift pin way before EJ. At least my daughter and her friends would play it

#959 6 months ago

It may look awesome when fully revealed, but what we can see of it looks kind of garish. The "SUPERSTAR" on the topper seems like a really amateurish design element.

Also, is the shooter a STAR? Or is that just a background on the shooter plate? Because if it's a star you pull on to launch the ball, that looks painful. Lockdown bar button should have had the star button.

teaser.jpgteaser.jpg

#960 6 months ago

Not sure on US prices but in UK WOZ was half GnR/Wonka pricing, now at JJP current prices it needs to be slam dunk themes to get us to open our wallets, especially now JJP aren't the only alternative to Stern. Elton is a market, slam dunk, probably not, but enough to keep JJP in business, I certainly hope so... but remember, if the pf has pooling it's your fault...

#961 6 months ago

I wonder if there’s a disconnect with JJP reading the room but probably but that time they were all in. Just hoping all those grannies that are itching to establish the long awaited game room come out of the closet. Any guesses on how many will actually be sold worldwide? Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

#962 6 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Remember the general shocked silence followed by polite applause when Dialed In was revealed? We might be in for part 2 of that.

At least the reveal will be a lot better produced. JJP has learned how to do a reveal video. That was a huge part of the problem with Dialed In's reveal.

#963 6 months ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

No.

Pinball News is recording all the seminars and posting them at the end of each day. Apparently due to something about bad internet quality at the venue.

#964 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No.
Pinball News is recording all the seminars and posting them at the end of each day. Apparently due to something about bad internet quality at the venue.

And a chance to edit in some canned applause on reveal.

#965 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah Swifty ain’t messing around with a rinky dink pinball machine license.
Unless……Travis Kelce is a pinball guy!

Doubtful. He seems like a pachinko kinda guy.

#966 6 months ago

well since the CE’s are all allocated to distributors we can only see by how fast it sells out on JJPs site tomorrow to have an idea on the popularity.

The pinball community is much bigger than pinside, so we’ll have to see the market response.

#967 6 months ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

And a chance to edit in some canned applause on reveal.

I doubt pinball news has the time to edit the seminars they're recording to sweeten them as just getting them recorded and uploaded is a pretty big job. But, there will be plenty of people in the room reporting and probably recording bits of it, too.

#968 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

... as just getting them recorded and uploaded is a pretty big job.

Not really.

#969 6 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I wonder if there’s a disconnect with JJP reading the room but probably but that time they were all in. Just hoping all those grannies that are itching to establish the long awaited game room come out of the closet. Any guesses on how many will actually be sold worldwide? Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

It might take a bit of creative marketing on JJP’s part to reach beyond the pinside haters but with a 60 year career, 300+million albums sold and a fan base throughout the world eating up every one of his tours year after year this pin won’t go unnoticed. Do some research and when you find another long term artist with the record sales alone that you’d like to see a pin made of, your list is going to be really, really short.

#970 6 months ago

Elton John? Really?

What’s next? Micheal Bolton? I can’t wait to play that,”Time, Move, and Tenderness” multiball.

I don’t even dislike EJ… I don’t turn off Rocketman when it comes across the radio… but as a theme… wow.

#971 6 months ago
Quoted from Chris25810:

It might take a bit of creative marketing on JJP’s part to reach beyond the pinside haters but with a 60 year career, 300+million albums sold and a fan base throughout the world eating up every one of his tours year after year this pin won’t go unnoticed. Do some research and when you find another long term artist with the record sales alone that you’d like to see a pin made of, your list is going to be really, really short.

It’s all about the Venn diagram. You can have two very large circles…. But if they don’t intersect… you have a problem.

#972 6 months ago
Quoted from Faust:

well since the CE’s are all allocated to distributors we can only see by how fast it sells out on JJPs site tomorrow to have an idea on the popularity.
The pinball community is much bigger than pinside, so we’ll have to see the market response.

You’re understating the pinside community. 474 Godzilla LEs are registered on pinside…and that’s just the people who took the time to register. Sure, it’s not everyone who plays pinball, but it’s very representative of the community that actually buys machines. The poll showing virtually zero interest in EJ is not insignificant to this games chances. I think some themes will draw a different demo of buyer because of the popularity of the IP, I seriously doubt this will be the one to do that. From what we have seen so far, you have to be really in to Elton John’s image to buy on theme alone.

