BA12FE2F-F205-4E4D-93A2-174058F95D16 (resized).jpeg
BEB85F99-5110-4678-A8D0-8AF5A740B103 (resized).jpeg
A74445B8-F463-4079-8750-EBB6E4342178 (resized).jpeg
871DE45C-E64F-46A0-B49A-D03A380C9D71 (resized).jpeg
613CF713-EAD1-4804-B8E3-670666231F3D (resized).jpeg
8731FE4E-2644-47DA-8A97-BF16EC7E0899 (resized).jpeg
92BB8E5E-8B56-4F33-9A7F-EDC0D3660C4F (resized).jpeg
8A9E698F-3535-44C4-9F31-DAA7C6358709 (resized).jpeg
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 44 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man I wish we could find it.

He removed it? Why?

#752 44 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

He removed it? Why?

I think he was being sarcastic. It's still up.

#753 44 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think he was being sarcastic. It's still up.

Yeah. I searched and found it right away in Cary's Live. So removed the post as it was irrelevant.

#754 44 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man I wish we could find it.

You don’t always have to be a smart …

#755 44 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

He removed it? Why?

It's a joke, it's literally on the same page.

Quoted from GCS2000:

You don’t always have to be a smart …

1. I didn't do 6 years of college for nothin'
Or
2. You don't always have to be so....

#756 44 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a joke, it's literally on the same page.

1. I didn't do 6 years of college for nothin'
Or
2. You don't always have to be so....

I got that. After looking about ten seconds. I just auto populate down to last post so posts above weren't viewed.

#757 44 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I got that. After looking about ten seconds. I just auto populate down to last post so posts above weren't viewed.

Gotta keep your head on a swivel!

#758 44 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I mean, they can ask for it, people dont have to pay it.

What the fuck are you people doing here?

Truly, you are just spreading hate in multiple threads where people are looking forward to their machines.

How have you convinced yourself you are doing a good thing?

#759 44 days ago

The Haggis Fathom (mermaid) is just as well built and is absolutely beautiful / Plays amazing as you see in the Haggis Centaur. I've restored old Bally / Williams games and with the time, money, and effort I'd have to put forward to get my machines to be as good as these I do believe I'd be over $10K, and the older I get the less I want to do all that work anyways. Just look at the chroming and attention to detail for starters. It's been surprising to me to see the Mermaid Fathoms tank in value, but I think they will be collectors pieces in the years to come.. I'd be all over a $9K Haggis Centaur (black and white version) if it existed also.

#760 44 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Truly, you are just spreading hate in multiple threads where people are looking forward to their machines.

Are these rhetorical questions, or do you want a response?

Why would folks try to raise the alarm, as it were?

What do you think?

It’s not hate. It’s reality. Red flags are waving. Alarm bells are ringing.

It is a good thing to dissuade others from risking a deposit on what seems to be a questionable enterprise.

Let’s see what happens.

#761 44 days ago
Quoted from bane:

What do you think?
It is a good thing to dissuade others from risking a deposit on what seems to be a questionable enterprise.
Let’s see what happens.

Actually a response to my last question to you in an earlier post would be good.

#762 44 days ago
Quoted from bane:

What do you think?
Let’s see what happens.

Should Haggis not make "it" the same people whom are cheerleading them now without a shred of skepticism will blame you for pointing out things are observably not so good.

Tales they win, heads you lose.

I wish them luck but think they have priced themselves right out of the market window they were working in.

#763 44 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

Actually a response to my last question to you in an earlier post would be good.

I'm still waiting for YOU to respond to my question about "if Haggis folds and people lose money, won't you feel bad for being a cheerleader this whole time?"

You didn't answer that one aimed directly at you.

#764 44 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I wish them luck but think they have priced themselves right out of the market window they were working in.

There are very very few people in on pins this expensive, not to mention when there are other games that have way more features for the same price. This seemed high even back when everyone were idiots with their money during covid (a time where people were just throwing money around).

Forgive my ludeness, but it is like post-nut clarity people are experiencing on these titles all of the sudden. Now that fathom came out, many are suddenly seeing we don't want them at these bonkers prices and are snapping out of it. How Haggis will keep in business selling very old, albeit nice condition games for so super expensive is beyond me.

You can buy a foo fighters with the topper and expression lighting premium and still have 4k to spare, or you can get a Haggis centaur.

#765 44 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

There are very very few people in on pins this expensive, not to mention when there are other games that have way more features for the same price. This seemed high even back when everyone were idiots with their money during covid (a time where people were just throwing money around).
Forgive my ludeness, but it is like post-nut clarity people are experiencing on these titles all of the sudden. Now that fathom came out, many are suddenly seeing we don't want them at these bonkers prices and are snapping out of it. How Haggis will keep in business selling very old, albeit nice condition games for so super expensive is beyond me.
You can buy a foo fighters with the topper and expression lighting premium and still have 4k to spare, or you can get a Haggis centaur.

