(Topic ID: 328133)

Pinside, community build in the spirit of the original Norris 3 spinner design.

By vdojaq

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 417 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4e3afcf779d9a7ef3bba8451dc5e4dfc--waves-funny-friendship (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    3spinners.gif
    your-fired-trump-meme (resized).jpg
    321306880_5325447310893816_8383416183673696242_n.jpg
    3XCP.gif
    image (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221226-103746 (resized).png
    20221226_112002 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AA37C45F-A8A3-4190-BA2C-7CE89BF298A1 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221225-213055 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 12.53.51 PM (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 1 year ago

I’m taking a break from the drama for a bit as well. Some of y’all are just too toxic. Like some of you guys really need to take a step back and take a breath.

I’ll work on my build this winter, or not.

I’ll check in after new years (if this thread hasn’t been locked by then)

Avi, you’re a great kid. Feel free to PM me when you need help wiring something up, if you feel like it.

#352 1 year ago

C’mon everyone.. we're all here for the three spinners, so let’s tone down the drama and remember what's actually important.

3spinners.gif3spinners.gif
    #353 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

New fiasco or losing your email account a few months ago?

I believe it was his a Hammer fiasco

#354 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m taking a break from the drama for a bit as well. Some of y’all are just too toxic. Like some of you guys really need to take a step back and take a breath.
    Avi, you’re a great kid. Feel free to PM me when you need help wiring something up, if you feel like it.

Agreed. John is gonna do what he wants to do and it’s impossible to escape that. I don’t need to waste mental energy trying to deal with him in yet another thread. Time to take a break. If anyone wants to try something here that they feel I can contribute to feel free to PM me as well.

#355 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I will continue to post my beer count here until things settle down

John, correct me if I'm wrong, but in one of your former threads, didn't the moderators warn you not to continually post about your beers?
    Please consider this.

#356 1 year ago

Avi, every once in a while just refer back to post #'s 162 & 233

#357 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I don't even quite know if i can rely on John…

You can’t. Nobody can. Maybe just maybe the Operator can but I am not entirely clear on the relationship. But you may be.

Bottom line with everything in John’s documented history is he cannot be relied upon. He is a nice guy but his word is shit. His work ethic is shit. And he’s an alcoholic. In denial. Now that’s the worst.

If I were you (And I once was) I’d putter away on my own projects for as long as you can while maintaining a healthy work environment with my superiors. Focus on that last one. Seriously.

#358 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Jack, please don't start another thread for John.

Can't john just start his own .... or not
    easier then migrating email accounts

#359 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm quitting. John is acting weird, Everyone here is being baited into the weirdness, like the last thread it's turning into toxicness. I'm going to make a donation to Ben Heck for the time he wasted putting up with me and this thread. Treybo you have one rolling. Beech might be interested, All the documents are public domain. Knock yourself out guys. I'm not commenting or posting on thread anymore. Continued use of this thread is dangerous for ones health and i'm highly considering some unsavoury thoughts.

#360 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

John, correct me if I'm wrong, but in one of your former threads, didn't the moderators warn you not to continually post about your beers?
    Please consider this.

John will be banned from this thread before the nights over. Mark my words.

#361 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

John will be banned from this thread before the nights over. Mark my words.

One can only hope

#362 1 year ago

Avi you don't owe me a single cent. Not even a loony cent

#363 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Well, in half a day we had Ben offering to CNC the wood if I paid for it with shipping from Wisconsin to Michigan. I have my friend lined up to build the cabinet. More progress in 6 hours than others in 6 months.
    But this was all dependant on Jon Norris'blessing, which has not yet been given. Still awaiting a response.
    Avi, if you have any shot of building this, you will need resources. Not accepting funds for the build will make it extremely difficult to accomplish. You may want to rethink that.
    Either way, if Norris is cool with a community build, I would love to do my part on assembly and getting it off the ground. Riefepeters you are only 15 minutes from me. We could tackle the white wood together, with help from any other locals as well
    Again, just ideas at this point until Norris chimes in.

Ha ha, I heard you loud and clear my friend.

Beech, you and I go back a long ways and it's ok if we disagree, right? I don't have any hard feeling towards you or anyone else I recently down-voted or spoke out against. We just see things differently on this issue is all. Shit happens.

And BTW, I'm hoping Jon Norris gives you the go ahead. - In fact, I'll want to play your version of the game along with TreyBo69's version and Avi's.

Giddy-up

#364 1 year ago

On a lighter note, I just saved 15% on my car insurance...

