4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Oaken
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

First off as the title says, this isn't about pinball but plenty of you guys have redone games rooms, etc.
Ok, 14 months ago, I paid $11000 to have central a/c installed into my new home. My sales guy said it would be close to double if I had the builder install it, so I went to another company after the house was build.
I contracted a nationwide dealer and from day one, it has been a nightmare. I have had honestly 15+ service calls and it still isn't fixed 100% yet. ( A wall in the house rattles badly when one unit runs ). They know what the problem is but don't want to fix it properly. ( they ran all the lines for both units through one hole, so they touch each other and the foundation, causing a rattle. ) I was told the proper way to repair this would be to drill a separate hole and run each unit through one hole. They want to fill the hole with spray foam.
After what seems like endless service calls, I come to find out, the breakers installed for the units were both 40's and should have been 25 and 30. So, I begin to wonder how this is even possible, I mean didn't someone sign off on this very dangerous situation? I call the city and come to find out, said company, never even applied for a permit to complete the work!!
That was the breaking point for me and YES, I should have probably been more involved in the process and realized this earlier but I work everyday, my wife gets the pleasure of dealing with these clowns, not me. The contract states, they look after everything from start to finish, including the permit, calling for marking services, finding allowable placement locations, etc. So, I thought it was all good.
So, I emailed sales and gave them one last chance to make this right or I was going to contact the BBB. They replied right away, the permit was applied for with-in 2 hours and a blanket offer of $500 was given. Along with a promise to repair the rattle but they still want to use spray foam, clearly the much cheaper way to repair.
Sorry for the rant, I am beyond pissed about this whole situation and the fact my family lived in a potentially dangerous situation for the last 14 months. Just wondering if you guys think $500 is appropriate for this?? That is what they offer everyone who complains, so I'm not sure its acceptable in this case?
Thoughts??

You might be able to get them to fix it "properly" with the second hole and some compensation IF they make you sign a non disclosure report not to give them a bad rap on review sites. Seen that lately in the news. Could you hold them hostage with a bad review if they don't fix it the way it needs to be?

#5 4 years ago

If they pulled their permit now, at least it should be inspected. If they pay you your $500 for hardship and nuisance, it's help and a (color dmd)

If there's an inspection, i'd make sure the guy/gal goes through it like a fine tooth comb.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/appropriate-compensation-not-pinball-related?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.