Photo_Feb_25,_8_58_13_PM.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_(3).jpeg
image_(1).jpeg
image.jpeg
Photo_Jan_27,_2_18_41_AM.jpg
Photo_Jan_27,_2_12_54_AM.jpg
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

Saw this in the corner of a picture in a rollergames FS thread and immediately thought, "WTF is THAT!?" Quick search brought me here. TOTALLY cool. Amazing that there are people out there doing stuff like this.

I agree that the pin2k concept if a very cool one. If implemented properly I think something like this really could introduce young people to pinball in a way that they would understand and appreciate. Really a bummer that it didn't go further than it did.

#102 10 years ago

Very Nice, I can't believe how polished it looks...if pin2k was this machine it might have saved pinball from disappearing all those years. What are the chances for a kit? I just hope all of this hard work can be actualized in more than one machine.

#103 10 years ago

Wow. Nice work! Very impressive! Keep it up.

#104 10 years ago

Compy - What are your plans for this if others would like to convert their DM? Are you making the code available open source via the P-ROC sites? Are you going to try and sell kits? Personally, I would love to be able to convert mine (when time permits).

Jaz

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

...if pin2k was this machine it might have saved pinball from disappearing all those years. .

Unfortunately not.

#106 10 years ago

Thank you guys for the kudos! It really helps drive the development of these things. There are a few things to implement. The game has several modes in it (as you've seen), but there's more work to be done. For example, I have to finish the 3 remaining multiball modes. There are always tweaks that can be performed.

The code is open source at http://www.github.com/Compy/DM2000

Due to some copyright restrictions (from Warner Brothers, not even PPS/WMS), I can't just throw the assets around such as sound and video. However I will help anyone who wants to convert their machine and then you could fill in the assets provided you own the DVD or something.

1 week later
#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

The code is open source at

Oh BOY! I can't WAIT for Andre to start bolting ridiculous crap onto it!

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh BOY! I can't WAIT for Andre to start bolting ridiculous crap onto it!

If he could find a way to "freeze" a pinball, I'd be willing to talk! Otherwise, I think the code is a bit hard for any highly trained team of "modders" to wade through.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Compy - What are your plans for this if others would like to convert their DM? Are you making the code available open source via the P-ROC sites? Are you going to try and sell kits? Personally, I would love to be able to convert mine (when time permits).
Jaz

This is a way-cool project, but if it were me, I wouldn't sell kits. Why? US Patent 6,036,188 and maybe US Patent 6,36,189 for starters...

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

This is a way-cool project, but if it were me, I wouldn't sell kits. Why? US Patent 6,036,188 and maybe US Patent 6,36,189 for starters...

Oh, right! I completely forgot about those!

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Oh, right! I completely forgot about those!

Not me. Part of my job. Literally.

#112 10 years ago

So which parties do you represent?

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Well, I didn't say anything about ignoring rights holders. PP has a history of working with people so I'm sure that part is manageable. Biggest problem is not the patent holders but the licences title rights holders...

Jaz

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So which parties do you represent?

None of them. Purely defensive duties.

#115 10 years ago

I can only say from having a few rounds with this machine (and can't wait to get more) that it kicks major ass in the awesome category. While I was unimpressed with my first foray on RFM, this machine immediately grabbed me. Not to mention that the super mega ramp/wireform layout of this game is actually pretty cool, Demo Man is a great vehicle for this - the sound, added features like a Spinner that isn't there, but IS because of the programming. Compy is one accomplished guy. Why it can't be sold as a kit should be obvious but if I had a Demo Man I wouldn't hesitate for a second to do this to it. In fact, when, not if, I get one, this will be the first mod!

#116 10 years ago

I'm enjoying this more as a framework than as an individual game. This is going to open doors to a lot of software professionals (such as myself).

2 years later
#117 8 years ago

Any updates to this little project?

#118 8 years ago

Yeah!!! Updates?!?!? We need more pin2k stuff

2 years later
#119 6 years ago

Necro bumping as maybe dm has grown a bigger following the last few years with pinball heating up again.

Anyone have some game play vid of this machine? Where is it living now?

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Necro bumping as maybe dm has grown a bigger following the last few years with pinball heating up again.
Anyone have some game play vid of this machine? Where is it living now?

Hey hey! I was really surprised to see this in the thread list after all these years!

I've been busy with a lot of other projects in the industry recently. I still own the game, however. I moved to Austin about a year and a half ago, so the game is at a friend's in storage until my house gets built here. After that, I plan on firing it back up and getting some good quality gameplay videos of it. The camera I had several years ago was just crap compared to what we have today.

If there's anything you'd like to know about it, I'm happy to answer!

-- Jimmy

#121 6 years ago

I'm happy to hear its still around! More than ever, there are people new to pinball and never heard or seen a pin2k nevermind a custom pin2k build. It looks like thousands of hours of work but it looks really polished from the few videos I found.

I really like the light effect pan you did for the car crash with the scroll going from bottom to top... the dots on the pf make for a great transition.

Never know with these projects.. they could very well be sold off, living at a bar or on a future episode of storage wars... would love to see this machine get the coverage it deserves!!

#122 6 years ago

The simon says minigame is friggin awesome! This is pure genius.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

The simon says minigame is friggin awesome! This is pure genius.

Yah I wish it was executed on the dmd as well as it was here.

#124 6 years ago

Just happened across this . Can't wait to see the final product. I noticed alot of the videos wete taken down. Was youtube being overenforcing ?

3 years later
#125 3 years ago

Googling compy results in interesting things.

#126 3 years ago

Between this and wizard blocks, I'm gonna have to pay compy a visit one day to see them. Maybe one day.

#127 3 years ago

Hahah, well I have to do something to cure the boredom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 81.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 72.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-p2k-concept/page/3?hl=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.