#365 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Ha ha, I heard you loud and clear my friend.
    Beech, you and I go back a long ways and it's ok if we disagree, right? I don't have any hard feeling towards you or anyone else I recently down-voted or spoke out against. We just see things differently on this issue is all. Shit happens.
    And BTW, I'm hoping Jon Norris gives you the go ahead. - In fact, I'll want to play your version of the game along with TreyBo69's version and Avi's.
    Giddy-up

No worries. I am simply amazed how quickly these threads can devolve into lunacy!

"Hey, it's only pinball"

#366 1 year ago
    Quoted from dscapo:

It’s going great. Everything is finally in focus.

Finally taking shape as intended. Thing of beauty.

#367 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:i'm highly considering some unsavoury thoughts.

Well, this is kind of concerning. Take it from an old guy...perspective is a wonderful thing and in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters. It's just a bunch of guys talking about a toy.

Take a few deep breaths. I'm sorry that John is acting weird toward you but as you're well aware, the guy is kinda....eccentric. Take some time away and enjoy your guitar, your family and the fact that you have your entire life ahead of you. Your life is just beginning while quite a few of us are in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs.

#368 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm hoping Jon Norris gives you the go ahead. - In fact, I'll want to play your version of the game along with TreyBo69's version and Avi's.
    Giddy-up

To be fair, it won't be my version, it would be Jons. True to the original design with only modifications that may be necessary due to geometry or space requirements of mechs etc. And it would be a true community build that many can put their talents into.

That being said, Treybo's pin will have a different take on it, and I think that's great. That dude is a walking brainstorm of amazing ideas.

My only hope is this thread can rise up to a more positive place. Pinball is hard, but it is also fun!

#369 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Well, this is kind of concerning. Take it from an old guy...perspective is a wonderful thing and in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters. It's just a bunch of guys talking about a toy.
    Take a few deep breaths. I'm sorry that John is acting weird toward you but as you're well aware, the guy is kinda....eccentric. Take some time away and enjoy your guitar, your family and the fact that you have your entire life ahead of you. Your life is just beginning while quite a few of us are in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs.

In a private message, I suggested that Avi check out the Sub-Forum's for tech and restorations, maybe join something over there. Much less drama.

I hate to see him go but I think he's once again, made a good decision for himself.

#370 1 year ago

Question.
    Can't everyone just use the 'ignore' feature to not have to see any of John's or Ice's or MY or whoever's posts again?
    Isn't that the best solution?
    As it is we're 8 pages into a thread that's circled back to the beginning.
    It's obvious John only came here to poison it further.
    Or can a thread OP block problem people from posting in that thread?

#371 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

Question.
    Can't everyone just use the 'ignore' feature to not have to see any of John's or Ice's or MY or whoever's posts again?

Only moderators can ban people from threads.

But yes, the ignore feature is too often ignored on pinside.

#372 1 year ago

In all honesty, I love his enthusiasm and no disrespect ... but Avi has less chance than John of building a fully functional machines
    this thread needs to die ... or not

#374 1 year ago

Anyone here besides me a leftover from the RGP newsgroup days? I’m enjoying GWJ in this thread about as much as I did Frank Furter’s antics.

I also vote to have John banned from the thread. Moderators? Does the thread owner need to initiate the ban?

#375 1 year ago

I have not been moderated & sad that Avi has given up. You guys need to have a close look at yourself. I am not here to poison your group build, & tried my best to provide what Jon Norris supplied since my computer fiasco. Ben you really have a problem with that, providing the file info? Wish you guys good luck & build as many true or altered Jon Norris 3 spinner games as you can. You guys can likely look past any goodwill on my part to Avi by providing him some advice & training. A place to do his projects at no charge, & my advice is to buy the Domino pin to fix & sell. I will try to leave this thread alone, but keep up the trash talk about me & my past projects! Avi I have not gone weird but the past few days drama has taken a toll on the coach & myself. Better that build goes private, & the community group build can be the spotlight.

#376 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

To be fair, it won't be my version, it would be Jons. True to the original design with only modifications that may be necessary due to geometry or space requirements of mechs etc.

You gonna go with the original 7 drop target bank?

#3144 greatwichjohn
    Changes were already done by Jon with the original 7 drop target bank being changed to a 5 & 4 fixed targets behind for Cash & Money per my request on Trailer Trash pin.

#377 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

Question.

