Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by beeker3000
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Speaking of System 11 and WPC machines, what would you guys consider to be easy and difficult machines to play? In other words, what titles would a skilled player deem "too easy"? What titles would frustrate a low-skill player?

#2 5 years ago

TOM easy... Drac Level 1000 Hard

#3 5 years ago

Mine:
    Easy - MM,TOM,Congo
    Hard - BSD,TWD,TNA
    Middle- DI,POTC,MET,NGG

#4 5 years ago

difficult BSD
    challenging FT

#5 5 years ago

Not sure if you are referring to Sys11 or WPC specifically. . . in terms of Classic Ballys/Sterns:

I am by no means a skilled player, but I've been able to roll the score over on a Stern Meteor a number of times (six digit display ) so I guess that one is an "easy" for me.

Flash Gordon was more challenging when I had one. . . trying to convince my brother to trade his for one of my other games so I can practice more.

#6 5 years ago

Easy: Scared Stiff, Party Zone, Cyclone, Bad Cats

#7 5 years ago

First thing to consider is that any game can play hard or easy because whoever owns it, can set it up hard or easy.

Having said that, very generally speaking, the newer the game (EM-70s-newer-->.), then the easier the game was set up from the factory.

Other things like tilt sensitivity can really change a game too.

Scared Stiff is a very easy game to complete. However, you can modify it to be a lot more difficult by changing rules, tightening the tilt, or adding lightning flippers on games like Spiderman.

No matter how easy you try to make some games, they always seem to drain quickly. BSD and Paragon are popular games known for this.

I really don't see how asking for specific titles or listing specific titles accomplishes anything here. All games can be changed to be more or less difficult, it's just harder to do with some titles than others.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

First thing to consider is that any game can play hard or easy because whoever owns it, can set it up hard or easy.
    Having said that, very generally speaking, the newer the game (EM-70s-newer-->, then the easier the game was set up from the factory.
    Other things like tilt sensitivity can really change a game too.
    Scared Stiff is a very easy game to complete. However, you can modify it to be a lot more difficult by changing rules and tightening the tilt.
    No matter how easy you try to make some games, they always seem to drain quickly. BSD and Paragon are popular games known for this.

Agree. MMR is hardly easy...

#9 5 years ago

Dredd and NGG were quite easy.

BSD, Next gen have been butt kickers.

I haven't played too much of Shadow or indy but I'd assume they are in between?

#10 5 years ago

Shadow and BSD kick my ass every time I play.

The mode start on shadow is not easy to make, and making consecutive loops to light the extra ball is super hard. Every missed shot sends the ball straight to the drain—especially airballs off the mongol targets. I’ve played multiple games where I’ve never even started a mode.

BSD’s Lightning flippers, and the standups being front and center make it a drain monster too. I feel lucky when I’m able to stack 2 mulitballs, let alone all 3, and that’s really the only way to score a decent amount of points on the game.

As for easy games, I find titles like Police Force, Hurricane, and both Elvira games a little on the easy side. On the former games, the ball spends a lot of time on the ramps, and making consecutive ramp shots is both lucrative and easily repeatable. Makes for long, boring games. On Elvira, I just find it easy to rack up extra balls. Same goes for Whirlwind, actually now that I think of it. Just make a ton of ramp shots, and you’ll eventually get it.

Scared Stiff is an absolutely brilliant game, and I love it to death (pun intended). However, I always find it way too easy to blast my way through the modes, and I wish a little more thought was put into completing them. On one hand, it’s nice to be able to frequently see everything the game has to offer, but on the other hand, it doesn’t leave much to be discovered for consecutive plays.

#11 5 years ago

I've played a lot of my Indy 500 last night and today. I find it hard, maybe played as many as 20 games, one great one , several decent ones, and many where I pretty much bombed out.

I seem to have more success on IM than Indy 500.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Scared Stiff is a very easy game to complete. However, you can modify it to be a lot more difficult by changing rules, tightening the tilt, or adding lightning flippers on games like Spiderman.

Yes and no on Scared Stiff. Getting to Monster Multiball isn't too difficult, while to complete the game you would have to start Spider Mania, and that is no small feat.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

I've played a lot of my Indy 500 last night and today. I find it hard, maybe played as many as 20 games, one great one , several decent ones, and many where I pretty much bombed out.
    I seem to have more success on IM than Indy 500.

I500 is the coolest, fastest, most difficult pin I’ve ever owned. It makes you a better player and makes you want to smash the glass too.

#14 5 years ago

I have a Scared Stiff, early production. It is easy and that's why I like it. I know about Easy and Hard settings, I'm looking for a machine that would compare to a SS when both are at default setting.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Agree. MMR is hardly easy...

yeah, I think a lot of people confuse a long playing game, with easy.
    I've played MM a lot and only made it to battle for the kingdom once, didn't finish
    Guess it depends on your goals.
    Obviously depends on set-up as well.

I call long playing games just that,... a long player.

#16 5 years ago

In the system 11 category, I'll throw Taxi out there. It can be easy for a skilled player to collect all 5 passengers and hit the jackpot shot. But visistors struggle a bit with that game. It resets everything after each ball, unless you clip the "carry passenger" target when lit. And its hidden pretty well.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I have a Scared Stiff, early production. It is easy and that's why I like it. I know about Easy and Hard settings, I'm looking for a machine that would compare to a SS when both are at default setting.

You busy this weekend? I don't have anything going on Fri or Sat night. You are welcome to swing over and play.

#18 5 years ago

Glen, I'm going car shopping tonight, have a funeral and bull roast tomorrow, and I'm going to watch my wife, daughter and granddaughter compete at a horse show Sunday.

Still looking for that "easy" machine between now and Allentown.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Glen, I'm going car shopping tonight, have a funeral and bull roast tomorrow, and I'm going to watch my wife, daughter and granddaughter compete at a horse show Sunday.
    Still looking for that "easy" machine between now and Allentown.

Would the horse show happen to be at Molly Hill?

#20 5 years ago

Yes, well, it was. Postponed until April 7th, muddy parking.

#21 5 years ago

World Cup Soccer is fun, but easy.

Game Of Thrones is fun, but brutal.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easy-and-difficult-games?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.