I think there is a good market for a limted number of classic Bally titles in the $7500 to $8500 range. Mechs are interchangeable across a number of titles which would help spread out costs.

That Haggis decided to reinvent the wheel and waste funds with new mechs is an odd choice that puts you in an avoidable hole before machine one rolls off the line.

Once you go over 8k you are starting to get into modern pin territory and a "classic pin" is in a losing position for value aside from a very limited number of buyers.

#766 44 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

My statement clears Haggis, does it not? Anybody can ask for anything, doesnt mean we have to perform said request. How is that dragging them down?

Man, words REALLY hurt you. Like REALLY hurt you.

#767 44 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm still waiting for YOU to respond to my question about "if Haggis folds and people lose money, won't you feel bad for being a cheerleader this whole time?"

They never do. There were deeproot cheerleaders, jpoop, Kevin whats his name, etc etc.

The cheerleaders in those threads walked away as if they were blameless. If Haggis folds, the same will happen here.

"You pays your money and you takes your chances".

Pass.

#768 44 days ago

I am in on a colored version of the Orblivion Edition. Paid in full. I am not worried about getting the machine.

Did anyone see the Story today by Jason Knapp about Dutch delivering the last Early Achiever Big Lebowski?

#769 43 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I am in on a colored version of the Orblivion Edition. Paid in full. I am not worried about getting the machine.
Did anyone see the Story today by Jason Knapp about Dutch delivering the last Early Achiever Big Lebowski?

Definitely one hell of a comeback!

#770 43 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I never would have thought Dutch could dig themselves out of that hole. Kudos to them. However Dutch had a title with great demand still unfulfilled. Big difference here. Without an angel investor (same odds as winning lottery) it’s hard to see haggis continuing. Asking for payment for centaur by suggesting it was on the line is simply reprehensible in my book. Speaks volumes about one’s character.

#771 43 days ago
Quoted from bane:

What do you think?
Let’s see what happens.

Yes, but you have all 'raised the alarm' many, many times.

Does that entail coming into the hype thread, telling all of us that have put deposits down that we are fucking idiots for even wanting the machine in the first place and how we should be happy with a Bally one or some other modern machine 10 times a day?

This cheerleading thing is total shit that you are using to cast anyone who is just patiently waiting and not inclined to shitbag the company into an enemy position.

I am not anyone's enemy. I'm just a fellow pinball collector who is excited about my game. It doesn't matter where it comes from, i was just as excited about getting my P3.

But because i happen to be Australian, i am portrayed as some nationalist, and because i know and accept the risk with a new company going through hard times i am told i'm fiscally responsible for this.

How may times to you have to call those of us that are patiently waiting idiots and morons before you'll consider your self appointed role of investment warning monitor done?

Surely you have all made your points fifty times in 4 different threads already?

When is it time to hang up your capes?

It's just a really poor excuse for very offensive behaviour.

#772 43 days ago

How dare you guys discuss things on a forum

#773 43 days ago

Gutless little person who has me on ignore is cheating.

Aren't you, gutless?

#774 43 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

But because i happen to be Australian, i am portrayed as some nationalist, and because i know and accept the risk with a new company going through hard times i am told i'm fiscally responsible for this.
How may times to you have to call those of us that are patiently waiting idiots and morons before you'll consider your self appointed role of investment warning monitor done?
Surely you have all made your points fifty times in 4 different threads already?
When is it time to hang up your capes?
It's just a really poor excuse for very offensive behaviour.

Well, there are many studies about Australians... LMAO. I don't blame you.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 3.04.20?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-03-15 at 3.04.20?PM (resized).png
#775 43 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Well, there are many studies about Australians... LMAO. I don't blame you. [quoted image]

Be careful what you try to wrangle in your shody searches and desperate attempts at discrimination.

The countries with the highest financial literacy rates are Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Israel, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, where about 65 percent or more of adults are financially literate. On the other end of the spectrum, South Asia is home to countries with some of the lowest financial literacy scores, where only a quarter of adults—or fewer—are financially literate.

Https://gflec.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Finlit_paper_16_F2_singles.pdf

#776 43 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Be careful what you try to wrangle in your shody searches and desperate attempts at discrimination.
The countries with the highest financial literacy rates are Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Israel, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, where about 65 percent or more of adults are financially literate. On the other end of the spectrum, South Asia is home to countries with some of the lowest financial literacy scores, where only a quarter of adults—or fewer—are financially literate.
efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://gflec.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Finlit_paper_16_F2_singles.pdf

My post went right over your head LMAO..... just busting balls

#777 43 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

No your post was ignorant discriminatory crap and the point you were trying to make was that people from Australia are less financially literate than people from your part of North America.

