Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rollinover
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Clown Head (resized).png
    IMG_4957 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4959 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Good Evening Everyone,

It has now been almost a full year since my obsession with Pinball began and I have reached that point where I want to find that very first Pinball Machine that will kick it all off.

I wanted to put this out there to see if any one would be at all interested in considering having a vehicle included in a deal!

The car is a 2005 Volkswagen Passat 4dr GLS 1.8 Turbo Sedan. I drove this car recently after college but have now upgraded to a new one. It has 141,000 miles and still runs great! See pictures below.
    VIN: WVWAD63B15P031832

Again my intention is to have this vehicle considered as one part of a deal on a Pinball Machine. There is not a specific Machine in mind so I'm open to anything.

I'm interested to hear any feedback and if anyone wants to start a conversation!
    IMG_4957 (resized).jpgIMG_4957 (resized).jpgIMG_4959 (resized).jpgIMG_4959 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

car looks in great shape !

#3 4 years ago

A VW with over 100k miles?

Would you consider a Hardbody or Spring Break for it?

#4 4 years ago

what is the sale price for that car in current condition?

#5 4 years ago

Having owned a tranny shop, those are repair time bombs. If an automatic transmission expect $3-4K when it dies, most do before 200K unless it was already replaced. The fluid alone is $25 a liter!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

what is the sale price for that car in current condition?

3k-ish

#7 4 years ago

Hello all thank you for the interest! I'll put the VIN in the post for anyone who wants to research current value. I'm hoping to find something that works out for both parties!

#8 4 years ago

Some one maybe for their kid as their first car. Some one off circumstance maybe. This is a collectors hobby. Trade me a collectors car.

#9 4 years ago

I thought this was going to be a rant about a craigslist offer to be honest.

#10 4 years ago

Sell the car and use the proceeds to buy a pin.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Have you sold a car on facebook or craigslist lately? Worse than trying to sell a pin. I'm trying to sell my mother's 18 year old jetta with 80,000 miles on it and the questions and trade requests are laughable. I can understand why he would want to avoid it.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from curiusgeorge:

Have you sold a car on facebook or craigslist lately? Worse than trying to sell a pin. I'm trying to sell my mother's 18 year old jetta with 80,000 miles on it and the questions and trade requests are laughable. I can understand why he would want to avoid it.

It's like that for any item you try to sell on fb or craiglist. I just don't respond back to low ballers. The worst is when you clearly state that price is FIRM in bold font and in Caps and they still try to negotiate.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This is a collectors hobby. Trade me a collectors car.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

This is your best move.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

This is your best move.

Exactly, trading is a waste of time.

John

#16 4 years ago

now I've seen everything!!!

#17 4 years ago

I'd trade my 03 xterra for a pin. Was my old pin hauler but got a new car not too long ago. But yeah better of selling a car then trading.

#18 4 years ago

I'd trade some pretty nice pins for a muscle car in decent shape! GTO, Road Runner, SS Chevelle, 442, AMX, etc.

#19 4 years ago

2002 4runner with 383K on it anyone?

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

2002 4runner with 383K on it anyone?

Hows the body I'll trade you a EM

#21 4 years ago

Ouch. Just did a KBB check on it as I was going to suggest Carmax just for the easy cash. Looks like $600-$1K is it's trade in value and they wont even give you that much. If you make a halfway decent salary it might be worth it to donate it and take the tax write off for it. If not, craigslist it for cheap to get it gone fast then take the cash for a machine.

Best of luck.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

craigslist it for cheap to get it gone fast

I take it that you have NOT tried to sell a car on CL recently... It is no longer possible. Total waste of time. You are better off giving it away to a family member that could use it.

#23 4 years ago

Take it to a car buyer or CarMax, they'll give you a lowball price but not bad and no hassles

#24 4 years ago

I can trade you for this:

Clown Head (resized).pngClown Head (resized).png

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I take it that you have NOT tried to sell a car on CL recently... It is no longer possible. Total waste of time. You are better off giving it away to a family member that could use it.

Im donating mine to goodwill. Agreed on the effort vs return for selling a <$1k vehicle.

#26 4 years ago

Unfortunately, it’s a Passat. They don’t hold their value.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Actually helped family members sell a couple in the past year. Region may have something to do with it as well as the price of the car. I'd never try to sell anything nice but the cheap cars were easy. Both were beat up pick-up trucks in the less than $2K range. Posted one day and gone the next with cash in hand. Did have a dozen or so scammers.

#28 4 years ago

Believe it or not I traded a 98 dodge Dakota long bed pickup for a working Silverball mania

I feel like I got a great deal, and so did the guy who got my old truck

Win win!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/car-for-a-pinball-machine-interested and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.