(Topic ID: 349897)

A.P. says Tanks! But nothing is over until we say it's over!

By vdojaq

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 983 posts
  • 206 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
lunchboxes (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
Rollie_Fingers_-_San_Diego_Padres (resized).jpg
CB0D00DE-88FC-4461-84FE-2268DC8BE01D (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
creemee (resized).jpg
iceCream.gif
Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 3.52.06?PM (resized).png
courtMartial.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider idahorealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#328 3 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I had HotWheels and LOV and both were built like tanks and super fun games...They f'd up big time with GTF, hopefully they get back on track.

Agree. I own Oktoberfest, owned Hot Wheels, and nearly bought Houdini. AP impressed me a lot from the start. High quality pins at a comparatively low price point. Hell, Oktoberfest is at least as loaded as any JJP LE. Nobody was complaining about the quality or the prices. All they needed was a good licensed theme to hit the big time sales-wise. Then they made GTF. I don't know WTF they were thinking. They basically asked Dialed In to "Hold my beer." A guaranteed sales flop regardless of how good or bad it turned put to be. This is like when Zingy Bingy killed Capcom pinball. I am genuinely confused as to why so many pinball companies have made terrible choices on the most important aspect that drives sales; the theme. It doesn't seem that hard to know what the community wants or doesn't want. I could do it. I'd do it for free. Call me anytime. Someone in the room should've said "Hell no! What are you trying to put us out of busines?" when this rediculous idea was floated. GTF never should've made it past the white board. There are dozens of licensed themes that would've sold 10x better.

#362 3 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Stern makes 600 games a week. AP 300 a year. Probably easier time getting a discount on a bad stern game than a bad ap game. the demand is not quite 100x for a stern. I don't think there are many AP games sitting in warehouses anywhere. But there's probably at least a thousand venom machines looking for homes right now!

Stern is not selling 30k games this year. I doubt they ever have.

#396 3 months ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

#1 listening to Kaneda is like buying lifetime passes to Thegameseum (See what I did there CrazyLevi)
#2 AP was at IAPPA and GTF was a very fun game, beat the $hit out of venom and especially that 007 (wtf was Stern Thinking)
Given the issues with this latest batch of Stern Stranger things pins with whispers even people wanting refunds due to alleged persistant manufacturing defects.... with screen and projector issues... that makes me sad as it's a beautiful looking game, but the pro is a pass
Unlike foo fighters pro, that's a perfect route game.

Our takes differ a lot. My understanding is Stranger Pro earns vety well. Seems like a better horse to bet on than Foo Pro for most locations. Fun pin and massively popular theme.

I heard a couple guys got projectors with focus problems in the new batch premiums, which Stern took care of. Those projectors aren't made by Stern. Not sure what manufacturing defects you're referring to. I owned a Stranger LE and now a 2023 Premium and Stern did manage to make a few improvements.

Pretty harsh on Bond. That pin has shaped up nicely. The owners I know seem to love it now.

#547 3 months ago
Quoted from JohnMatrix:

This is like AOC math. A million dollars in sales would be an unmitigated disaster.

AOC math. Love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider idahorealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-they-need-to-sell-tanks-or-it-s-all-over?tu=idahorealtor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.