You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-47.jpg
image-109.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Anyone here put in a bill acceptor on their Wizard Of Oz pin?
I mostly want one for fun. My machine will never see commercial use. Hey, it came with 2 quarter mechs, why not a bill acceptor.

What volt is it? I know there is a label with 3 brands listed, but I am see some other brand upstackers for cheap, but I don't know if they are compatible.
Anyone selling a bill acceptor for cheap?

#2 10 years ago

Sorry, I tried to post the Suzohapp directions, but the file didn't post so I edited this text.

Here is a link to it:

http://na.suzohapp.com/images/pdf/890106000-instructions.pdf

Still doesn't help with voltages etc.

#3 10 years ago

We have one...I can get the model # later if you need it but I think a standard upstacker is what you want. It plugs right into the game harness. There is already a connector for the dba just like on Sterns.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

We have one...I can get the model # later if you need it but I think a standard upstacker is what you want. It plugs right into the game harness. There is already a connector for the dba just like on Sterns.

PM sent

#5 10 years ago

It is an MEI AE2400 upstacker. I'll have to double check mine, but I think it is a 300 bill magazine.

http://www.meigroup.com/usa/amusement/amusement_products/bill_acceptors/ae2400/

#6 10 years ago

Doesn't the LE come with one?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doesn't the LE come with one?

Only if you are going to put it in a location for public play. That was Jack's initial offer when the game was announced.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Only if you are going to put it in a location for public play. That was Jack's initial offer when the game was announced.

Yep, that how we got it. It takes 5s too

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

It is an MEI AE2400 upstacker. I'll have to double check mine, but I think it is a 300 bill magazine.
http://www.meigroup.com/usa/amusement/amusement_products/bill_acceptors/ae2400/

Thanks for this info. At least I can now tell it runs on 110v
I may take a chance on a very inexpensive one on eBay.

#10 10 years ago

We used the space for something more usefull to the home market. Up and down master volume control plates. All though I think the stacker looks cool!image-47.jpgimage-47.jpgimage-109.jpgimage-109.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Now up on my site.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#11 10 years ago

For what this machine costs, it should come standard with a $100 bill acceptor just like the slot machines do!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

For what this machine costs, it should come standard with a $100 bill acceptor just like the slot machines do!

A NIB Mars AE2400 is around 300 dollars not 100.

#13 10 years ago

I was talking about a bill acceptor that takes up to hundred dollar bills.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from whocanitbenow:

I may take a chance on a very inexpensive one on eBay.

Check that the voltage is right, ( 110 VAC) and if it's able to be updated for new currency.

I bought a re manufactured one for my game. It's a AE 2631 D5, it takes $1's, $2's, $5's, $10's, and $20's.

LTG : )

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check that the voltage is right, ( 110 VAC) and if it's able to be updated for new currency.
I bought a re manufactured one for my game. It's a AE 2631 D5, it takes $1's, $2's, $5's, $10's, and $20's.

Isn't the AE 2631 D5 a down stacker?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Isn't the AE 2631 D5 a down stacker?

Mine's an upstacker. It was remanufactured so no idea what it once was.

#17 10 years ago

That's odd LTG. Maybe the faceplate on that model can be turned upside down making it a up stacker.
I just bought a MARS MEI AE 2411 last night on eBay for $80. Comes with the cable too.
Is your machine in service somewhere or did you just want one for fun too?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

That's odd LTG. Maybe the faceplate on that model can be turned upside down making it a up stacker.
I just bought a MARS MEI AE 2411 last night on eBay for $80. Comes with the cable too.
Is your machine in service somewhere or did you just want one for fun too?

A lot of the mars units you can change the face plate around and make it which ever way you want. Up or down. When I picked this one up, it's just the way it was. I took one of my other units to Changer Services to see about updating to new bills and found out it wasn't possible. I know people there so they sold me a reconditioned one for half their normal price.

The game is in service at my business. That is why I wanted to be able to take more than $1's.

#19 10 years ago

Lloyd, I feel like I should know this, but do you work for JJP or just consult?

#20 10 years ago

Lloyd, I feel like I should know this, but do you work for JJP or just consult?

See the location line by my avatar - JJP Tech Support, MN

I work for Jack. You call their number and hit the tech support extension, or send an email to service at jerseyjackpinball dot com - you get me.

#21 10 years ago

Montana is what was throwing me off.
Ok, I only asked because you mentioned you got a remanufactured bill acceptor, so I was saying to myself, why wouldn't you buy one directly from Jack at the factory if you were in New Jersey.
Guess that solves the Scooby Doo mystery

#22 10 years ago

Ok, I only asked because you mentioned you got a remanufactured bill acceptor, so I was saying to myself, why wouldn't you buy one directly from Jack at the factory if you were in New Jersey.

MN is Minnesota

#23 10 years ago

No idea where the Montana came from. ( MN is Minnesota, MT is Montana )

How this worked out was like this. I have spare bill validators on hand. Upstackers in a stack. I grab the top one and put it in WOZ. Wouldn't quite fit. Drove me nuts. Tried and tried. No go.

So I knew they had validators on them so I emailed Vince and asked how much to buy one. He forwards it to Jack who emails me that any MARS upstacker fits. Which is what I thought too.

