Photo_Feb_25,_8_58_13_PM.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_(3).jpeg
image_(1).jpeg
image.jpeg
Photo_Jan_27,_2_18_41_AM.jpg
Photo_Jan_27,_2_12_54_AM.jpg

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Yeah sorry for the delay, was not following the thread so didn't know there was a time constraint. Needless to say will be good to see the project complete and if it takes off, we'll at least those wanting to convert over can give me a shout for a good looking conversion. Putting a Webstore together at the moment so will be offering it there and more than happy to offer any products you release out of this project. Would love to see something for my real dr who or robocop.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from mameman:

Yeah sorry for the delay, was not following the thread so didn't know there was a time constraint. Needless to say will be good to see the project complete and if it takes off, we'll at least those wanting to convert over can give me a shout for a good looking conversion. Putting a Webstore together at the moment so will be offering it there and more than happy to offer any products you release out of this project. Would love to see something for my real dr who or robocop.

I think this is a great idea! Thanks very much for your continued support and even batting ideas back and forth during the developments! Let me know how the assembled version works out for you. Is all the support for the head on those back 2 bolts? Our design utilizes the side 2 bolt holes as well in order to offer some side support so the monitor doesn't twist the back board over time because of the "forward leaning" weight.

Major kudos, and the build looks great!

#53 11 years ago

The back bolts down using the backbox bolts, it also extends down behind the cab for support and locating. Plus there will be the pins at the front as we discussed before that sit on the side rails to remove any tension. Keeps the sides clear of bolts for nice artwork and keeps the head smaller. The profile is unaltered from the original p2k. Simply pop a cap into the hinge location to fill the hole.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from mameman:

The back bolts down using the backbox bolts, it also extends down behind the cab for support and locating. Plus there will be the pins at the front as we discussed before that sit on the side rails to remove any tension. Keeps the sides clear of bolts for nice artwork and keeps the head smaller. The profile is unaltered from the original p2k. Simply pop a cap into the hinge location to fill the hole.

Sweet! Sounds like you hit the mark! So really all you did was make it wider. This thing will look slick once we get the chrome T-molding on it on Monday!

Let me know when you get your eStore up!

#55 11 years ago

This is awesome!

#56 11 years ago

Very cool project. This has huge potential across the board IMHO.

Last one I saw that gave me wow factor like this was wide bodied TAF.

Beautiful work keep us posted with progress.

#57 11 years ago

So DM got some more love this evening. First, my friend Matt came over and we put the T-molding on... I must say, the chrome t-molding on the head looks great! It really pops with the coldness of the rest of the wireforms and handles on the game.

Next, he knew of someone who had a high quality print shop, so we shrank the translite artwork down (first, a photo was taken of the existing translite that was backlit to get a really good picture as no real high-res pictures were readily available on the Internet).

So far so good!

Photo_Feb_25,_8_58_13_PM.jpgPhoto_Feb_25,_8_58_13_PM.jpg

Next is the board mounting situation. Originally they were mounted back to the back of the cabinet and upside down. We found space at the most odd place in the unit! However, we'll have to extend a few connectors on the wiring harness to reach up to our new boardset location.

Half silver tint film on the way! More to come!

Photo_Feb_25,_9_04_39_PM.jpgPhoto_Feb_25,_9_04_39_PM.jpg

#58 11 years ago

This thread is epic.

Great work!

Chris

#59 11 years ago

Awesome build. I loved the idea of the P2K concept, but never cared for the pins much because I didn't like the actual pinball layouts all that much. This project seems to combine the best of both worlds. Nice job.

Love that you picked Demo-man for this as well - the technology advancement works well with the "futuristic" theme of Demo-man. I could see a version of this for T2 be really sweet as well, with the images flashing on the playfield glass similar to the scanning the T-800 does...

2 weeks later
#60 11 years ago

Update on Demo Man

Just finished the ACMAG, Computer Award, Car Crash, Arrows (Laser Millions) and match modes.

Here's a play-test:

Those of you in Atlanta/surrounding areas, feel free to come by the Atlanta PinSwap on April 27th to see and play the game.

More updates to come! On to the other modes now!

-- Jimmy

#61 11 years ago

Compy is that you in the article about p3 on pinball news?I know it is.Congratulations!

