(Topic ID: 301617)

Any OPs going to $1.50 with Godzilla Prem?

By Three60in

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 328 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Route pricing. Should it be changed?”

• $1.50 is the new normal. 20 votes
    10%
  • Its understandable when games are $9k. Go ahead and change it. $1.50 39 votes
    19%
  • $1.25 for prem/LEs 7 votes
    3%
  • Heck no. $1 is what it needs to be. 137 votes
    67%

(203 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
f978946fd5e66b9c262949cabd36def5d5f3fb4e (resized).jpg
cant understand pinball controls.gif
jjPotC 1.50 price card.jpg
nope (resized).jpg
Bk2k (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 2 years ago

I would not pay 2 bucks a play, just because Stern upped the price, and knowing that owner will take a 20k play game and turn around and sell it for nib price. Cry me a river on that but I'll take the beer and play my games at home.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Routed games usually don't get anywhere near NIB price.
LTG : )

I wish we still lived in usual times. Here is a game with 15k plays, cost 200 less than my most recent nib.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-pro-71

By all means, increase your price to $2 and see what happens. I honestly doubt the casual player will drop that... just my opinion.

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

At some point were going to have to accept that dollars are the new quarters. It will take more than one to play a game.

I'll consider myself lucky for the time being, with great NC breweries and LEs on location 3 plays/$2, 1 play/$1.

nope (resized).jpgnope (resized).jpg

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

After 2 years of 50 a week

Is this a real number for ops? 50 bucks a week per game? I'd be surprised if the games at my location did not pull in at least 50 per day, the place is always bumping. Perhaps this is the problem, you need to put your games in a more popular spot.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If you can spend $8 on a shitty beer than you can pay $2 for pinball.

If someone is desperate enough to pay 8 bucks for crap beer they are likely enough to pay 2 bucks for a game of pinball. We can get killer beers for 5 bucks. Just because some are happy enough to get f'd in the a doesn't make it right for everyone.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Amazing to me that all these people (not pointing at you btw..) that pay $7000-$10,000 for new pinball machines won’t pay
ONLY
TWO
FUCKING
DOLLARS
to play one.
Just blows my mind.
rd

I've been happy to have owned a few pros, but if I were to buy Godzilla it seems like too much missing from the premium.

Lots of big baller money spending folks on here who regularly buy LEs and premiums. I'm not certain these are the same people complaining about ushering in $2/play as the new normal. I started my pinball adventure low and slow, returning games back into the community in a better condition than I found them. At this time I am not comfortable paying 9k for a premium, I simply cannot afford that.

I'm not incredibly wealthy, and I'm not a terribly great player so half of my games are over rather quickly. I might play one or two games at an inflated price, but overall I would spend less money at that bar on games/food/drink.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That is not going to work. Casuals can't handle harder. They can barely handle NORMAL. Making the games even SHORTER for them will not pencil out. Prices HAVE to go up per game to cover just a fraction of the cost increases that have come in the last 5 years. So you can have higher prices with the same number of balls or higher prices and you get a bonus ball. I'm just here to say $1.50/game with 4 balls works great. Been tested on locations and works very well. Those machines became and stayed the #1 earners.

I guess an op will have to decide... cater to the hardcore player who have in above posts been admitted to not to be the bread & butter, or cater to the casual people who spend the most $$ on your game. 3 ballers can always opt to drain ball 1 without penalizing the casual player.

Based on your pricing structure I'd be filling your coin box.

2 weeks later
#255 2 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

as an operator I can assure you enthusiasts are not my target audience... I would much rather have the guy that puts in $1 and just hits the button on the lap bar watching the ball drain for a minute or two vs a pinball enthusiast that is going to complain about paying $1/$1.50 and then is playing/tying up the machine for 20 minutes

Can't say that makes me give a shit if your biz succeeds or fails. Kind of curious who buys the most pins nowadays ops or homeowners, and how that plays into future Stern pricing.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Really? why would you even say that? He's hoping a rando chucks money in and plays a few balls, instead of a pinhead busting the game up smacking it around? that's capitalism
The answer is ops.

Because I wish to believe pinball is more than just making a dollar and a cent. Some rando should not control pinball.
If ops don't care about us, why should we care about them.

Ops here crying they don't make 20 bucks a week. Oh no, some player actually uses the machine and potentially turns on other people watching them play. You're talking as if we are some detriment to your business.

#260 2 years ago

LTG my comments are not directed at you. I've seen you helping many many people here.

I'm saying other ops may need to tone the capitalism thing down a bit and realize home enthusiasts are keeping pinball alive at this point. You can still make money and not insult the community.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I’d say you are the only one doing the insulting in this conversation.

It's possible you are correct, and if so that's not my intention. In my job I work with large and small customers. I don't make statements that would make the smaller customer feel as if they are less important. I don't know if that translates here? I don't let on they are not my target audience.

So no, I won't generally support a business that I feel insults me as a customer.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

l25 cents a play

I don't know who's talking about 25 cents but it's not me. I'm square with a buck a play.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:I don't know what you're complaining about then. $1/play for pros is pretty much status quo

Exactly. You did not see me once in this thread complain about a dollar per play. Someone else perhaps.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave: Pay $2 - only two f**king dollars! - and help keep the hobby alive. Or don’t. And watch it shrivel up and die.
rd

Right so any of us bunch who doesn't cough up 2 bucks a play and the death of pinball is all on us. Got it.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:All he said was pinheads aren’t his target audience. (For making money, no matter what… that still the name of the game). Don’t think that in his sentence that he doesn’t appreciate pinheads, guaranteed he does. But he’s just implying casuals help out the best.

I can understand that. Sorry for my misinterpretation and jackass post. It was uncalled for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-ops-going-to-150-with-godzilla-prem?tu=mmp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.