(Topic ID: 40245)

Dear Lord ... Anyone else think that $7500 for a Pin is a little outta control?

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GaryMartin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

takenadvantage.gif
nielsen.jpg
Capture.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skristof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 11 years ago

Okay, when I look at it I see it entirely different. We have to remember that although there is a big home market, and all of us would LOVE to have every new pin in our basement for $3k you have to look at the market these are being sold in. These are Amusement Machines, intended for bars - arcades - etc. I operate both. And when I compare a pin to the cost of most other arcade machines I tend to ask myself how they can sell them so cheap, or rather how I am being F*cked by all the other companies.

Take a look at the cost on other arcade machines.
Fruit Ninja, a big TV screen with a single board computer inside. $9000
Monster Drop, if you only get the side by side little ones. IT drops a bouncy ball into a hole $10k
Big Bass Wheel, A big Price is Right wheel and a 20" TV. $11k
Side by Side Basket ball games, a hoop, a board, and a ball. $10k easy
New shooting games by NAMCO, $20-40k
A Pinball machine, tons of tiny intricate parts, extensive artwork, sound and programming. The nature of the game is a steel ball bouncing around a wood & plastic playfield. And has to be built to at least last somewhat. etc,etc,etc. $7.5k for the TOP OF THE LINE. With TV's. Magnets, multiple playfields, and more. $5k for the more "affordable ones"

Then I sit back and say hey, pin's are pretty affordable. But I put one on location, and that big stupid wheel that costs 2x as much and has 1/2 the craftsmanship inside of it, and a game lasts 10 seconds, with not skill, no real fun, no rules, no opportunity for free games or a high score. I push a lever and I get some tickets. And it will out perform that pinball machine 5x week to week.
Why? Because I can get a kid to put 4 tokens in, spin the wheel and they understand it. The Pin needs learning, thought, skill, etc. etc.

These games aren't priced based on what goes into them, they are based on how much money can be put into them. That wheel may not be as cool, fun, or intricate. But it makes a ton of $. Same as that Pin thats amazing but only makes what it can.

These companies recognize that. And price them accordingly. Truth is: It is a tough market. And all things considered. The Pinball companies are the MOST AFFORDABLE when it comes to what I am getting. Especially when a coin roller that does nothing but have a spinning wheel, costs $4k.

Just trying to put it in perspective. You have to remember the nature of the machine you are buying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skristof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dear-lord-anyone-else-think-that-7500-for-a-pin-is-a-little-outta-control?tu=skristof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.