GB_extra_ball.jpg
GB3x (resized).JPG
GB2x (resized).JPG
GB1x (resized).JPG
20181026_123646 (resized).jpg
20181026_123949 (resized).jpg
20181026_124013 (resized).jpg
20181026_124111 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How can I tell if the colordmd i have has a chroma controller board?

Says 'chroma' on it somewhere - but the obvious tell is if the USB port is mounted perpendicular to the board, instead off off the end.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I would like to see a video how it looks with LCD vs LED.
That would be pretty cool.

Randy usually sets up a LCD and an LED display next to each other running the same content on the table at his booth -- if you're going to expo, that might be there.

1 week later
#78 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Tobin's Spirit Guide pages don't stand out too well, I'd be curious to see what it would look like with the images being colored, even just a single color per page and changing per page might be interesting.

Books you read have rainbow pages? That part seems fine to me. Sure, it's a bit plain, but it's pages in a book, man.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I think the pages had glowing images in color, yeah, but I've lent out my copy of Tobin's, so I can't check right now.

The parts that were glowing are the black parts of the page in the game, no? Can't color what doesn't exist.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What does source material have to do with it? It's just selecting different colors for the pixels that make up the different spirits. Maybe there's a technical limitation of ColorDMD that I'm not familiar with, I thought it was more robust than what you suggest.

I didn't work on GB, so I'm not sure exactly -- but that scene is pretty heavily anti-aliased which makes edges really hard to delineate in the low resolution the game uses. It may very well be that if those blobs flying out were different colors it would look like a jagged mess.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Again, unless there's a ColorDMD limitation I'm not aware of, you can set any pixels to any color. It's not that they don't exist, they're just set to black.

Nope - Color DMD applies color in front of the dots - if there are no dots in the source material (meaning, they're off to make black), there's nothing to color. The system does not change the source artwork/display.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Interesting, sounds like there's no way to set the "background" color then? I'm surprised at that, I thought even the primitive color-swapping solutions allowed that, and ColorDMD was more robust.

Even on the pallet swap displays black is black. There are some solutions that can change the output (as was done with SF2), but you'd get into legal ramifications there without the proper licensing approvals. Especially on something like Ghostbusters.

11 months later
#197 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Hopefully the ColorDMD guys have had early access to the code

They have not. But the vast majority of the game will probably work just fine while you wait for an updated rom, and the new bits will just be monochrome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 103.00
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-80-is-ghostbusters?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.