feeling good.gif
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 148.
#3401 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

No shit? I'd have admired you more if you said you closed your head in a roll-up window though...!
Oh...damn, now I understand your prior comment. No, I meant I initially saw the outer loop AROUND where the fin track was, as an entire loop. Not that the fin could magically spin and rotate on one linear track.
As in like this! (Not that I'd have an idea of the engineering of this mech, but to see a fin loop in an oval, with blood in the water, would be fucking amazing!!!)
Obviously, on the corners of the loop, the mech would lower.
[quoted image]

Your outline of that area made me realize that it’s just a giant hot dog insert lamp with an integrated standup target. Now I’m trying to decide whether that means the whole idea is super basic or sheer brilliance.
All of those seams and crevices right there is a little concerning, in terms of how much hop the ball will have when it travels over that section. Definitely going to slow the ball down a bit, at the very least.

#3402 3 months ago

For perspective, for me the best layout ever is JP.

Short, medium and long shots, ramps, mechs and great software/video.

Elwin could have done a “shark cage” like the “raptor pen”.

Or the Shark gobbling up balls like the TRex.

Kind of did the spinning truck/fishing reel. It works

Hard to repeat some of the great ideas you have already done and not be criticized for it.

The FUN factor. The long term pin buyers, that’s all that matters when spending the $$$.

It’s refreshing to see the flipper money grab days over. Including the Distros creating false demand.

And of course people like the diaper dandy Koolruis not being able to F people over!

#3403 3 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I was frankly surprised by the practical, reasoned arguments the AI provided. And that it wouldn't be bullied into making the shark eat the ball (just like Stern).

I feel like one more insistence that the shark should eat the ball was gonna make it crack. But you gave up!!

#3404 3 months ago

Did I miss something, where's Chief Brody ?

#3405 3 months ago
Quoted from VandyOne:

The shark ate him.

#3406 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The shark ate him.

But shouldn't the shark eat the ball and not Chief Brody?

#3407 3 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Wording is important. Technically, Stern has never done LE reruns. In the case of JP it was a "30th anniversary" edition, not more "LEs". Same with Elvira. It was a 40th anniversary edition, and now the Blood red Kiss. It's all semantics, and I don't believe for one second that Stern won't release more special/anniversary/exclusive models of popular titles in the future.

You absolutely worked for the government (mil or civilian) in the past. I never thought like this until entering the service. In the government world, if you don't learn this quoted knowledge above, you'll be eaten alive.

#3408 3 months ago

Wording is important. Technically, Stern has never done LE reruns. In the case of JP it was a "30th anniversary" edition, not more "LEs". Same with Elvira. It was a 40th anniversary edition, and now the Blood red Kiss. It's all semantics, and I don't believe for one second that Stern won't release more special/anniversary/exclusive models of popular titles in the future.

I don't know. The wording on the release to distributors was "drive value." Stern has a problem on their hands with the extra releases of JP and EHOH. On the one hand they make a good amount of money with a fresh release that, when it boils down to it, doesn't cost them all that much to re-tool. On the other hand, they're now seeing it has a chilling effect on the market, particularly prospective LE buyers. And lets be honest, the LE's are where Stern makes by far it's largest margins. Very minimal differences between LE and Prem, exclusivity being the biggest draw, but a significant boost to the price. I don't believe they want to lose that market in the long run, even if the re-releases make for a quick boost to the bottom line.

#3409 3 months ago

After Jaws 2, Chief Brody was finished with Small Town politics and angry Sea Food. He divorced his wife, changed his name and moved to Los Angeles.
As an ex army Helicopter Pilot during the Vietnam war, he joined the LAPD and started flying again.
It's all connected. Here's the Saga of Roy's character.
1. The French Connection
2. The Seven Ups
3. Jaws
4. Jaws 2
5. Blue Thunder
All one epic story.

