Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

About to make a pretty big purchase from comet and was wondering, are there any active coupon codes right now?

#2 5 years ago

Bump, about to make the purchase.

#3 5 years ago

Try and use the code word "buffalo" from Buffalo Pinball streaming.

#4 5 years ago

If you can wait till Black Friday, that's when we do our big sale of the year. Aside from that, you're stuck with full price!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

About to make a pretty big purchase from comet and was wondering, are there any active coupon codes right now?

Out of interest, what do you call a “big purchase”?

rd

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Out of interest, what do you call a “big purchase”?
    rd

Only like 60 bucks, but that is only because I own 2 games. I can't imagine 126.

#7 5 years ago

I don’t think buffalo works at comet. Works at Titan tho, if you need rubber.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Only like 60 bucks, but that is only because I own 2 games. I can't imagine 126.

That’s why I asked - I just did a $300 order, and that was mainly just GI bulbs. Lol

I used to order straight from China but Ryan is as cheap and the service is better, so he gets my business.

rd

#9 5 years ago

Gotta get to $100 for that free shipping.

#10 5 years ago

How do you only spend 60 bucks LEDing a full game? Please fill us in!

I've found that an average game requires about 220 to 250 to use full opmax gi and non ghosting inserts with a few led strips here and there. Worth it...

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I used to order straight from China but Ryan is as cheap and the service is better, so he gets my business.

Agreed! Excellent customer service

Quoted from Mikedenton49:

I just recently got two new games, Stargate and LW3, but they already have most leds filled in. Mainly just buying new flashers for the burnt out incandescents and I am not a fan of the orange/blue color choice on Stargate, so I am replacing all the flashers and gi bulbs with cool white.

#12 5 years ago

I've found that an average game requires about 220 to 250 to use full opmax gi and non ghosting inserts with a few led strips here and there. Worth it...

I have yet to actually use non-ghosting bulbs. I've managed to work around that so far, so that saves a few bucks. It hasn't been an issue with early solid state, and for WPC, you can patch the game ROM. Gottlieb System 3 does ghost a little bit, but it's not really visible through inserts.

I think opmax is overkill for GI--and expensive. I mainly use 1SMD bulbs. Sometimes 2SMD or fluted bulbs in darker areas.

So, between using 1 or 2 SMD bulbs for GI, then 1, 2 or 4 SMD bulbs for inserts, it actually doesn't end up being too expensive to install LEDs in a game. Maybe around $100-$150 or so for a WPC game, including flasher bulbs.

#13 5 years ago

$250! Whaaaatttt!

Why do all that? Obviously... your decision, but normal bulbs won’t strobe in 90% of pins.

I buy the 100 packs and 25 packs of 1SMD and 2SMD, the bulbs work out to be like 50c each. 100 bulbs in a modern game maybe? $50.

rd

2 years later
    #14 3 years ago

Anyone know if there are any codes? About to drop a grand on a bunch of bulbs

#15 3 years ago

I think they only do a sale for black Friday.

#16 3 years ago

I've only ever heard of black friday

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coupon-codes-for-comet-right-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.