(Topic ID: 328133)

Pinside, community build in the spirit of the original Norris 3 spinner design.

By vdojaq

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 417 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4e3afcf779d9a7ef3bba8451dc5e4dfc--waves-funny-friendship (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    3spinners.gif
    your-fired-trump-meme (resized).jpg
    321306880_5325447310893816_8383416183673696242_n.jpg
    3XCP.gif
    image (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221226-103746 (resized).png
    20221226_112002 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AA37C45F-A8A3-4190-BA2C-7CE89BF298A1 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221225-213055 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 12.53.51 PM (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_gonzo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Here's the deal folks. I talked it over with a bunch of people and truthfully i've been second guessing the entire ordeal for awhile now but especially since John's post was locked and spotlight was given to me. I feel as though the main drive for everyone originally starting this project was based on ill-intentions because of the GWJ Iceman thread which I'm not going to comment on. the appeal of having the newbie apprentice build something faster then John was too sexy not to contemplate. And i would've been more then happy to give it my serious dedication. But now that John's post is locked and all the attention has been spotlighted onto me. I feel as though people are starting to see past the sexiness of what we all wanted accomplished and we're starting to slow down now and actually say. "Hey is this really a good idea to sponsor?" We're all friends here and I'm happy to have met some of the greatest minds on pinside and to be welcomed in such a unreal way. but none of you know me. none of you have seen me work, you have no idea of my capabilities and i don't feel comfortable or great with that.
    Even i was trying to convince myself that even with all the great minds behind this project and that it was a community effort that it couldn't possibly fail. was stupid. I'm not going to make excuses my ego probably got the better of me and the praise and the desirableness of it was too good to pass up but i gotta vent. I'm stressed as fucked.
    If Kim is still interested in donation towards having the actual wood sent down here. I will accept that and work something out personally with him. Kim can work something out personally with Ben Heck in regards to that. But i will not be accepting donations towards anything else. No parts. no Computers or money or anything. I do not want to feel guilty doing anything related to pinball. I do not want people to feel like i'm a byproduct of GWJ. I try to take pride in my work. this is something i cannot take pride with because it can always just not work. or mess up. There is so many issues that can happen i don't want other people to deal or face with. So if this goes any further then where we are right now. I'm going to be sourcing the parts myself. I may ask people questions sometimes but i'm not going to ask for peoples donations. and i'm not going to accept them either.
    Iceman, I'm sorry the way things worked out with you and GWJ, And i still stand by the statement that i'm not involved in your ordeal. And it's between you and him 100%, but i'll be honest man. I would of really loved to of seen you get that whitewood. And i gotta learn to forgive at some point so. I don't know. No hard feelings buddy. I think your pinball collection is pretty wicked.
    Sorry folks but i gotta grow up. This is way too wild and the people bringing up valid questions and concerns. even though i could bullshit my way through all of them and say 'I have the community behind me!' is not enough for me to comfortably say 100% that i can do this. and if i'm not 100% on something then i'm not going to do it. 50/50 is too risky for peoples money. And please don't harass anyone, John may of came up with the idea but i rolled with it and am ultimately responsible for concocting this wild spin-off of the daily main series toxic nonsense.

Avi, here's the thing I think you should understand about donations. I've got parts in my garage and basement that have been lying around because someday I might need them. Turns out I probably never will, and would rather give them to someone that can. I guarantee there's a lot of others here that are in the same boat. So it really is no trouble for me to rummage around and see if I have something you can use. It's a benefit to me to clear stuff out, and I'd be happy to ship to you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_gonzo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aviroo-the-apprentice-build-of-the-original-norris-3-spinner-design?tu=dr_gonzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.