50%
  • Elvira 3 74 votes
    50%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

64C94E51-3F12-4AD7-9A3E-59E6DAEB1693 (resized).jpeg
NPXN9345 (resized).JPG
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I'd say it depends on the bar you are putting it in. What is the age of the average person who goes there. IMO Wonka is a better pinball machine but on route I think Elvira would earn better!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

he didn't add POTC though.

He didn't add it to the poll because he doesn't care about jjPotC as an option because he already OWNS one. He made that decision already. So it's irrelevant to this decision.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not always. Dialed In and Hobbit fell off sharply and were canned on the route I help with. WoZ and jjPotC are still there. jjPotC is earning literally 2x the next best pin (Deadpool) consistently after 9 months. That's unheard of, especially at $1.50/play with 4 balls.

every region and location will be different.

Hobbit failed miserably (too long of ball times and too much stuff to break IMHO), but DI has been a solid earner from the start and a game I would suggest to anyone.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He didn't add it to the poll because he doesn't care about jjPotC as an option because he already OWNS one. He made that decision already. So it's irrelevant to this decision.

Skypilot owns 2 routes and 1 JJPOTC machine. Op resolves his King Solomon baby diliema after purchasing a second JJPOTC. Op wants a game that draws in users = JJPOTC. The people have spoken!

#55 4 years ago

What other pins are at this brewery? That may help make a decision in adding a new pin.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

What other pins are at this brewery? That may help make a decision in adding a new pin.

At present GB .Deadpool,BK,Star wars Hobbit,Star Trek and a restored AFM

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Good selection. Do you have anything else like a Chexx bubble hockey or arcades? I have 3 pins and a super chexx at my brewery, the chexx is fun for 4 people. Earns equal to a pin at 1/3 the price

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

you need another classic IMHO.

esp a .50er

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Good selection. Do you have anything else like a Chexx bubble hockey or arcades? I have 3 pins and a super chexx at my brewery, the chexx is fun for 4 people. Earns equal to a pin at 1/3 the price

Chex hockey,Ice cold Beer,Strike Master puck ,1969 CC 16' bowler and a Quick and Crash gun game.

2 weeks later
#60 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Sadly at a brewery a JP pro is probably the best answer

I would have to agree with this. Good price and not much to break.

#61 4 years ago

I bought both LE & CE
But they won’t be going on location!

I did talk to a vendor in Oregon
He said CGC Monster Bash is bullet proof
And makes money !

He said his Sterns break down and stopped running them !

#62 4 years ago

You don't have a stern JP? That's the only answer here, get that one first since it will kill it on location. Who knows about Elvira just to new and Pirates is pretty, pretty expensive and not worth the investment. Get a stern JP now or you'll be making a big mistake.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

He said his Sterns break down and stopped running them !

This is hard to believe. My Sterns are bullet proof and get the most play once you replace the garbage coil stops they use. They are second in quality only to my CGC games.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is hard to believe. My Sterns are bullet proof and get the most play once you replace the garbage coil stops they use. They are second in quality only to my CGC games.

I'm sure he's just another stern hater.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Let me preface my question. I have two locations I route. No desire to do more but I like taking care of my supporters.

It’s a good thing you prefaced this, because I don’t like either of these games.

I think Elvira would Earn more at the beginning, because folks like me seek out the latest Stern game no matter what. But I think that would fall off fairly quick.

Wonka seems like it will earn longer. People who don’t know pinball will want to try it. And I think that gives it longer legs than Elvira. So Wonka.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I'm sure he's just another stern hater.

You are a JJP hater right?

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

For the prices Stern is charging why are they using such garbage coil stops? Why try to save 10 cents a coil stop with an inferior product when charging $6k - $10k for a pinball machine? Crap like that is inexcusable at today's prices.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For the prices Stern is charging why are they using such garbage coil stops? Why try to save 10 cents a coil stop with an inferior product when charging $6k - $10k for a pinball machine? Crap like that is inexcusable at today's prices.

I agree. I think it's bull. But when you're the only game in town you get what you get. They always send me new ones but I just get the ones from Marco for under 10 bucks a pair since they hold up better.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I agree. I think it's bull. But when you're the only game in town you get what you get. They always send me new ones but I just get the ones from Marco for under 10 bucks a pair since they hold up better.

Who is the only game in town?

#70 4 years ago

Let’s see.
Brats and brew or boobs and brew.

Elvira for me.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Who is the only game in town?

Stern if you don't include the boutique companies. CGC also but they are remakes so I didn't really count them although I wish they would produce original games because they have the best quality out there.

#72 4 years ago

absolutely positively neither. I just played Elivra and it was terrible. People know what I think about wonka - a mess.

So many other good titles for route. I would even recommend Octoberfest over those two! Then there is Jurassic Park, GB, etc.

#73 4 years ago

Elvira all the way. The code issues are being worked out now (a new code update came out today). Anybody remember this? Elvira and beer is a great combo.
64C94E51-3F12-4AD7-9A3E-59E6DAEB1693 (resized).jpeg64C94E51-3F12-4AD7-9A3E-59E6DAEB1693 (resized).jpeg

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Stern if you don't include the boutique companies. CGC also but they are remakes so I didn't really count them although I wish they would produce original games because they have the best quality out there.

Lol

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Elvira all the way. The code issues are being worked out now (a new code update came out today). Anybody remember this? Elvira and beer is a great combo.
[quoted image]

I have a sixer of that unopened

#76 4 years ago

Wonka is a terrible dud with scary annoying music that will make the location hate you. Haven't played Elvira yet, but for a brewery I'd go with Oktoberfest too.
I can't believe I'm saying that, but Oktoberfest is actually a pretty fun game. Gameplay has lots of variety, is nice and fast, never annyoing; animations still suck but are much better than Houdini was. The audio package is just soo cheezy, to me as a German it's like a trash movie, but like a trash movie it's still enjoyable. It's in no way a machine for a home environment, but for the right location it might work really well.

#77 4 years ago

I have not played Elvira so.. but it doesn't look that great to me. I'd go with Wonka which is a good game (better yet DI).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-t-believe-i-m-asking-wonka-or-elvira3/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.