Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by dobo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

VID_20191128_221525 (resized).png
IMG_20191128_213736 (resized).jpg

#1 12 days ago

I bought an atari space riders the other day and I'm looking for some advise. I cleaned it up and it looks really good now. I turned on the machine and it fires all the coils and lights off and on, off and on, off and on and then the speaker makes a weird noise. That's it. So then I shut it off. I don't know where to start with these machines and I see the mpu has a lot of traces that has been fixed with wires. I'm waiting for a manual I got on e-bay for the machine. But one thing I know the lights and coils work! I think it might be a quick fix but where do I start?

#2 12 days ago

Might want to start by checking out the test button (should be on the door). It might be stuck or shorted.

#4 11 days ago

This is a pic of the mpu. I have a video on what the machine does. When I would close the door or just hit the door button in and the game is on it would start to do this. I'm not sure if there is any sound in the video but just image all the solenoids turn off and on with the lights.

IMG_20191128_213736 (resized).jpgVID_20191128_221525 (resized).png
#5 11 days ago
Quoted from dobo:

This is a pic of the mpu. I have a video on what the machine does.

The video did not post. All I got was a .png file.

#6 11 days ago

yeah I tried didn't work out

#7 11 days ago

Maybe this will work

#8 7 days ago

I think you said this starts after you push the test button? What does it do before you push the test button?

I'm guessing you switched it off at the end there? It appears to be resetting over and over. If the computer isn't working properly it will reset by itself about 4 times per second and try to regain control. (If you have a logic probe or a scope this can be checked at chip A10, pin 9.) It seems like that is what's happening.

Not sure about your tech level but all the power supply voltages will need to be checked, and then the board probably needs to go on the bench for repair.

#9 7 days ago

I have a space riders and ended up sending both the mpu and auxiliary boards to -ebay.com link » Atari Pinball Machine Cpu Board Repair Service He did a great job on the boards.

I also have a spare working auxiliary board if needed.

#10 7 days ago

no I turn the machine on with the door open and push the door switch in and then it starts doing that. So basically when you have the machine on and the front door closed. I ordered a manual for the game and I will start with that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside