Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#554 7 years ago

I have seen hundreds of shows. Many more I WISH I would have seen if I could go back like Frank Sinatra in Vegas, The original Four Tops to name a few....one of the best shows I have ever seen is Blackfield with Steven Wilson in Boston back in 2008. The sound, the band, the people, everything else is downhill from that experience.

1 week later
#584 7 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Saw Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson 7 times now, all time favorite for me, love every album, loved every show.
Lucky enough to get the setlists 6 out of 7 shows. Fear of a Dark Planet was so awesome, I flew up to Ohio to see it again with my brother. Every show stellar.
2001 - P.T. - Lightbulb Sun Tour - Nearfest - Zollner Art Center, Lehigh University, Bethlehem , Pennsylvania
2005 - P.T. - Deadwing Tour - House of Blues - Cleveland, Ohio setlist
2007 - P.T. - Fear of a Dark Planet Tour - House of Blues - Orlando, Florida setlist
2007 - P.T. - Fear of a Dark Planet Tour - House of Blues - Cleveland, Ohio setlist
2010 - P.T. - The Incident Tour - House of Blues - Orlando, Florida setlist
2011 - Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning Tour - House of Blues - Orlando, Florida setlist
2016 - Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase Tour - Plaza Live - Orlando, Florida setlist
Agree about Steven, Methos. I have 28 albums from this guy (Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, Blackfield, and No Man), all are amazing, no other artist comes close. He also worked with Opeth, etc., etc., etc.
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/porcupine-tree-mn0000854203/biography
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/steven-wilson-mn0000455886/biography

Wow. I'm jealous! I actually have the Nearfest PA show on a boot and it's great to listen to. My favorite project of his is PT, and I'm still very dissapointed that the project is over. I never got into his solo material as much as PT, although Hand Cannot Erase is very close. His first solo albums just didn't resonate with me as much. My first PT concert was Fear, and I saw them on the Incident. I really wish I would have made the Deadwing tour. Deadwing has to be my favorite PT album. It's perfect in every way.

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Didn't do that one. Was into Johnny Cash most of my life. Saw him either in 81 or 82 at Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor. Years earlier, at the Air Conditioned Cobo Arena and in 83 or 84 at the Premier Center and again there in 87 or 88.

The Man in Black was another one I missed out on due to my ignorance at a young age.

I always ask older music fans about those older shows, from the 50's - 70's....to try and get an idea of what it was like. Just think that very few people around today ever saw The Beatles or Elvis in concern. My quest is to find someone who saw Buddy Holly, Dave Clark Five, or Patsy Cline. My dad saw the Beatles, I know Elvis's Karate instructor and have had many great conversations on him, and I did find someone who saw Holly at the Eagles Club in Milwaukee a few nights before he died. I have yet to find someone who saw Patsy Cline in concert.

1 week later
#598 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I saw Elvis a few times, including 1977 a few months before he died, up in Detroit.
We slipped in with a Super8 movie camera and a little audio recorder. No metal detectors back then.
Never cared enough about the Beatles to go see them. To us, they were a pop band for kids, like One Direction would be today.

What do you remember about the Elvis concerts? Did he still have any of "it", or was it all washed out by then?

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I went to Graceland last year, it was very cool.
The most amazing thing I learnt that day was they said that Elvis never recorded a song he had written.
That astounded me.
rd

He didn't really need to.

4 months later
#641 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Probably not the best concert I've ever been to, but we went and saw Foreigner on Sunday and they were GREAT! I was blown away by how amazing they sounded. Just like the albums. I'm 26 and love Foreigner. I don't listen to a whole lot of 80s stuff but they're one of my favorites from that period.

Is Lou back with them?

I am the only person on planet Earth who thinks that Inside Information is a 4 star album.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-concert-you-ever-attended?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.