(Topic ID: 52734)

ColorDMD Announces Scared Stiff as Sixth Title (Official Announcement)

By Dmod

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

It is even more torture waiting 3 months to hear what the next release will be.
I'm thinking about buying a new display and using it as Sigma in my Theatre of Magic.
TOM seems to have more animations than most other WPC machines.
With that said, I'm hoping TOM will be released sometime this year.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm hoping TOM will be released sometime this year.

If it does, I may need to buy a ToM again. I miss mine...

#53 10 years ago

I think a friend of mine might be selling one....

#54 10 years ago

Is there a way to determine which colordmd display that you already own? How do we know if our current display is sigma or not, at the moment I have TAF 2.0 Rom installed and I cannot figure out how to turn on the upscaling or is that only available in single color? All I get is the backlight menu options.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think a friend of mine might be selling one....

Seems like Jersey is a hotbed of pinball action these days.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there a way to determine which colordmd display that you already own? How do we know if our current display is sigma or not, at the moment I have TAF 2.0 Rom installed and I cannot figure out how to turn on the upscaling or is that only available in single color? All I get is the backlight menu options.

Upscaling is only available in single color, and I think only if the SIGMA ROM is installed. The game specific ROMs will allow a single color mode, but unless they've added it in the more recent versions, it's dots only.

#57 10 years ago

Ahhh thank you, no wonder I couldn't find it

#58 10 years ago

Wow, those look fantastic!

#59 10 years ago

Can't wait to get mine...great job, guys!

#60 10 years ago

Got the display and ROM installed on my SS today and it looks fantastic! Probably took 10 minutes total. Easy to follow instructions included.

Turned on the MB next to it to show the wife and kids what a difference it makes and now we just need ColorDMD to come out with the ROM for MB & TOM. (hint hint) I guess it wouldn't make sense for SM with the movie clips. Great product. Thanks ColorDMD!!

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Does the technology translate the dots from the game and display them in color on an LCD? Or does it somehow recreate all of the images from scratch and they use dots to maintain the original look?
I'm asking because I think if it was the second, then potentially they could create some really great display images with much greater detail in place of the dot images that were originally created?

My sense is it's the former, i.e. they are colorizing the original dots, not creating new animations from scratch. What you're talking about would be awesome though.

#62 10 years ago

I would love to see a full view game play with the color DMD. Just to see the full effect.

#63 10 years ago

I just got mine updated yesterday, and I could probably take a quick video soon.

I do have a quick question. Is everyone else seeing the frames where it is solid colored in a way that doesn't flow well? In my case, this is most often when a logo is "dissolving" in or out. It also when a jackpot is collected during Scared Stiff, among other places.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It does looks nice, but I think I'm going to stick with my red DMD cover. I think it fits the theme better than a multi-colored display.

I take it back. This DMD has made it onto my "must have" list.

#65 10 years ago

I think I'm getting one next week! Does he give a Pinside Discount with the Secret Handshake??

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I take it back. This DMD has made it onto my "must have" list.

It's a little pricey, but you won't be sorry. I'm not!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think I'm getting one next week! Does he give a Pinside Discount with the Secret Handshake??

If he does, I messed up the handshake.

#68 10 years ago

You have to say mekka lekka hi mekka heidy hoe....

#69 10 years ago

I've got 8 ColorDMDs in the collection so far.
Colorized ROMs in SS, STTNG and MM
Sigma ROMs in CP, TOTAN, TOM, JD, MB
Clearly I am a fan of the product.

Only thing holding me back from getting more is trying to find pins to put them in.
The hunt continues for WH20, TZ, IJ, RS, and TAF

-Brian

#70 10 years ago

Here's a live game play video, courtesy of Chris who also did all the work on this title. I'm biased but agree with others that this could be the best one yet. We still have a limited supply of displays available from the May release. Our next production run probably won't be ready until late August.

Enjoy!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Here's a live game play video, courtesy of Chris

Thanks. That saves me having to drag out the camera.

I currently have a ColorDMD in my AFM and SS, and I think I like the SS one slightly better. Both are awesome.

Examples of the "odd coloring" I mentioned before are at 1:56, 6:38, 6:43, etc. In the case at 1:56, I can see where it would be very difficult to detect what frame of video is being displayed when the dissolve first starts since nearly the entire screen is lit.

Anyway, this is nit-picking. It is only a few slightly rough transitions, and otherwise the display is stunning. Good work.

#72 10 years ago

I liked the SS version so much better then TAF that the TAF is all orange again.

#73 10 years ago

Wow! It truly makes a big difference. Great job. I am going to have to see if I can come to grips with the cost aspect of it.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Wow! It truly makes a big difference. Great job. I am going to have to see if I can come to grips with the cost aspect of it.

I have three of them so far, in MM, AFM and STTNG. They really are worth the bucks. When considering the price, don't forget to deduct the cost of a new plasma DMD from it. After all, you're freeing up a plasma DMD when you swap one of these into a machine.

#75 10 years ago

Yeah! I just realized I had a spare DMD (used) for either Scared Stiff or T2. So I just put that on Ebay! The NJGecko tested it out over the weekend and it was excellent!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 38.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 37.00
£ 38.00
$ 249.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-scared-stiff-as-sixth-title-official-announcement/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.