#3410 3 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

After Jaws 2, Chief Brody was finished with Small Town politics and angry Sea Food. He divorced his wife, changed his name and moved to Los Angeles.
As an ex army Helicopter Pilot during the Vietnam war, he joined the LAPD and started flying again.
It's all connected. Here's the Saga of Roy's character.
1. The French Connection
2. The Seven Ups
3. Jaws
4. Jaws 2
5. Blue Thunder
All one epic story.

ALL THAT JAZZ. …HELLO?!

#3411 3 months ago

Keep those LE buyers happy!
Sterns jedi word semantics remind me of Obi Wan:

DA365B83-A6D8-45F9-B0AC-541762516ACA (resized).jpegDA365B83-A6D8-45F9-B0AC-541762516ACA (resized).jpeg

#3412 3 months ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

ALL THAT JAZZ. …HELLO?!

A non Canon Fever dream.

#3413 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For perspective, for me the best layout ever is JP.
Short, medium and long shots, ramps, mechs and great software/video.
Elwin could have done a “shark cage” like the “raptor pen”.
Or the Shark gobbling up balls like the TRex.
Kind of did the spinning truck/fishing reel. It works
Hard to repeat some of the great ideas you have already done and not be criticized for it.
The FUN factor. The long term pin buyers, that’s all that matters when spending the $$$.
It’s refreshing to see the flipper money grab days over. Including the Distros creating false demand.
And of course people like the diaper dandy Koolruis not being able to F people over!

Doug, I'm taken aback by you being not entirely over the moon with this game. You're usually always sunshine and rainbows over new releases!!!

Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Your outline of that area made me realize that it’s just a giant hot dog insert lamp with an integrated standup target. Now I’m trying to decide whether that means the whole idea is super basic or sheer brilliance.
All of those seams and crevices right there is a little concerning, in terms of how much hop the ball will have when it travels over that section. Definitely going to slow the ball down a bit, at the very least.

Probably a little of both! I just wish there could have been more focus on this, and made it the WOW toy, given most of the first movie, Jaws is just a fin.

#3414 3 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Couldn't get the license for that.

#3415 3 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

A non Canon Fever dream.

IMG_2101 (resized).jpegIMG_2101 (resized).jpeg
#3416 3 months ago

The team missed a huge opportunity to change pinball forever by re shaping pinballs into the shape of scuba tanks. That moment is now gone forever.

#3417 3 months ago

Do any distributors still have LEs up for preorder?

#3418 3 months ago
Quoted from VandyOne:

He's probably eating balls while the shark isn't.

#3419 3 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

they said he's not on any of the art. don't know if he's in the movie clips or not but in the trailer video they said you can play as Quint, Hooper, Brody, or the Shark so he is part of the story line.

#3420 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

The shark needs to eat the ball.

Message from the shark he said you eat balls first!

#3421 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Message from the shark he said you eat balls first!

The proper name is Atlantic Ocean Oysters.

#3422 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

Here's the transcript from the Stern podcast about the making of Jaws:
https://stern-wagtail-1.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/View_Transcription_-_JAWS_Panel_Discussion.pdf
You might have to be logged in to your IC account to view it.

Many thanks for this - I could not access the podcast on my phone. Tried loads of times!

#3423 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The proper name is Atlantic Ocean Oysters.

There will be NO T-Bagging Sharks around here!

#3424 3 months ago

If you read the book, Brody’s wife wanted to eat Hoopers balls

#3425 3 months ago
Quoted from Mutt:

they said he's not on any of the art. don't know if he's in the movie clips or not but in the trailer video they said you can play as Quint, Hooper, Brody, or the Shark so he is part of the story line.

I was being sarcastic with "Bruce-ball-eating-gate"

#3426 3 months ago

Why doesn’t the shark eat the ball? It makes me SO MAD

#3427 3 months ago

How long after release before stern typically starts selling side art? I want to have side art, Shaker, and hd glass for when Jaws arrives.

#3428 3 months ago

If the shark had nuts on his chin would they be called “chin nuts”?

#3429 3 months ago

Thank God Stern didn't make The Meg.

#3430 3 months ago

This was the original shark, but Stern chickened out.