So I grab another one, and CRAP. The first one I took had a different face. So we are in business for ones.

So the next morning I went to Changer Services where I know a lot of people from my old distributor to see about updating it for fives. And found out no longer possible. They sell remanufactured ones so I asked how much. It was around $350, he'd let me have one for $120, $50 more to take tens and twenties. So I went with the $170 model.

Took it home, put it in. Didn't work. Grrr Grrr Grrr. I'm pretty sick of validators at this point. So put a different one on so the game could at least take ones.

Got to thinking on this. Didn't want to drive back to the other side of the cities to exchange it. And then it hit me. They deal mostly with vending equipment. Check the switches on the unit. Yup, all set for vending. Flipped those little suckers and put it back in and all is right with the world.

Mystery solved.

#24 10 years ago

First off Lloyd, my bad on the mix up of which state your in.

How is a vending machine different than a pinball machine (amusement) as far as the bill acceptor goes?
When you say the unit you were trying wouldn't fit, did you mean physically wouldn't fit the Suzo-Happ door opening? What model was that?
My Mars 2411 acceptor should be delivered tomorrow, hopefully it wont have issues.
Good to know about those dip switches.

#25 10 years ago

How is a vending machine different than a pinball machine (amusement) as far as the bill acceptor goes?
When you say the unit you were trying wouldn't fit, did you mean physically wouldn't fit the Suzo-Happ door opening? What model was that?
My Mars 2411 acceptor should be delivered tomorrow, hopefully it wont have issues.
Good to know about those dip switches.

On my current model, a couple switches were for vending. Probably had to do with how the machine read the signals. Nothing to do with voltage.

My one that wouldn't fit was a MARS 2411, out of all the ones I bought new, it's face was slightly different. No idea why, and it fit in what ever pinball I had it in.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

#26 10 years ago

The dip switches should be set for "Always Enabled". If you set it to "Harness Enabled" then the bill acceptor is waiting for a ready signal from the host control PC board in a vending maching.

Mars also supplies different faceplates ("snouts" ) for their bill acceptors even within the same model number.

#27 10 years ago

Mine had an additional vending and gaming 2 switches.

#28 10 years ago

Hey Lloyd,
When you get a B/A and need to know if its flash upgradeable, the easiest way to tell ( besides from most saying it on the sensor cartridge ) is remove the sensor cartridge and look in the sensor window. If you see one IC then it is NOT flash upgradeable. If you see 2 ICs then it is.

Not sure if you were aware of that.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Wasn't, and thank you !

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Hey Lloyd,
When you get a B/A and need to know if its flash upgradeable, the easiest way to tell ( besides from most saying it on the sensor cartridge ) is remove the sensor cartridge and look in the sensor window. If you see one IC then it is NOT flash upgradeable. If you see 2 ICs then it is.

Lloyd, if you plugged that 2411 into your WOZ, would it at least take a bill and give the credits, or did you not bother since it didn't fit.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't, and thank you !

Welcome Lloyd.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Lloyd, if you plugged that 2411 into your WOZ, would it at least take a bill and give the credits, or did you not bother since it didn't fit.

I never plugged it in, I install first and then hook them up. It was working in what ever pin I pulled it out of.

Then the 2411 I stuck in did work for $1's. But for WOZ I knew I needed at least $5's for my location.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

WOZ I knew I needed at least $5's for my location

That's an awesome problem to have

#34 10 years ago

Finally got my bill acceptor in the mail and got it installed.
My WOZ feel a little more complete
Turned out to be a AE 2451. I moved a couple of dip switches and it works great.
I am wondering through, did the EC LE ship with pricing cards? Mine has just the free play card.

1 year later
#35 8 years ago

I had a Mars VFM2-L1 in a BDK, and tried switching it to WOZ. It doesn't exactly fit, but if I unscrew the plastic side thing (exposing the ribbon cables), then it fits. It accepts the bills, but doesn't credit up.

Either, this model doesn't work, or there is some trick I'm missing. (Like I know Stern has a menu option for enabling bill acceptors, but could find anything in the WOZ manual about this).

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

(Like I know Stern has a menu option for enabling bill acceptors, but could find anything in the WOZ manual about this).

The Stern menu doesn't enable them, it just puts the advertisement on the DMD for it. The validators have a setting for harness enable ( the validator does it )

You need to figure the switch settings you need inside the plastic side thing so the WOZ knows what it is and doing.

LTG : )™

#37 8 years ago

From an old post of mine on RGP :

Switch 1- on accepts $1 off rejects $1
switch 2 - on slow pulse off fast pulse ( you want fast pulse on Williams
pins usually )
switch 3- on accepts $5 off rejects $5
switch 4 not used
switch 5 switch 6 switch 7 # pulses / dollar
off off off 1
on off off 2
off on off 3
on on off 4
off off on 5
on off on 6
off on on 10
on on on 20
switch 8 on accepts bill one direction face up off accepts bill 2
directions face up

Switch 2 is the one to mess with.

1 month later
#38 8 years ago

That was perfect Lloyd - thanks! Turns out I had to flip just about every switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-acceptor-on-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.