GB_extra_ball.jpg
GB3x (resized).JPG
GB2x (resized).JPG
GB1x (resized).JPG
20181026_123646 (resized).jpg
20181026_123949 (resized).jpg
20181026_124013 (resized).jpg
20181026_124111 (resized).jpg
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Got a chance to finish up a video to show footage of the new ColorDMD on my Ghostbusters Pro. As this is my fourth display, I'd consider this colorization to be not quite as refined as my other machines. For example, at the 4:09 mark you can see the storage animation loses its color at the very end of the animation and I've noticed in a couple of other spots too. With an update to correct the green slime to pink, finish up a couple of color details, and refine some of the colors others feel are a bit washed out, I think this colorization will be even more awesome than it already is. Happy to add this display to my machine and def a big improvement over the standard "red" stock display. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Pretty sure those frames that lack colorization are Pro vs Prem/LE ROM differences because they look fine on our Premium - no problems at all. Randy said they would be addressed in an update, I believe.

#152 5 years ago

Was taking some video while a friend played last night. This is with the LED screen. Storage Facility starts at 0:38--the flashing windows look awesome in person with the LED screen as they're genuinely much brighter than the rest of the screen (running contrast 4 and brightness 9 on mine). Lots of glass reflection with the LED screen, so I put a temporary piece of cardboard to shield most of it.

#153 5 years ago

hey guys,

have a ColorDMD 1.3 a now and i built my own power cable. So can some one tell me where i have to connect the Pins 1-3.

Colordmd (resized).jpgColordmd (resized).jpg

Powersupply is https://www.meanwell-web.com/en-gb/ac-dc-triple-output-enclosed-power-supply-output-rt--65b

Ports IN:

1 = L [ AC socket]
2 = N [AC socket]
3 = GND [AC socket]

Ports OUT:

4 = NC
5 = V3 (-12Vdc)
6 = V2 (+12Vdc) [ColorDMD Pin 3]
7 = COM
8 = +5Vdc [ColorDMD Pin 1]

Where can I connect [ColorDMD Pin 2] (GND)?
Can I connect it to Powesupply Pin 3 = GND [AC Socket] where the Socket GND is already connected?
Is it possbly to connect AC and DC Ground from ColorDMD together?

Hope you can help me guys.
Thank you and best regards

power (resized).pngpower (resized).png
#154 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

hey guys,
have a ColorDMD 1.3 a now and i built my own power cable. So can some one tell me where i have to connect the Pins 1-3.
[quoted image]
Powersupply is https://www.meanwell-web.com/en-gb/ac-dc-triple-output-enclosed-power-supply-output-rt--65b
Ports IN:
1 = L [ AC socket]
2 = N [AC socket]
3 = GND [AC socket]
Ports OUT:
4 = NC
5 = V3 (-12Vdc)
6 = V2 (+12Vdc) [ColorDMD Pin 3]
7 = COM
8 = +5Vdc [ColorDMD Pin 1]
Where can I connect [ColorDMD Pin 2] (GND)?
Can I connect it to Powesupply Pin 3 = GND [AC Socket] where the Socket GND is already connected?
Is it possbly to connect AC and DC Ground from ColorDMD together?
Hope you can help me guys.
Thank you and best regards
[quoted image]

Pretty sure you want to connect it to COM (Common).

#155 5 years ago

Thanks vireland. I was not sure... But i will give it a try

#156 5 years ago

Contrast 4
Brightness 9

Seems to be the optimal settings for this LED display on this game for me

1 week later
#157 5 years ago

Hi,

I see a strange thing about my colorDMD (LED), indeed when it is a new time for example 11h, the display becomes all white while the gong of the clock rings, then the color returns after the end of the gong !

And this for each new hour when the pinball is in atractive mode.

It's a Premium GB for info.

Do you have the same problem ?

#158 5 years ago

Anybody have the same prob ?

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

Anybody have the same prob ?