#973 6 months ago

so did Steve know it would be Elton John before or after he agreed to leave Stern?

#974 6 months ago

Ah, right. Thankless, too. Forgot that one.

#975 6 months ago

I hope they go bankrupt honestly… greedy how they jacked the prices, got rid of the basemodels and not to mention 3 bad themes in a row

#976 6 months ago

I'd have thought in ye Olden Days of Jersey Jack, that someone like Billy Joel would suit their style in so many ways, more so than Elton John.

I'm always excited to see a new game, and especially a new JJP, but Micro, 12K base, and Elton John do not entice me.

Also, why go from a music game two games ago, skip, and now another...???

Quoted from iceman44:

How about Taylor Swift?
The Swifties would eat it up!
Currently, the most popular “musician” in the world.
Pin nerds don’t understand that mass appeal. I don’t either but hey, it’s a huge market of folks with $$$
I’ll say one thing, JJP certainly doesn’t care about catering to Pinside

Swifties won't be spending 12K on a machine. At least the young one's. At least, I hope so, anyway....

#977 6 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Someone at JJP is so out of touch. Year started so strong like a blaring trumpet with FF, and then the rest of the year is like wet diarrhea...

LOL.

ACDC is moved by all?
And Iron Maiden is loved by all?
Kiss is loved by all?
Led Zeppelin is loved by all?
Rush is loved by all?
Venom is loved by all? (just tossed that one in for a non music theme)

I'm not saying anything pro/con for Elton John. Just pointing out that -- just because you dislike it doesn't mean everyone does.

#978 6 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

You’re understating the pinside community. 474 Godzilla LEs are registered on pinside…and that’s just the people who took the time to register. Sure, it’s not everyone who plays pinball, but it’s very representative of the community that actually buys machines. I think some themes will draw a different demo of buyer because of the popularity of the IP, I seriously doubt this will be the one to do that. From what we have seen so far, you have to be really in to Elton John’s image to buy on theme alone.

Well this is just 1 example. I have another one: The Dutch pinball Club has 1400 members. I don’t see 1400 Dutchies here, just a few.

Then there are Ze Germans, a handful are active here.
For Europe: maybe a few percent is active on Pinside I’d say.
For the US market it may be different.

Then for this pin it may work that it attracts a lot of buyers that are Elton John fans, not necessarily pinball enthousiasts as well.

#979 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It may look awesome when fully revealed, but what we can see of it looks kind of garish. The "SUPERSTAR" on the topper seems like a really amateurish design element.
Also, is the shooter a STAR? Or is that just a background on the shooter plate? Because if it's a star you pull on to launch the ball, that looks painful. Lockdown bar button should have had the star button.
[quoted image]

I would be more upset if a JJP/Elton John item WASN'T garish tbh

#980 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This theme isn't 1/1000th as bad as WOZ; the single most attacked theme of all time on Pinside.
Of course it sold just shit tons of machines and so many people here love it. Csnt predict the future.

I heard no, but recorded uploaded after.

Was thinking the same thing.

#981 6 months ago

An Elton John pin will be about as cool as this gif

IMG_8840.gifIMG_8840.gif
#982 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I would be more upset if a JJP/Elton John item WASN'T garish tbh

They have apparently made your dream art package, then.

(But it's not JUST garish...that SUPERSTAR thing looks just amateurish and wrong up there)

#983 6 months ago

Ugh. Reading that summons a kick to the nuts AND a punch to the gut all at the same time! (Yet alone the ear trauma..!!). I don't even want to admit it might be true, when it most likely, might be true....

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no idea if JJP is in any position to secure a pinball license for the biggest superstar on the planet.

#984 6 months ago
Quoted from Faust:

Then for this pin it may work that it attracts a lot of buyers that are Elton John fans, not necessarily pinball enthousiasts as well.

The game looks to have Elton’s face plastered all over it….you’d have to be really really into him to buy on theme alone. I just cannot imagine that many hard core Elton fans who aren’t into pinball buying a pin because they love Elton.

