IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #933 First pics Posted by NashtyFunk (3 months ago)

Post #6938 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Airball solution - good and best. Posted by PinMonk (76 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#417 4 months ago

For Sale on ebay

Screenshot_20231216_123926_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231216_123926_Facebook (resized).jpg
#437 4 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've made it a point to watch more "before my time" movies recently. Deliverance was also great.

I hope we never see a Deliverance pinball

#451 4 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Favorite movies:
!) JAWS- that's why I'm here! Lol
2) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
3) the Sting
So...let's get this JAWS pin made now that my favorite band RUSH was made.

We must be near the same age, those are top 5 movies for me as well.

#453 4 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

You have excellent taste Sir!! What are the other two? Mine are Bladerunner and Alien.

American graffiti and Tombstone. Can watch all 5 of these any time they are on.

#492 4 months ago

Sad that you all have given up on Welk

1 week later
#651 3 months ago

I'm in for an LE, on my approval after seeing the trailer. I have a great distributor who gives me a few days to decide. Great theme for me,but it will have to play GZ like before I drop 13k.

#786 3 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Time to get the unrealistic expectations going!
Actual water under the playfield with projection mapped 3-d shark projection animations!

Maybe drop targets that pop up randomly like barrels?

#794 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m guessing pop bumpers resemble barrels, sorta like potc or Hobbit or have barrel art. Just a guess.

I'm hoping more like cactus canyon, random across the field.

#801 3 months ago

Sinking ship like Stern potc might work too, but I'm betting it's an Elwin original mech on this game. Almost feel let down if it's not.

#897 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

that makes 3 accounted for (including me), 997 to go!

996 now

#957 3 months ago

Harpoon loaded and chum challenge on the inlanes? Modes like jets on GZ?

#970 3 months ago

I like the lack of rubber , similar to GZ. Good use of space.

#1076 3 months ago

#1159 3 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

This goes out to all the Jaws Le buyers with money down

Best of the night
And yes I'm happy with my purchase .

#1213 3 months ago

#1222 3 months ago
Quoted from Shivers:

as no one seems to be posting the video i will do it http://tinyurl.com/jaws2024

Damn you!

#1309 3 months ago

I'll be so glad when there's an owners thread, tired of the negatively already. LE ordered

#1314 3 months ago

I guessing shark comes up, hit him, retreats, then shoot while he's under to a subway. They never show a direct hit during this video. Of course, I'm hoping, not stating anything

#1405 3 months ago

I hope I'm right in thinking this video only shows a small portion of the game.

#1604 3 months ago
Quoted from Av8:

Who is the designer? Thats all I want to know.

Some new unheard of rookie.

#1633 3 months ago

Looks like the plunge is an across the middle shot, wondering if drop targets will be skill shots, what else is available?

#1782 3 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

at this point, I am basically just scrolling for CrazyLevi comments

Funny, I can't see them

#1797 3 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

your loss, he makes me literally LOL constantly

I find it annoying as hell.

#1852 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

$tern is probably gonna block me on youtube for calling them out but I spoke my honest opinion.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why do this?

#1894 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It’s kinda odd not seeing the sharks eyes at all on the toy. Y'know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes.

You're obviously not buying, why do you care?

#1994 3 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What are the figures hanging on your wall?

#2057 3 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I’ve said it before there is nothing in the front 2/3s of this game. It looks more like a multimorphic with the lack of stuff in the front 2/3s of the playfield. I have no idea how a price of $13k can be justified. I can only imagine how much more the pro will be stripped down. Remove the upper playfield and the chum line you have basically nothing but a boat and a couple of shots that return the ball. Stern looks like they are cutting corners making it cheaper to make so they can try to pump these out charging a crazy amount. Compare this to Godzilla which was packed with toys and other items in there. You get what here a bucket to smack, upper playfield, chum line with a moving target ( I can only imagine this thing breaking or bending) and a boat with a shark under it nothing else. I was excited for this even when I have money for a new pin this will be a pass

It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm still excited for this pin

#2217 3 months ago

#2223 3 months ago

Damn, was expecting more in the official release.

#2499 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just spoke to my distro that I have a Jaws LE with he is Sold Out of LE also

Same with mine.

#2882 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kind of is, since it’s fed by the wireform. But you can choose to lock or not. Going to need to practice your flipper skills.
Makes me think the upper pf flipper is controlled by the left button also.

Quoted from Skeets:

Regarding the upper playfield flipper on the premium, its basically all the way on the left side of the game (but shooting to the left) I was curious if that flipper was fired with the left or right flipper button.
Watching the video it looks like it is fired with the right flipper button, which would make sense with the flipper orientation.
So the right flipper button actually fires 3 flippers. Pretty cool.

Nope, I looked at vid also, and right button controls 3 flippers.

#3574 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Don't forget no free shipping on an LE, so it's really up to a $3900 difference between that and a Premium that can be found at $9500 with free shipping.

I've never paid shipping on any game,

#3681 3 months ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Will these be an issue? They seem a bit exposed?
Don't think I ever notice screws out in middle of a playfield before. I would imagine it would scuffs the ball a bit.
[quoted image]

Looks like they are all countersunk.

#3691 3 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Been gone a few days. Does the shark eat the ball?

No, but he loves penguins

#3807 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So what are your guys thoughts on Speaker Lights? Good or Bad?
A year or so ago I thought they were cool and different and added some pop to the backbox. Then I started to realize they are more of a distraction as they shine off the glass and not something I am interested in adding(less is more). I know people like bright lights like the annoying JJP upside down rainbow show shining directly in your face but when is enough enough? Bright shining lights shining in your face are not good for pinball and I can't fathom why people think this is a good thing? 2000-2020 was all about adding LED skittles and now 2020-beyond is about adding LED lipstick? I just don't get it?