I never have mine sitting in attract mode, so not sure.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I never have mine sitting in attract mode, so not sure.

Neither do I. When I am not playing my pins I turn them off. I'm too cheap to pay for them to be chugging juice the entire time.

#161 5 years ago

Nobody to let plug his pinball 5 minutes before a new time, just to test ?

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No contest. LCD just gives so much more flexibility. I'd only take LED in a Slugfest or CV where I HAD to.

Oh theres a contest, LED looks much better to me.

#163 5 years ago

I was about to start installing the color LCD and noticed the bag with cables and hardware is labeled “Installation Kit for SAM/Whitestar”. Is that correct or does it sound like they gave me the wrong kit?

#164 5 years ago

Same kit... you should find a spike power cable in the bag. Refer to the installation instructions on www.colordmd.com

1 month later
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now that there's a gasket for the LCD screens that seals the screen area from dust and light, finish isn't so much an issue anymore.

Where is that gasket sold from? Colordmd.com?

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Where is that gasket sold from? Colordmd.com?

I sell it in the pinmonk store here on pinside:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-category/307-cabinet-other

...and Colordmd.com also sells them.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I sell it in the pinmonk store here on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-category/307-cabinet-other
...and Colordmd.com also sells them.

Thank you!

#168 5 years ago

Any update coming out anytime soon to fix the black and white issues on a couple screens and the "green" river of slime which should be pink.

#169 5 years ago

Also curious what the consensus is for LED vs. LCD. I have always thought to buy the LCD due to having more options.

This would be my first Color DMD...

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also curious what the consensus is for LED vs. LCD. I have always thought to buy the LCD due to having more options.

It is all about your preference. I prefer LCD if it fits.

#171 5 years ago

I have always purchased the LCD as well.

#172 5 years ago

LED fan here

#173 5 years ago

Same here.

#174 5 years ago

LED too ! Like the original ;+)

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I purchased the LED but then saw the LCD in a friends machine and sold the LED and purchased the LCD. Very happy now.

#176 5 years ago

Well, quite the mixed feelings here on LED vs. LCD haha.

#177 5 years ago

LED for me!

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

I purchased the LED but then saw the LCD in a friends machine and sold the LED and purchased the LCD. Very happy now.

Can I ask what it was that you saw that made you switch to LCD?

#179 5 years ago

Probably that the LCD looks better.

Or that he thought the LED looked better.

Seriously, there is no right answer its 50 50. The led is brighter and cheaper, the LCD has more options.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can I ask what it was that you saw that made you switch to LCD?

LCD is more flexible and the light is less intense.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LCD is more flexible and the light is less intense.

For exactly this reason. The LED dots are intense and I love the options the LCD provides. It’s easier on the eyes too.

1 month later
#182 5 years ago

All good
Found what I needed

1 week later
#183 5 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm looking at getting a color dmd for my GB-Prem.

Q: Can anyone summarize the options the LCD provides that the LED lacks?

Q: Is the LED color DMD brighter than the original monochrome dmd from stern? (or about the same?)

1 concern I have amount led is that off access viewers might see a faded display which LED would not have. Is this the case?

#184 5 years ago

LCD provides options to enlarge the dots/tiles etc to give you more options.

LED will probably be brighter, it sure is with W/B, but can be turned down.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Q: Is the LED color DMD brighter than the original monochrome dmd from stern? (or about the same?)
1 concern I have amount led is that off access viewers might see a faded display which LED would not have. Is this the case?

Q1
IMO, No doubt on this game, that LCD is a clear winner over the LED, I own both LCD & LED displays. General recommendation is White-star & down LED, SAM - Spike 1 LCD.

LED might be brighter, but very few talk about the OEM dot circle, the stock display has tiny bubble projectors to even out the light creates a nice soft "glowing circle". With the ColorDMD LED you can see the individual LED of the RGB fire, color convergence, so at times on some colors there can be more space between the LED's, additionally can look more uneven. It may fit like OEM, but it certainly does not look OEM.

