(Topic ID: 208065)

Beware of scammer "linkpete" on eBay

By jzdziarski

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jzdziarski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Spent almost $600 on two new WPC89 MPU boards from linkpete. Arrived today. First one DOA. Transplanted the ROM to the second one, second one works. Guarantees his boards are tested and 100% working, but is now refusing to give any refunds. Trying to blame it on the buyers, "since he tested it". He also photoshopped the photos he took and is using an electronics kit from TwoBits. The +5 V LED doesn't even light, this is really poorly done.

Going to open a dispute with eBay/PayPal... in the meantime, I've tested C31 and its reporting 0 ohms on the multimeter, doesn't this suggest the capacitor is failing? It looks like a pretty shoddy solder job. Any other ideas on what circuits would be good to test in case I'm stuck with this pile of crap?

#3 6 years ago

Maybe, have to wait 3 days to escalate. This guy is being a real jackass about it. You send someone something defective, you give them a refund and let them return it. WTF is wrong with people.

#7 6 years ago

"This CPU has been fully burn in tested on a test bed and works 100%" I call BS.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Lets see the real pics of this thing

The twobits boards are actually pretty decent; there have been posts on here before. They're normally sold as kit boards. The auction photoshopped out the two-bit text on the lower-left of the board (when oriented properly), you can see it. It's as close to original WPC as you can get. http://pinball.center also sells WPC kits but you have to ship through Mailboxde.com to the US. I'm waiting on two MPU boards and two 8-driver boards, will report back when they arrive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jzdziarski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scammer-linkpete-on-ebay?tu=jzdziarski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.