• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418.jpg
#1 8 years ago

In anticipation of Color DMD releasing a color ROM for Dracula,:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-bram-stokers-dracula-speaker-panels-finally#post-1768715

I have already installed my LCD unit and purchased my BSD clear speaker panel:

IMG_0418.jpgIMG_0418.jpg

My question is how will I/we be able to utilize the LOVE NEVER DIES flashers? There is simply not enough room for the flasher board with the Color DMD/LCD installed. The LCD does cover that area. Any way to get the LCD to flash in the appropriate spots? Just wondering if anyone has any insight...

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#2 8 years ago

Will need a special light board or the lcd will flash when it needs ?

#4 8 years ago

On newer brackets we added a third set of mounting holes (for Stern metal speaker panels). It might be possible to use the added set of mounting holes to raise the height of the LCD screen to accommodate the flashers.

The SIGMA 3.x ROM includes a vertical adjustment so you can reposition the graphics back where they belong.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

On newer brackets we added a third set of mounting holes (for Stern metal speaker panels). It might be possible to use the added set of mounting holes to raise the height of the LCD screen to accommodate the flashers.
The SIGMA 3.x ROM includes a vertical adjustment so you can reposition the graphics back where they belong.

So when's it coming?

#6 8 years ago

Color dmd coming? That will be awesome

#7 8 years ago

Count me in for the BSD ColorDMD .

#8 8 years ago

Woooooooooooo.... whee. Man, if this one happens, wow - BSD will definitely enter the $3000+ club (w/ColorDMD installed of course).

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Woooooooooooo.... whee. Man, if this one happens, wow - BSD will definitely enter the $3000+ club (w/ColorDMD installed of course).

From what ive seen it has already for a nice playfield and cab

#10 8 years ago

If you can somehow summon user RudeDogg1 to this thread he sussed the Love Never Dies flasher issue on the colourDMD, I sold him mine so he put a spare sigma he had into it and told me with a bit of fiddling he got the flashers to work on the monitor. I have no idea how though so he would need to explain.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From what ive seen it has already for a nice playfield and cab

Agreed. Those are a bit more rare (DRACULA inserts and planking at right orbital are nearly universal even on SP PFs).

#12 8 years ago

I really think some of the animations would look awesome with a ColorDMD

I hope this happens

#13 8 years ago

I'm sure it's just a matter of time! I know have two machines with the Color DMD LCD installed waiting for the color ROMS (TZ & BSD).

I'm sure both are right around the corner!

#14 8 years ago

I put blue xpin that I had in wh2o in mine and looks good on bsd.

#15 8 years ago

Just got a BSD in a trade for my TFTC and was thinking about a colordmd. But what other colors would you want besides the red? Just doesn't seem like a great coloring candidate to me. Not like JD and Shadow that I have colordmds in.

#16 8 years ago

I think it will be awesome once colorized. Some of the graphics are intense and once completed you should see things you probably didn't even know existed.

Just make sure you get one of the clear speaker panels

#17 8 years ago

Even in sigma it looks better because you can upscale or my favorite is 8 bit . With the clear speaker panel blue , red, white look fine and even the right shade of purple cld look good . Full color will be awesome

#18 8 years ago

You should be able to raise the color DMD a little at the bottom and put that extra light board in at an angle, it's what I did for my Doctor Who to have the doctors still light up. I think people have done similar things for Addams Family.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I think it will be awesome once colorized. Some of the graphics are intense and once completed you should see things you probably didn't even know existed.
Just make sure you get one of the clear speaker panels

where would one find the clear panel if he would want to.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You should be able to raise the color DMD a little at the bottom and put that extra light board in at an angle, it's what I did for my Doctor Who to have the doctors still light up. I think people have done similar things for Addams Family.

Is this yours?:

http://www.colordmd.com/Light%20Board%20Mod%20TAF%20and%20DW.pdf

#22 8 years ago

Nope, I didn't do near that much work, I looked at that, but then followed this tips in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-color-dmd-installed

Basically you can mount the DMD high (then use the controls to move the image down) and squeeze it in at the bottom. I didn't need to remount the connector, but I did use a little electrical tape to protect the board connections from ever touching the metal DMD frame. This method is completely reversible and easy to do, but does mean you have to lift out the lower panel to open the rest of the backbox to access the boards.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

ebay.com link » Williams Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Machine Speaker Panel Dmd Brand New

That looks as as if it has the red tint in the window???

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

That looks as as if it has the red tint in the window???

Its a removable gel

#25 8 years ago

yeah I think even simple things like the blood dripping will look cool since the rest wont be shaded red

but I'm excited to see the video mode and for some reason the castle in the credits could look good if colored well

#26 8 years ago

I have ColorDMDs in my Shadow and Judge Dredd, so I'll certainly try it out in Dracula. But don't see me swapping either permanently to Dracula because JD and TS have terrific animations in color.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have ColorDMDs in my Shadow and Judge Dredd, so I'll certainly try it out in Dracula. But don't see me swapping either permanently to Dracula because JD and TS have terrific animations in color.

Why swap just buy another ? Im sure bsd will look amazing as it has some of the best dots of any wpc title . Cant wait

#28 8 years ago

Cause at $420 it's not just a "buy another" kind of mod.

#29 8 years ago

Judge Dredd I could consider swapping since even though the color animations look fantastic, the game plays too fast to even see them.

#30 8 years ago

Looking forward to BSD color DMD!

#31 8 years ago

So it is a quarum, we need a BSD Color DMD.

#32 8 years ago

Quorum that is.

4 months later
#33 8 years ago

Time to bump this in hopes it finally happens

1 month later
#34 7 years ago

Bump.. let's do this BSD

#35 7 years ago

Yes please

#36 7 years ago

Day 1, I'm in.

#37 7 years ago

Is this release imminate or are we just hoping?

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is this release imminate or are we just hoping?

I'm just trying to will it into existence.

4 months later
#39 7 years ago

ColorDMD has some new clues up... maybe it's finally time? Fingers crossed!!!

#40 7 years ago

YES! The time has finally come... Glad someone else finally had the time and energy to do it. Looking forward to seeing what kind of choices they made for colors as the resolution of some of the animations is quite challenging.

Jaz

#41 7 years ago

I'm excited glad I decided to keep my BSD

It really is my favorite game when I think about it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-color-dmd-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.