#985 6 months ago
Quoted from Faust:

I don't know. This theory has been tested numerous times, and it has yet to actually happen.

#986 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They have apparently made your dream art package, then.

Lol its not my dream by any means. I'm just saying, its what I would have expected! JJP and Elton both known for over their over the top ostentatious presentations. It would be weird if this was even slightly subdued. I can't even say that this is a good thing or a bad thing, just...the only thing that makes sense really

#987 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m more concerned that The King is morphing into Bud Melman!
[quoted image]

You mean...appreciate...that he's turning into Larry Bud Melman, right???

#988 6 months ago

I agree, I think you must play pinball first and appreciating that attracks you to the hobby.

#989 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't know. This theory has been tested numerous times, and it has yet to actually happen.

Bond 60th? Genuine question, do we have any data/rumors that a lot of Bond fans (I'd think there is a similar hardcore fan group as to EJ) may have bought the pin without being pinball enthusiasts?

#990 6 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is not true!The tech help is outstanding!

Tech help ≠ quality. But I agree they are helpful. Just not the comments blaming owners for defective playfields.

#991 6 months ago

Surprise - there are also Elton John slot machines, for a likely preview of the aesthetic

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#992 6 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Surprise - there are also Elton John slot machines, for a likely preview of the aesthetic[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah so the music is easily available, fantastic.

#993 6 months ago

I'm kind of indifferent to the theme. I like Elton a lot, I like his music and everything. I understand that not every theme or pin is for me the same for pins I like. I just dropped cash on a Labyrinth for instance. Not everyone is going to want that. I think Elton will sell or do well on rotation in the field but personally I do agree its a strange theme for pinball specifically.

I know JJP and Steve will do a good job and JJP needs a winner. Not an interest to me, but my pin dollars are used for now anyways. Best of luck to JJP and future owners.

#994 6 months ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Not sure on US prices but in UK WOZ was half GnR/Wonka pricing, now at JJP current prices it needs to be slam dunk themes to get us to open our wallets, especially now JJP aren't the only alternative to Stern. Elton is a market, slam dunk, probably not, but enough to keep JJP in business, I certainly hope so... but remember, if the pf has pooling it's your fault...

No pooling anymore the last two machines have been perfect.

#995 6 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Surprise - there are also Elton John slot machines, for a likely preview of the aesthetic[quoted image][quoted image]

You're not joking! His image on the upper left looks like the bottom left of the front of the game.

Also, I'd love a Big Star game. Market of 2 for sure!

Edit: Not really, but kind of a mashup of that and him at a piano.

I definitely agree with the idea this could be a blueprint, given the gold stars everywhere too.

#996 6 months ago

... enhance...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#997 6 months ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

I hope they go bankrupt honestly… greedy how they jacked the prices, got rid of the basemodels and not to mention 3 bad themes in a row

Pay attention Levi .At least he didn’t say good luck with sales.Haha

#998 6 months ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Bond 60th? Genuine question, do we have any data/rumors that a lot of Bond fans (I'd think there is a similar hardcore fan group as to EJ) may have bought the pin without being pinball enthusiasts?

Bond 60th is still available from some distros from what I understand. Lots for sale on the secondary market. I don't think many Bond fans were ready to shell out 20k for a game besides Neil. Most of the ones just got bought by regular pinball people. Same with the "special edition" Kiss available from the kiss website, and numerous other examples. The fact is, most non pinheads aren't going to shell out these big bucks for a giant pinball machine to add to their collection. The only game I can think of that maybe pulled it off decently well was Supreme.

#999 6 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

And sound package!

#1000 6 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm fine not recognizing this gal. Though EJ at his grand old age might look a bit off himself!

That's Ice Spice, she was the guest on Saturday Night Live this week, introduced by Taylor Swift. I believe she is considered the fastest rising pop-star in the world right now (as she was nobody a year ago). Check out this funny dunkin donuts ad she did with Ben Affleck...

also she's dating the black kid from stranger things...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Danville, IL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Elton John PE Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,602 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 93.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-hype-thread/page/20?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.