(Topic ID: 90439)

Ann Arbor Pinball Show May 16-18: Saturday SOLD OUT but...

By cfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Bax1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

winner.jpg
    vendros1.jpg
    vfwposter.png
    image-915.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2293.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2291.jpg
    IMG_2292.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2290.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2381.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

We met with the Fire Marshal a few months ago ............. I informed him that all Williams sys3-11 games (pre sys11b) have been modified with added fuses to the bridge rectifiers, so the chance of fire is non-existant! (Williams, gotta love them.)

WMS: Wires May Sizzle.

This came from one of their slot machine service district managers.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I seriously considered the 12 hour drive for this because it sounds like a fantastic event and the crowd control is a really cool approach.
    Curious though, how long after something sells out do scalpers start trying to get into the game? Hope that doesn't happen...
    Rob

Already planned for that. Not an issue.

#37 9 years ago

Non transferable...

IMAG2790.jpgIMAG2790.jpg
    #49 9 years ago

IMAG2801.jpgIMAG2801.jpg

If you look really close, Terry from Pinball Life has set up shop on the repair shop counter. Pin Restore is set up along the bar, Jon Dayhuff Enterprises is set up in the annex along with other vendors. BGResto has some great deals available too. Hope everyone can make it. Excellent light food, snacks and gourmet coffee is available.

IMAG2802.jpgIMAG2802.jpg
    IMAG2810.jpgIMAG2810.jpg
    IMAG2812.jpgIMAG2812.jpg

#51 9 years ago

The staff did their best to immediately address issues such as no credits, the usual stuck balls, switches not scoring, All lights going out, flipper EOS switches needing adjustment/replacement, no start conditions etc. Continous scoring on the Genco Lucky Seven (Fascination-like game) was a fun one to fix but the team put it all together.

Only three MPU/CPU boards tanked, since VFW has the largest stock of pinball parts in the state, the three games with MPU issues were back up within an hour. Some surgery was done on the floor and then in the "Hospital" where the games were then brought back to the floor for playing.

This has brought back memories of my days as a route service technician.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from rockotaco1:

Amazing show. Amazing venue. Amazing staff. What a blast! Thanks to everyone who helped make this all possible. We are all extremely grateful for such a rare opportunity. I felt like a kid again while I was there. I haven't had that feeling in ages and I miss it. Almost wanted to shed a tear or two from having such a good time.
    While I'm here, if anyone is heading there tomorrow that might be selling a Fish Tales, please contact me. Thanks!

Being so close to Ann Arbor the Friday night crowd brought back 35+ year memories of The Crosseyed Moose, Flipper McGee's, Pinball Pete's etc. I teared up a bit between game repairs. The dark lighting effect makes it seem like the good old days of pinball in Ann Arbor. More so than the PHOF which is just as awesome.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Little after your times but we had 4 Pinball Petes at one time!
    You remember Great Escape on South U? 3 floors of games....those were the days indeed.

I recall the two in Ann Arbor and one in East Lansing. But, Crosseyed Moose (my favorite, as they were supposed to kick you out if you were under 18 but would look the other way most of the time) was already gone when Pete's "basement" location opened.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I recall the two in Ann Arbor and one in East Lansing. But, Crosseyed Moose (my favorite, as they were supposed to kick you out if you were under 18 but would look the other way most of the time) was already gone when Pete's "basement" location opened.

I recall one that was like a "Summer cottage" with multiple floors and rooms. Probably thinking of Pete's "house" location though.

#69 9 years ago

All ages welcome. All must have a ticket. Same low price for any age.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-pinball-show-may-16-18-saturday-sold-out-but?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.