On the LCD DOTS or DOTXL option is by far much closer to mimic the OEM display "circle" & identical size. (improved dot matrix alignment even over the OEM LED), also you can't get as many shades of colors on the LED, Shading on the LCD gives you a little more detail in the renders, its the little things. all ColorDMD website revels are LCD coloring (which I think is obvious) Basically what you see on the website is exactly how it will be on your pin, just get the foam gasket... again, DON'T FORGET THE GASKET.

Q2
yes the LED is brighter than the stock stern led.

off access viewing is trivial at best esp... in HUO pins. like buying a really nice TV and watching it from the side or below like at a bar.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Off-angle viewing of the LCD version is fine. I vastly prefer the LCD. Even though you can turn the LEDs down they're either too intense or not bright enough, and the pixel gaps are annoying to me.

5 months later
#187 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Colordmd ever plans to fix the river of slime from green to pink? Would love to see that happen.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Q1
IMO, No doubt on this game, that LCD is a clear winner over the LED, I own both LCD & LED displays. General recommendation is White-star & down LED, SAM - Spike 1 LCD.
LED might be brighter, but very few talk about the OEM dot circle, the stock display has tiny bubble projectors to even out the light creates a nice soft "glowing circle". With the ColorDMD LED you can see the individual LED of the RGB fire, color convergence, so at times on some colors there can be more space between the LED's, additionally can look more uneven. It may fit like OEM, but it certainly does not look OEM.
On the LCD DOTS or DOTXL option is by far much closer to mimic the OEM display "circle" & identical size. (improved dot matrix alignment even over the OEM LED), also you can't get as many shades of colors on the LED, Shading on the LCD gives you a little more detail in the renders, its the little things. all ColorDMD website revels are LCD coloring (which I think is obvious) Basically what you see on the website is exactly how it will be on your pin, just get the foam gasket... again, DON'T FORGET THE GASKET.
Q2
yes the LED is brighter than the stock stern led.
off access viewing is trivial at best esp... in HUO pins. like buying a really nice TV and watching it from the side or below like at a bar.

Agreed.. Funny enough, typically I like the "scan" setting to make it look like an animation but on GB, I do not prefer this. I find it to have noticeable motion blur and find that DotsXL looks better..

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if Colordmd ever plans to fix the river of slime from green to pink? Would love to see that happen.

Yes. It takes time.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

They might as well wait until the big upcoming code update is released at this point as there may be more animations to colorize.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They might as well wait until the big upcoming code update is released at this point as there may be more animations to colorize.

Thats hopefull. Personally I dont think they will be doing that but hey, hopefully I am wrong.

1 month later
#192 4 years ago

Randy, very soon you guys will have some work to do! Lots of new dots in the upcoming code.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Randy, very soon you guys will have some work to do! Lots of new dots in the upcoming code.

It'll be worth the wait.

1 week later
#194 4 years ago

Can't wait for the code update. Posting here so I remember to buy a Color DMD after the code is updated!

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Can't wait for the code update. Posting here so I remember to buy a Color DMD after the code is updated!

The code is updated.

#196 4 years ago

Hopefully the ColorDMD guys have had early access to the code

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Hopefully the ColorDMD guys have had early access to the code

They have not. But the vast majority of the game will probably work just fine while you wait for an updated rom, and the new bits will just be monochrome.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They have not. But the vast majority of the game will probably work just fine while you wait for an updated rom, and the new bits will just be monochrome.

Librarian mode actually looks great in monochrome, i kinda want to leave it that way!

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Librarian mode actually looks great in monochrome, i kinda want to leave it that way!

Hmmnn, i did that mode last night and didnt even notice it was monochrome lol

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There's definitely some color corruption. But no big deal, it'll come eventually.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-80-is-ghostbusters/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.