I put speaker lights on every game I buy. Don't bother me in the slightest.

#3810 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yea lots of blowhards that like to show off-I assume you have all matching toppers as well?

What's that about? You asked I answered

#3870 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have an extra coin door that I am going to have powder coated as soon I I confirm the white and will swap it when the machine arrives.

I really like the inscribed solutions coin door magnet.

#3923 3 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Picture of 1 of several pin rooms in his house....
[quoted image]

Looks like a picture from Next Level Museum

#4230 3 months ago

What am I missing ? Love that block feature

#4955 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

This was a different stream by some distributer. I watched in real time as the guy playing got a phone call, muted the audio, and then killed the stream and deleted it. Guess they weren't supposed to show that much yet...

What did you see that warranted a takedown?

#5611 3 months ago

I can't hook to IC, weak poor dsl here. So I won't be able to collect teeth to play additional modes? Or will the game save internally? Lots of people still not hooked to IC will be left out if so.

#5616 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Look into Starlink.

I have, pretty $$ to start, and monthly fee has doubled since inception. May have to tho, we will never get better internet here.

#5620 3 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

If you can afford New pinball machines Starlink shouldn't really be an issue.

Bravo

#5833 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d say call a different distributor.
Man the hype has slowed down to a crawl. I guess the stream took it out of everybody.

Nope, I was on the fence, but confirmed my le today.

#5840 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thought you were already locked in? The stream solidified for you? Def did for me.
What changed? The layout stayed the same, it’s good enough.
The video assets/integration/code at .82 was impressive as expected. I kind of see why Stern took the 16 min initial stream down.

I was waffling, but watched about half the stream with headphones on, and it really sold me. Plus, hard to tell with the typical stern shitty lighting, but the effects will be great. Just lucky to have a distributor who gives me time to decide.

#5845 3 months ago

Glad you're happy with AC/DC, I do miss it. Jaws with pinwoofer will sound incredible, maybe better than ehoh does. If you don't have, you need it on elvira

#5855 3 months ago

Look how much better it looks in a darker environment.

Screenshot_20240116_192609_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240116_192609_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#5857 3 months ago

Stern really needs to step up their reveals. Blinding overhead lights are not a good idea.

#5858 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

That looks sick!

I took a screenshot from twitch stream. Gameplay looks great,

#5861 3 months ago

Couldn't catch it, but looks like chum bucket hits turns upper g.i. lights red. Lighting will be stellar in this game.

Screenshot_20240116_194000_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240116_194000_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#5867 3 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll bet the mood changes for each shark encounter. Would love to see a flasher on the fin at some point. Try to harpoon it through a strobe or something like that.

Looks like there's a strobe when you hit the reel.

#6162 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Some people prefer the speed of the pro, many times regardless of the actual pin.
A Prem on location is nice, but it wont significantly out earn a Pro. The Jetpack on the prem is cool , 2x, then its lame for instance. Depends on your situation.

I'll trade my met pro for your mop. Pro plays much faster.

3 weeks later
#7022 72 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Using a pinball to stop ball traps is fine, but I'd rather see the scuba tank, Ben Gardner's head or half eaten Quint in there.

Sounds like a good call out for mod makers. Ben's head would be the best!

1 week later
#7275 59 days ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I think it will be soonish which isn’t a big deal, but if it’s a couple months im going to try and cancel my order.

I pick mine up Thursday Jeff, cmon up and play, only 90 minutes away.

#7277 59 days ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Lol it’s funny Im not even that excited to play jaws

You will be.

1 week later
#7314 52 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not really it is only so tall and the speaker lights sit up high. I would just unplug them personally-function over fashion
I am pretty much sold on the premium/LE version but I am super curious on how the Pro will play with Shark eating mod with ramp diversion? Everyone saying the Pro has monster flow and I agree(I was sold on Pro before playing LE) but if the pop up post stall ball and disrupt the flow then does it matter? The thing I like about Premium/LE is the added upper shots and added hurry up pop up shark that helps portray the movie with hitting the shark quickly with a harpoon.

Lights on the le are not noticeable at all while playing, but fun to watch the interaction with game while someone else is playing.

#7329 48 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Happened to me twice on the first game I ever played. Thought I was gonna crack the glass with all the airballs. It was one of the early few on location so I thought they'd fix it by now. I just assumed all these owners are genuinely not experiencing it. But I supposed they could all be lying to themselves that the shiny new LE is without a few issues?
Someone make a poll for the owners

Not the case at all. Mine had no airballs to start, now with 100 or so plays, it's occasional. Ordered the rocket city fix. One of the prettier le games I've owned, definitely one of the smoothest shooters.

#7331 47 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Finally played the pro. It was ok, a few airballs off the targets but it shot pretty well. Some cool moments, but I really now want to play a premium. Fun game, but the pro is a missing too much for me.

Don't do it, you'll buy

#7335 47 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Good to hear man. Always tough discerning between people justifying their purchase and the haters.
Do you think the plastic wore in a bit after the 100 plays?

Not worn, just getting played a lot. It's definitely a miss by stern for not catching this. But the rocket city fix is cheap, invisible, and I like supporting some of our mod makers here. We put 1500 to 2000 plays on our le games, buy em to play, not sit there. ( Damn beautiful pin tho) , hard not to just wanna look at it

1 week later
#7350 38 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The upper PF adds a LOT, you have to play it more than 10 games to figure that out.
It will really open up strategy and possibilities with future code. A great implementation thus far of an upper PF.
Thus, i'd much prefer the prem/LE versus the pro.

That outer loop on the upper down to the 180 is so smooth. Funnest shot on game,, well backhanding the fin is cool too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 26.50
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread?tu=Hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.