The actual score for Australia is 64% literate financially and for the United States of America it's 57%

https://sweatyourassets.biz/financial-literacy-ranking-by-country/#:~:text=Worldwide%2C%20only%201%2Din%2D,understanding%20of%20basic%20financial%20concepts.

#778 43 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

No your post was ignorant discriminatory crap and the point you were trying to make was that people from Australia are less financially literate than people from your part of North America.
The actual score for Australia is 64% literate financially and for the United States of America it's 57%
https://sweatyourassets.biz/financial-literacy-ranking-by-country/#:~:text=Worldwide%2C%20only%201%2Din%2D,understanding%20of%20basic%20financial%20concepts.

stripes-francis-francis (1).gifstripes-francis-francis (1).gif
#779 43 days ago

No.

Keep some civil manners and decorum.

I'm plenty jocular when not being poked with rudeness, ignorance and discrimination.

#781 43 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Punkin needs a nap

Yeah, it's gotta be my fault people are saying things this ignorant.

Every other fucking thing is.

#782 43 days ago

Judging by the way this thread has suddenly taken a turn, I'm guessing punkin is in here stirring up crap again.

#783 43 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

And in the end it’s a beautiful expensive solid state based pin from 43 years ago that will get old in a smaller collection. Many like myself started the hobby with them and moved on. Too many better options out there for much cheaper.

Only so much room and money for most of us collectors. They definitely priced themselves out on Centaur. It’s a gorgeous game, but like having a hot gorgeous girl with HIV, great to look at;but don’t want to play with it.

#784 43 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Judging by the way this thread has suddenly taken a turn, I'm guessing punkin is in here stirring up crap again.

He's not bothering me one darn bit!

#785 43 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

IMG_3684 (resized).jpegIMG_3684 (resized).jpeg
#788 43 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s a gorgeous game, but like having a hot gorgeous girl with HIV, great to look at;but don’t want to play with it.

This is the funniest post I have seen on Pinside in a long time.

I laughed out loud! Thanks for making my day!!

Roger

#789 43 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You ask if Haggis folds and people lose money,will I feel bad? No.Sad.

Sad for the actual people who bought with the intention to actually play the game

Not sad for speculaters like yourself who are whingeing that the market price for the machine has dropped 2k.Wonder why?

Not sad for those that are persistent shitcanners that troll around these threads saying all sorts of crap.

Happy for the 210 pinners that have got their machines and very little complaints about the finish etc.

Will be extemely happy when the last 40 machines are delivered to those waiting.

And over the moon happy that the trolls will find another place to crap on.

#790 43 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Tell me Cobray. What does a 350 trillion dollar debt feel like over there?

#791 43 days ago
Quoted from gold1: What does a 350 trillion dollar debt feel like over there?

Probably 10 times worse than it actually is now.

#792 43 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

Not as bad as losing $10K on a pinball machine you may never get.

#793 43 days ago

As someone who recently got screwed out of $4,169 by an Australian arcade machine company that suddenly "went out of business", people have EVERY right to raise concern and spread the word when a company suddenly is indicating financial issues. I truly hope Haggis pulls through this thing and everybody gets their machines.

#794 43 days ago

I think I'm standing near the centaur. There are red lights glowing out the bottom of it. I don't know anything about original centaur to be able to compare the remake to it however.

#795 43 days ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

As someone who recently got screwed out of $4,169 by an Australian arcade machine company that suddenly "went out of business", people have EVERY right to raise concern and spread the word when a company suddenly is indicating financial issues. I truly hope Haggis pulls through this thing and everybody gets their machines.

Sure and do not whinge if the market drops because of the hearsay.And I am sure there are plenty of instances of Aussies being screwed by American companies.

#796 42 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

Im dangerous here. Lets stay to pinball, please.

#797 42 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Im dangerous here. Lets stay to pinball, please.

Not sure how to comprehend your dangerous here comment?Having said that yes it should only be pinball related posts,but if you care to look back a few posts you can see where my post was coming from.Perhaps make a comment about their posts rather than picking out mine.

#798 42 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I think I'm standing near the centaur. There are red lights glowing out the bottom of it. I don't know anything about original centaur to be able to compare the remake to it however.

Thats it. fathom is blue & green.

Just red? No silver mixed in?

#800 40 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, it's gotta be my fault people are saying things this ignorant.
Every other fucking thing is.

Thank goodness you never say anything ignorant in these threads

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Hartville, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-confirmed-as-the-next-haggis-remake/page/16?hl=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.