(Topic ID: 122994)

Demo Man Reset Issue

By paulywalnuts23

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulywalnuts23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Ok so I have a Demo Man and it has a power issue that is causing it to reset.. When game was purchased it worked fine but as it was play the first couple of weeks it would reset every now and then. Now it resets as soon as you use the left side flippers, there are two, once the game has started. You can get it to reset using the right flipper but you have to go crazy with that flipper flipping continuously..

Here are the things that have been done to the machine thus far to try and fix the issue.

Power board rebuild
Diodes replaced all all flippers.

Any help here would be appreciated..

Thanks

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Sounds like you need new bridge rectifiers on the Power Board. Was this done in the rebuild? Also, it is a known fix to add extra wires between one of the Bridge Rectifiers and the Capacitor on the Power Driver board. Also, the capacitor(s) could be replaced.
There is a device sold on pinside that bypasses the normal 5 volt path, to fix this issue for $25 or so. You should get one and see if the problem goes away. Then you know the issue, and can fix it and remove the device (or just keep using the device).

Do you know where this device is, here on pinside so I can buy it?

Thanks

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I searched and found the web site in another post: http://www.kahr.us

Bought the Pro model so I could get some feedback on what was happening it order to fix the actual issue..

Thanks for info..

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Something something Pinwiki: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets
I'm no expert but I've fixed resets with repinning connectors and replacing old headers, replacing caps/BRs, cracked solder, bad ground... No one thing has always been the issue for me.

I have that website bookmarked I will be going though all those trouble shooting steps in order to fix this. However I am getting the Pro Daughter board so I can work though those steps and see when I have fixed the issue.

#12 9 years ago

Yeah the board has been rebuilt, although I think they might have only done the BR2, C4 fix. I will look at the thermoresistor when I go though the trouble shooting list off of the site listed above.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 81.95
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulywalnuts23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-reset-issue?tu=paulywalnuts23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.