#62 11 years ago

Indeed it is, sir. I guess I can't hide now

#63 11 years ago

Looks fantastic! Congrats on a great project. Seems to be really well done!

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Indeed it is, sir. I guess I can't hide now

No need to hide,Glad you are one of us!

#65 11 years ago

New video looks awesome sir!

#66 11 years ago

This is a great idea. I am so impressed what you have accomplished. Well done! Looking forward to more updates.

#67 11 years ago

Looks F-en fantastic.

#68 11 years ago

Thanks guys!

The collectibles in ACMAG mode are as follows:
1. Power ups (useful if your power/flippers were damaged in a previous shootout mode such as the museum shootout mode)
2. Call for Backup (useful if you're draining in an outlane, tap the launch button to launch another ball into play, or in switch race modes such as ACMAG, tap the launch button to launch another ball into play)
3. Freeze (bad. This freezes the flippers into whatever state they're in on whatever side the shot was made for up to 3 seconds)
4. +1X bonus multiplier... we know what this does.

This is all while you're bashing away at Verbal Morality Statute machines and bad guys.

The next mode is "Welcome to San Angeles"
1. Inverted flippers (release to flip)
2. Armour Hotdogs
3. Rat Burgers
4. Taco Bell
5. Exploding cars
6. Simon Phoenix

More to come! Maybe even an "Undress Lt. Huxley" mode? hmmmm

#69 11 years ago

Start of the "Welcome to San Angeles" mode

Tip of the day... inverted flippers where you release to flip are hard as crap to get down when you're playing.

Verbal Morality Scanners = 100,000 pts
Sea Shells = 200,000 pts
Rat Burgers = 300,000 pts

Needs more Leary...
Mode starts at 0:40

#70 11 years ago

Too cool!

#72 11 years ago

Car Chase Mode

Car chase mode is a combo loop mode. It is activated by hitting the left side cars into one another. From there, the global timer is reset to 30 seconds (all modes are on the same timer, so if any other mode is active, its time is extended for 30 seconds and the two modes are then stacked).

Once the mode is active, you must complete left ramp/right ramp/left ramp/right ramp combos in order to finish and win the chase.

This is a fun mode but that left ramp is very unforgiving if you can't make the shot.

More to come
-- Jimmy

#73 11 years ago

Absolutely amazing! Very impressive and very well done!

#74 11 years ago

I hope they let you do some of that with P3!

1 month later
#75 10 years ago

Many thanks to those who came out to Atlanta Pin Swap. I would really like to thank Matt (mkgort), Mike, Eve and Alana for helping pull this off. I know that getting the machine loaded and put back together twice was a pretty "involved" process, and many thanks for staying the whole day.

Thank you Tim (host of Atlanta Pin Swap) for letting me bring the machine!

After the game was booted up, it had constant play all day and didn't crash once, so I was a bit surprised. I also got loads of good feedback and constructive criticism about what needs to be put into the game, so I'll get churning away at those ideas before long! (The credits screen will get much much larger).

You guys rocked yesterday, and the show was awesome. Thanks for coming out to play my bizarre Rube Goldberg machine pin.

-- Jimmy

#76 10 years ago

Amazing, great job!

#77 10 years ago

Love seeing this project progress.

#78 10 years ago

Absolutely breath taking. Great work!

#79 10 years ago

If you bring this to Allentown I will custom shake you an extra large martini and buy you dinner. This is the coolest thing to come down the road in a LONG time.

#80 10 years ago

Agreed! Now all I need is the time to build one with his code...
Oh, and a DM pin!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#81 10 years ago

I'm digging the virtual spinners, and the movie clip pause is nice. Is this project considered done, or you plan on continuing to add features?

#82 10 years ago

Nah, I just got the code to a demo-able (pun?) state for the show. We logged 408 plays without a single crash or game reset, so I'm happy with that!

More modes and such to come. There's still at least 3 multiballs to go, and then I have to figure out how you can stack them

One thing I learned is that the game is very difficult, and needs more visual cues as to what is going on, so I'm going to see what I can put together for the various modes and such.

But yeah, if you've got ideas, I can see what I can do to replicate them (giving anyone credit, of course)

You guys are awesome.

Jimmy

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm digging the virtual spinners, and the movie clip pause is nice. Is this project considered done, or you plan on continuing to add features?