I'm guilty of not putting anyone on ignore. The thing is even if I ignore him others will respond which will feed his ego and need for attention. Then there will be more posts from him and it will end up being John's daily blog about beer and spoiled food. I find his daily blog somewhat entertaining but I don't want the thread to be taken over with it. If John started his own thread I'd read it from time to time but I would expect it to be John's daily blog, not what is supposed to be a thread about pinball. His current attitude is the other thread was closed so I HAVE to post beer counts here. Um,.....nope.

#378 1 year ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

You gonna go with the original 7 drop target bank?
    #3144 greatwichjohn
    Changes were already done by Jon with the original 7 drop target bank being changed to a 5 & 4 fixed targets behind for Cash & Money per my request on Trailer Trash pin.

Good point and it is noted.

#379 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I have not been moderated & sad that Avi has given up. You guys need to have a close look at yourself.

Do you own a mirror? Your post is laughable. I don't hate you. I just want your daily musings in a separate thread. As I just posted above, I'd read it because I'd it expect it to be a blog about you. I just want it separate so it doesn't take over entire threads. Keep your head up man. People harassed you about your self imposed time lines because you set them and didn't make them. I doubt anyone here HATES you.

#380 1 year ago

I walked away from this thread for about 3 hours to collect my thoughts.

I originally opened this thread to differentiate a GWJ build vs an Avi build. I thought that would be the fair thing to do for all involved because that was GWJ's build with his Coach. Avi's build was going to be helped with donations and parts from the pinside crowd. That is it, period. After seeing the complete shit show this was becoming because of a certain few people who cannot leave good enough alone, I did try to intervene and quickly change the focus to the comminity build.

The few of you that wish to accuse me of any other other reasoning than what I just explained, you have your own issues. This whole I want to take over, I told Avi to build the Norris design, I will be doing the building is ridiculous. What are some of you smoking? Control what? What am I going to control? A thread? Whoop de fucking doo! I have been fired, yeah OK.

Avi, I am sorry, you seem to be a great kid. I didn't mean any harm for you, but you do need some growing up here. Go with your own gut, your own thought process and do what you are going to do. Your decisions over the last 24 hours have changed so many times based on whoever has given you the best advice at that particular time, that no one can keep track. You were put under a lot of unnecessary pressure. You do not owe anyone any apologies, especially the Coach.

I changed the name to a "Pinside Community Build". If anyone cannot handle that, then please leave. This thread is for those who want to see the original Norris design to be built.

John(GWJ) you are not banned from this thread, but you have been told this is not the place for your beer counts, food adventures or to blame anyone else for your short commings. Take the poor me and your coach and start your own thread.

#381 1 year ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Anyone here besides me a leftover from the RGP newsgroup days? I’m enjoying GWJ in this thread about as much as I did Frank Furter’s antics.
    I also vote to have John banned from the thread. Moderators? Does the thread owner need to initiate the ban?

I am not going to ask for anyone to be banned, not even my Pinside stalker. John just needs to start his own thread if he wants to continue posting his daily walks of life.

#382 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

John, I started that thread and I also shut it down which I have publicly posted, so please stop telling others you didn't shut it down. We are aware.
    John, the reason I had the thread locked is because you had already missed 3 deadlines, Iceman was pulling funding, and he told a 19 year old kid to fuck off. It was ugly and there was no longer any shred of positivity there.
    This is not the place for your personal check ins.
    Start your own thread. Click the box that reads "start a new thread" and you can post all day long whatever you want.

With all of his alcohol consumption of late, there is little doubt he's able to understand or process any of this as he's shown.

#383 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

His current attitude is the other thread was closed so I HAVE to post beer counts here. Um,.....nope.

For some reason it doesn't seem john has been moderated much. He was harassing Haggis and pretty much calling them frauds, demanding to see pics of employees and production lines before they released Fathom. It doesn't seem he was reined in there either, but mods do pretty good with problems elsewhere.

#384 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I originally opened this thread to differentiate a GWJ build vs an Avi build.

Let Avi start one if he wants.

And it’s clear from his post below, he has no interest in this thread. I’d close it.

#385 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

For some reason it doesn't seem john has been moderated much. He was harassing Haggis and pretty much calling them frauds, demanding to see pics of employees and production lines before they released Fathom. It doesn't seem he was reined in there either, but mods do pretty good with problems elsewhere.

I said people should be cautious about the real lack of communication. Things could still go south for people, as we have seen even the big players need financial help. Pinball is hard!
    Continue on with your build. I gave you guys what I received from Jon Norris, which likely someone in the group likely already had. Sorry for trying to help out.

