Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170114_124030 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I received my GOT LE two days ago. It seems that the playfield is convex.
Can people with GOT (Pro/Premium/LE) please post how the playfield is in their games - is
there a similar problem with playfield being convex? Or is this somehow how
it is supposed to be? Thanks!

One picture shows that the picture-frame rim is level and straight on the table. In other
pictures you can see the light coming through from each side of the rim as
the playfield is convex.

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

How did you discover this? Was leveling the playfield impossible?

#3 7 years ago

Yes, exactly, it was impossible and I started to investigate the matter.

#4 7 years ago

Bump!

#5 7 years ago

Sorry to ruin your day.

20170114_124030 (resized).jpg20170114_124030 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Wow, totally unacceptable.

#7 7 years ago

Call your distributor immediately and work through them.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Wow, totally unacceptable.

It's wood. It happens. Especially after sitting in a boat across an ocean and possibly sitting in a warehouse.

If you bought it from a distributor contact them for your options. If you bought it privately you may have to fix it yourself. I think it's doable if you're handy with that sort of thing.

What is the build date?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's wood. It happens. Especially after sitting in a boat across an ocean and possibly sitting in a warehouse.
If you bought it from a distributor contact them for your options. If you bought it privately you may have to fix it yourself. I think it's doable if you're handy with that sort of thing.
What is the build date?

I realize that wood expands and contracts but if the cabinet didn't suffer the same thing than I would say it's straight-up quality control from Stern

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I would agree if it was just a board, but since it's plywood with alternating grains it shouldn't warp or bend. Worst thing you should experience is graining or planking.

#11 7 years ago

Mine is a bit concave along the long dimension.

#12 7 years ago

Just when we thought Stern couldn't get any worse

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's wood. It happens.

My 22 EMs, many of which have been through hell and back, say otherwise This shouldn't happen on a brand new game unless your gameroom consists of being in the ocean. Manufacturer error, I'd say. Even if they didn't directly cause it, it should be able to hold up against something like that at least a little you'd think.

#14 7 years ago

Plywood should not do this, it is a reason it is used so extensively in home building. It is extremely stable and is not prone to warping like regular wood. Typically, delamination occurs first when moisture is an issue. Not clear how this could happen.

#15 7 years ago

That sucks hope you get something worked out.

#16 7 years ago

I'm not saying plywood shouldn't warp but it's still made of wood and can happen however improbable. Whenever we get a pallet of furniture grade plywood, there's always a few pieces warped from sitting uneven in the truck. Most can be used for smaller pieces.

OP never stated if game was bought new or used. If new, contact distributor. If used, you'll probably have to fix it yourself because unsure where the previous owner had it.

... are survivors. That's why they are still around today. You won't find the ones that were defective. They've already been parted.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

... are survivors. That's why they are still around today. You won't find the ones that were defective. They've already been parted.

Hah - I'm sure half my collection was stuff people would have parted out when I got it. I'm a "first new owner since 25 years ago" kind of guy, most of my games probably came from that situation as opposed from another collector who decided not to part it out. Hell, I even have one that was parted out! #starjet

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sorry to ruin your day.

No problem, thanks for clearing the matter out.

#19 7 years ago

I bought an EBD that had a similar PF, it had been sitting, soldiered up, for quite some time.
Eventually, the PF flattened out. After being flat, with the weight of the mechs on the PF and heat from the incandescent bulbs, it just pretty much flattened out.
I hope something similar might happen with your GOT.

#20 7 years ago

Could the Clearcoat be too thick?

#22 7 years ago

Hope you get resolution quickly.

#23 7 years ago

Stern has made it abundantly clear how they feel about product quality and customer satisfaction, and both, continue to deteriorate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convex-playfield-in-my-got and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.