Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floyd1977.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 1 year ago

You say you agreed on price and a location for in-person exchange. My guess is someone offered him the amount he was looking for AND offered to come pick up the game rather than him having to meet somewhere.

I don't know the details and timing of your PMs, but as someone who just sold a game, I know that a seller often gets multiple offers of differing amounts, people wanting to meet halfway, have the game delivered/shipped, etc. Also, buyers can be vague (e.g. "I'm interested") or want you to hold the game. At the end of the day, the seller is going to go with the deal that is some combination of the best cash offer and fastest/smoothest transaction.

In your case the seller backed out, but the reality is a lot of buyers back out, so sometimes the seller will go with the quick sale rather than some scheduled meet-up.

#19 1 year ago

Better communication could definitely help a lot of these situations.

I just want to clarify. There's a difference between a seller selling out from under you while you're en route and a seller not willing to hold a game for a buyer when other buyers are lined up. That doesn't sound like what's being described here though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floyd1977.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deal-etiquette-here-on-pinside?tu=floyd1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.