IMG_0132 (resized).jpegIMG_0132 (resized).jpeg
#3432 3 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

I was being sarcastic with "Bruce-ball-eating-gate"

I see that now, I was on my phone & quoted the wrong post.

#3433 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If you read the book, Brody’s wife wanted to eat Hoopers balls

Really?

#3434 3 months ago

There's a really weird subplot where Hooper has an affair with Brody's wife. It adds nothing to the book and was wisely cut from the movie. I went through a Peter Benchley phase when I was a kid and I remember thinking that part was really strange.

#3435 3 months ago

There is also a whole mafia angle in the book. And some other things very different

It is probably one of the few examples where the film is significantly better than the book. Peter Benchley (novelist) had to be thrown off set after arguing with Spielberg too much over his film ending. He thought it was too unbelievable. “I’ve had the audience in the palm of my hand for two hours, they’ll believe what I tell them to”

#3436 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

There's a really weird subplot where Hooper has an affair with Brody's wife. It adds nothing to the book and was wisely cut from the movie. I went through a Peter Benchley phase when I was a kid and I remember thinking that part was really strange.

She’s really kinky too. Bored housewife after moving from the big city to a sleepy summer town.

#3437 3 months ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

How long after release before stern typically starts selling side art? I want to have side art, Shaker, and hd glass for when Jaws arrives.

Mirror blades looks to be the call on this crystal blue beauty.

#3438 3 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

are we still talking about this when Keith has already explained the idea sucked? I mean what does he know? He's only designed the last top 4 best selling pins in the last twenty years!

Not disagreeing but isn't SW stern's best seller in Gary's history? It's been on the line longer than any other pin they've ever made right? I believe Ritchie hass the most sold units in pin history too, looking forward to seeing how Elwin will stack up over time.

#3439 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

No shit.

#3440 3 months ago

Before you go, I wonder if you would happen to know if the shark eats the ball orrr will expression lights be supported for this game?

#3441 3 months ago

I started work on a pop bumper cap for the Pro. I should have the prototype ready this weekend. The blue is rendered in a sold color but there will be color variation. Of course, I’ll have to check fitment when machines start going out. If there is interest in this, I can create a thread about it. Thanks for looking.

Edit: I created a post for this mod

IMG_4589 (resized).jpegIMG_4589 (resized).jpeg

#3442 3 months ago

The Future Pinball virtual pin has a ball eating shark

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3443 3 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

The Future Pinball virtual pin has a ball eating shark
[quoted image]

AI also has no idea how the ball would get up there

#3444 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

AI also has no idea how the ball would get up there

There’s a jump ramp. Instead of jumping over a shark, you jump into a shark. Innovation

#3445 3 months ago

If anyone decides to replace the pop bumper buoy with a Gary Stern in a inner tube mod I will take one.

IMG_7086 (resized).jpegIMG_7086 (resized).jpeg
#3446 3 months ago

How about a Seth Davis bash toy hahaha

Quoted from frankmac:

If anyone decides to replace the pop bumper buoy with a Gary Stern in an inner tube mod I will take one.
[quoted image]

#3447 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If the shark had nuts on his chin would they be called “chin nuts”?

Dolemite has entered the chat

#3448 3 months ago

While my wife is going to be working on a mod (playfield dust cover’s with Mayor Vaughn’s suit pattern), I may try to tackle the ball eating quandary. I don’t think there is enough room on the playfield to fit the mechanism; but, I might be able to get the game to eat balls from the coin door. I think I’ll base my design on a modified bill validator.

I’ll let you know when I need volunteers to test it.

#3449 3 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

While my wife is going to be working on a mod (playfield dust cover’s with Mayor Vaughn’s suit pattern), I may try to tackle the ball eating quandary.

May take time
By chance are you both retired?

#3450 3 months ago

I fixed it! You're welcome, Stern!

417707679_10103756117074791_7011167560598479865_n (resized).jpg417707679_10103756117074791_7011167560598479865_n (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bay Village, OH
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 148.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread/page/69?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.