Also, thanks for the kudos. I like the virtual spinner myself I want to do more virtual representations of physical elements, but a spinner just kinda "works" and works well. I can also do rollover buttons fairly easily. Things that have very low force feedback on the ball are always good.

-- Jimmy

#84 10 years ago

Extremely Impressive!

Between this and "The Matrix" conversion you guys are making our "regular" pins look a little less exciting.

#85 10 years ago

I hope you incorporate a three seashell multiball. Maybe make it print out a swear ticket at the end of your game with your score on it. That would be awesome!!

Fantastic work. Pin2000 was the way of the future and a perfect fit for Demo Man.

#86 10 years ago

How did I miss this in the past! This is a fantastic job! Virtual spinner is dope! I'm amazed. Kudos!

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I would really like to thank Matt (mkgort), Mike, Eve and Alana for helping pull this off

Ow! My Back!

We have some good pics we will be posting soon. And I know there was a lot of video being shot. I hope whomever has it will make it available.

Except for those for 30 minutes where we though the board was fried, it was a great time.

#88 10 years ago

that machine is epic. congrats on owning the baddest DM on the planet!

#89 10 years ago

Wow, just wow! I own a DM and I've always thought it seemed like it had more potential. Clearly, you've tapped that potential and then some.

Is this something you plan to offer down the road as a kit?

#90 10 years ago

This is simply amazing!! Who said the P2K concept is dead?!? Nice job so far, I'm looking forward to your progress. Another great contribution to pinball!!

1 month later
#91 10 years ago

Just came across this after game junkies talked about it, all I can say is wow. I'm pretty new to pinball and recently had my first experience of Pin2k with RFM but immediately thought I couldn't believe no one else has picked the concept up and run with it. Amazing work.

#92 10 years ago

I've got a Demolition Man I might be selling in the Michigan area if anyone's interested.. Some LEDs in GI. $2,500. New head decals too.. PM me if interested..

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Car Chase Mode

Awesome job! Can't wait to see more updates!

#94 10 years ago

wow!

2 weeks later
#95 10 years ago

So yeah, Sundays are for pinball (and Bowling, according to ESPN), so time for an update!

First off, thanks for the support so far guys!

The newest mode is Simon Says. This mode is awarded randomly by the Computer award sequence or on the claw. The goal is the score starts at 15M, the countdown begins and you have 15 seconds to shoot the first shot that Simon tells you to shoot. Then 15M is added to whatever was left, and you have 1 second per million to complete the next shot. This continues for a set number of shots until you advance to the next round which consists of following the on-screen shots with combinations of handle/flipper button presses (just like the old Simon game).

More to come!

-- Jimmy

#96 10 years ago

Father day reward!! Great job that rocks

#98 10 years ago

Compy, You are a super Genius!!!!!! Just an amazing job and it keeps getting better. I did want to get your thoughts on the thread regarding hacking the Stern code and changing songs and images. It would be cool if someone created software that allows us to update old BW games. So many of those games were great, but lacked either the correct theme or music/sounds to make them A-Listers

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Compy, You are a super Genius!!!!!! Just an amazing job and it keeps getting better. I did want to get your thoughts on the thread regarding hacking the Stern code and changing songs and images. It would be cool if someone created software that allows us to update old BW games. So many of those games were great, but lacked either the correct theme or music/sounds to make them A-Listers

That'd be really cool. There are a few things to consider about that. Stern programs their stuff in C mostly for their games, whereas WMS/BLY were using 6809 assembly. Reading Stern's rom files (mostly just ELF32 file structure) is a pretty widely documented thing to accomplish, and can be done with minimal headache in modern programming languages. Reading a WMS/BLY ROM is completely possible using things like PinMAME as a guide (from source code). It'd be cool, but it'd be finicky as you've got completely separate ROMS for DCS sound and dots where your media are located... I suppose we could wire up an interface to those rom sockets that pulls sound calls off of a USB storage medium or something that'd be easier to program and modify... or you'd just have to burn new roms.

Either way, very cool idea!

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I suppose we could wire up an interface to those rom sockets that pulls sound calls off of a USB storage medium or something that'd be easier to program and modify... or you'd just have to burn new roms.

Either way, very cool idea!

How much money do we need to raise to get you started? I bet there are a number of people that would support this. Pinside Kick Starters.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-p2k-concept/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.