Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A wise man once said, "All I have in this world is my balls and my word...and I don't break 'em for nobody!"
    Wait, he wasn't wise, he was a sociopathic criminal movie character! But still the sentiment remains.

But imagine if he had to deal with these pinball “Chazzers and Mashugunas” haha

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from baltistyle:

As we know, a problem with this logic is that there are persons that always start with “I’ll take it” with every intention of being difficult upon the in person transaction and doing all the thing you think are bad for someone to do in the first conversation. (Just because I ask to use PayPal doesn’t mean I NEED to use PayPal and if the seller could communicate as a normal human, they would get past “I don’t accept PayPal” and likely have more satisfied customers) Those people that immediately “take it” are often the biggest time wasters and cause delay in sales. Honestly, how many people have bought anything without asking a question or seeing it in person? I suppose “this type” also has the item shipped and never lay eyes on it until it arrives, and never complains about deviations from sales descriptions. That’s abnormal operation and out of thousands of internet transactions I’ve communicated and tens of millions in business I’ve created in my real life, that IS NOT how most transactions work. I did this once with a person on pinside JCJP and that person ripped me off and the game arrived 1500 miles away and was not at all hou, blah blah blah. I absolutely warn anyone I see about to deal with them (JCJP), and I told them strait up I would make sure to do this so nobody else had to go down that road. JCJP scammed me and what was sold as hou and it was literally blown out, chunks of wood missing, inoperable, plastics broken, rusty and scribbled inside in Spanish with operating routing notes.
    Most normal NORMAL sellers are happy to go down the line that forms, answer questions, take deposits and wait for delivery details that both parties agree with. Sniping, underselling, canceling transactions means you don’t deserve the handshake, nor the business and in a forum situation, outed for educational purposes. This last part should not offend any outed sellers because they are ok with how they acted usually. Seriously, those that can’t make or take a handshake have really got some growing up to do. Unfortunately, I hear this in every “collector” forum. As mentioned, 99% are great!! Most of the great guys and gals you read about on here, really are great!

a lot of this can be filtered out by the seller with a good ad.

* lot's of pictures and a file of them to send if asked for, or insist they be seen.
    * asking price
    * proper condition(just because Twilight Zone is has been in your home for 10 years does not make it HUO)
    * known issues
    * know major repairs
    * your location
    * are you willing to ship?
    * are you willing to pack up for shipping?
    * pick up only?
    * are you willing to meet?
    * cash only?
    * was it pee'd on by a wild Moose while it stood in the carport at your vacation home in Wyoming?
    * have you fornicated on it?

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

* was it pee'd on by a wild Moose while is stood in the carport at your vacation home in Wyoming?

You had me until this. That disclosure is completely ridiculous. It wasn't a carport. It was a barn. In Montana.

#54 1 year ago

Looks like he didn't want to pay the Pinside sellers fee either:

Machine - For Sale
    As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Selling my Jurassic park Premium Has mirror blades, flipper bat art, ramp art, mirror blades, speaker LED kit, pin stadium lighting, stern amber shooter rod and stern topper. Has ...”
    2022-04-22
    El Paso, TX
    11,000 (Firm)
    Archived after: 19 days
    Viewed: 297 times

#55 1 year ago

I have purchased 2 games in the past 6 weeks (Wonka LE from Automated Services, LLC, and Munsters LE from Pinsider @gritty). These are the first 2 games that I have purchased in the last 6 years and both deals went perfectly without any problems as the sellers were very transparent and above board.

I paid for both machines using a wire transfer from my credit union to the seller's bank accounts and both sellers got their money the same day and I was able to conduct the transaction with a simple phone call to my credit union and then they sent me a secure link to enter in the required wire transfer information, followed up by a verification phone call from the credit union to me.

There is a $20 wire transfer fee at my credit union, but for transactions like this that are greater than $10,000 it is a small price to pay for the convenience and security on both the buyer's and seller's end. A lot of sellers want cash on the glass and in that case it pretty much rules out shipping the game.

Gord

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deal-etiquette-here-on-pinside/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.