Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a Bally Lost World. I had everything working correctly before I tore it down for cleaning and touchups. Now all the lamps work, EXCEPT the eleven center bonus lights...
I don’t see what these lights have in common. These lights are turned on from different parts of the lamp driver board. They do not work in test mode. They do flicker with all the other ones on start up. I have already tested or replaced all connectors. All lights have 5.8volts going to the sockets. I also checked/tested with a working MPU and got the same... I don’t have a spare Lamp Driver board...
Any thoughts will be helpful!

#2 3 years ago

power is carried to all of these sockets via the bare wire. This bare wire must be connected at both ends. Trace the bare wire back and make sure it doesn't have a break and is connected to insulated wires at both ends.

#3 3 years ago

Just checked for connection to both ends(not sure why it would need to be both ends, but it is.)
No breaks in the wires- also the 2x, 3x, 5x, and Shoot Again lights are along the same wire and do work.
Thanks for thinking with me.

#4 3 years ago

I still have a headache bump

#5 3 years ago

Have you tried placing the game in lamp test mode and then running a jumper wire from a working feature light to the tab on the non working lamps?

#6 3 years ago

The bases of the lamp socket are all tied together with the 6.3v DC Switched Il bus. Try jumpering the common base of a working lamp to the bus of your nonworking lamps. I'll wager the bus connection is open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lanham, MD
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 185.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lost-world-lamp-issues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.