#386 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Let Avi start one if he wants.

That’s just madness. How could anything ever possibly get accomplished without the glorious wisdom of random pinsiders cracking the whip and armchair quarterbacking everything?

I mean, just imagine if Stern had to run their business without the expertise of pinsiders. Chaos!

#387 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Avi, I am sorry, you seem to be a great kid. I didn't mean any harm for you, but you do need some growing up here. Go with your own gut, your own thought process and do what you are going to do. Your decisions over the last 24 hours have changed so many times based on whoever has given you the best advice at that particular time, that no one can keep track. You were put under a lot of unnecessary pressure. You do not owe anyone any apologies, especially the Coach.

I do not mind taking responsibility over my indecisiveness over the period of the last 2 days in regards to if i was going to build or not build it. I did essentially take the advice as it came and based my overall project status on that, But i also feel as though there is more to that. Alot of people encouraged me at the start including John to build an original norris design. I took the idea and ran with it on my own, John's thread was locked and this thread morphed into a different monster all on it's own. But, just keep in mind. You were the one that decided without consulting me that you would be honoured to open a thread.

I'm not claiming victim or innocence, I fucked up. but so did you and alot of other people. Let's call it like it is, it's alot of peoples fault and it's okay because nobody got scammed or ripped off in the end, Alot of people on this forum have to 'grow up' me included. I offered to make a donation towards Ben Heck for his time and feel satisfied enough that i tried to make amends for the storm that was trailer trash and this thread. - You should close this thread. it's serving little to no purpose now.

#388 1 year ago

Hopefully someone brings Jon’s layout to life, and doesn’t change it. It’s a fantastic layout. Not sure why none of the manufacturers don’t have him on the payroll.

#389 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This thread is for those who want to see the original Norris design to be built.

Then why don't we support Mr. Norris in completing this design/build instead of a 19 year old newbie...???
    And I mean no disrespect to Avi but the facts are the facts & I hope only the best for the guy.

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Then why don't we support Mr. Norris in completing this design/build instead of a 19 year old newbie...???

From what I understand Mr. Norris has no desire to build, just design. And we are way beyond the 19 yr old newbie stuff.

#391 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I do not mind taking responsibility over my indecisiveness over the period of the last 2 days in regards to if i was going to build or not build it. I did essentially take the advice as it came and based my overall project status on that, But i also feel as though there is more to that. Alot of people encouraged me at the start including John to build an original norris design. I took the idea and ran with it on my own, John's thread was locked and this thread morphed into a different monster all on it's own. But, just keep in mind. You were the one that decided without consulting me that you would be honoured to open a thread.
    I'm not claiming victim or innocence, I fucked up. but so did you and alot of other people. Let's call it like it is, it's alot of peoples fault and it's okay because nobody got scammed or ripped off in the end, Alot of people on this forum have to 'grow up' me included. I offered to make a donation towards Ben Heck for his time and feel satisfied enough that i tried to make amends for the storm that was trailer trash and this thread. - You should close this thread. it's serving little to no purpose now.

If I fucked up opening a thread for you, so be it, guilty as charged. But it is no longer about you, so no, not closing the thread.

#392 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

From what I understand Mr. Norris has no desire to build, just design. And we are way beyond the 19 yr old newbie stuff.

Fair enough... wonder if he knows anyone capable to build it with backing...???

#393 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully someone brings Jon’s layout to life, and doesn’t change it. It’s a fantastic layout. Not sure why none of the manufacturers don’t have him on the payroll.

He got blacklisted at some point.

#394 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That is the plan being implemented by some of us. It will be a community effort. Maybe a first in pinside history.

#395 1 year ago

So wait, the trailer trash game never got made?!

Shocking!

#396 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shocking!

But you did show up just in time to be able to tell everyone what they need to do to make it happen… so all is not lost.

#397 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

But you did show up just in time to be able to tell everyone what they need to do to make it happen… so all is not lost.

I may be the only person on Pinside who doesn’t have awesome ideas on how to make pinball machines. I got nothin!

#398 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I may be the only person on Pinside who doesn’t have awesome ideas on how to make pinball machines. I got nothin!

Oddly enough, crazylevi multiball will be a mode in the new pinside pinball machine.

#399 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I got no awesome ideas either. I'd rather be in Levi's boat!

#400 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shocking!

I knew sooner or later the strike would happen

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aviroo-the-apprentice-build-of-the-original-norris-3-spinner-design/page/8?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.