• Latest reply 4 years ago by misterschu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

VID_20191128_221525 (resized).png
IMG_20191128_213736 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dobo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I bought an atari space riders the other day and I'm looking for some advise. I cleaned it up and it looks really good now. I turned on the machine and it fires all the coils and lights off and on, off and on, off and on and then the speaker makes a weird noise. That's it. So then I shut it off. I don't know where to start with these machines and I see the mpu has a lot of traces that has been fixed with wires. I'm waiting for a manual I got on e-bay for the machine. But one thing I know the lights and coils work! I think it might be a quick fix but where do I start?

#4 4 years ago

This is a pic of the mpu. I have a video on what the machine does. When I would close the door or just hit the door button in and the game is on it would start to do this. I'm not sure if there is any sound in the video but just image all the solenoids turn off and on with the lights.

IMG_20191128_213736 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_213736 (resized).jpgVID_20191128_221525 (resized).pngVID_20191128_221525 (resized).png
#6 4 years ago

yeah I tried didn't work out

#7 4 years ago

Maybe this will work

#10 4 years ago

no I turn the machine on with the door open and push the door switch in and then it starts doing that. So basically when you have the machine on and the front door closed. I ordered a manual for the game and I will start with that.

2 weeks later
#11 4 years ago

I had a look at the machine today. I checked all the voltages at the fuses on the power supply. All of them were good accept the solenoids and lamps. There was no voltage at the fuse holders, which is weird because it seems like that is the only things working, but just wrong. It seems like the solenoids and lamps are getting there power through the logic circuit. When I take the logic fuse out and turn the machine on the lights and solenoids don't work. I checked all the bridge rectifiers on the power supply and they seem good. When I did disconnect the aux board it seems like the lamps go off when turned on but the solenoids keep going off and on. I'm not sure where to go next but I know I have to get the voltages right for the lights and the solenoids.

#13 4 years ago

That's ok it looks like I should have 17vac at the lamps. And It says 0V at the solenoid fuse. But it seems like there is a relay kit with a diode cr22, that keeps going off and on with the lamps and solenoids. I checked the diode and it seems like I have resistance both way so I ordered a new diode 1N4005. I figured I would start there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dobo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-spce-riders?tu=dobo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.