(Topic ID: 90439)

Ann Arbor Pinball Show May 16-18: Saturday SOLD OUT but...

By cfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Bax1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

winner.jpg
    vendros1.jpg
    vfwposter.png
    image-915.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2293.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2291.jpg
    IMG_2292.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2290.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2381.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

There are still tickets available for Friday and Sunday. Sunday is starting to pick up, i could see that selling out too. So if you want to come to the event, please get your ticket ahead.

The Ann Arbor Pinball Show is coming May 16-18.
    Remember this is a limited ticket event. This keeps game-to-people ratio very nice without over crowding.

http://www.vfwpinball.com
    two hundred machines on free place. Show is friday, saturday, sunday, May 16-18.
    thanks!

#5 9 years ago

Yes can bring a game to sell, that's no problem.

#6 9 years ago

Not to sound too dooms day and all, but sunday is pushing towards a sell out too.

#16 9 years ago

There will be a bunch of other games for sale too from plug-and-play units to projects in the garage/flee market area.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Actually that limit might be set by the fire marshall for the size building, and number of exit doors, etc.
    But would hope Clay was able to get at least 200 pinheads per day
    to move comfortably around the hall without over heating.

We met with the Fire Marshal a few months ago and went through the whole building and calculated free square footage and exit doors. Based on that he gave us occupancy numbers. This was instrumental in determining how many tickets would be available for any of the days. Because I've been to some shows where if there was a fire, chaos would ensue... you just couldn't get people out fast enough. I informed him that all Williams sys3-11 games (pre sys11b) have been modified with added fuses to the bridge rectifiers, so the chance of fire is non-existant! (Williams, gotta love them.)

#18 9 years ago

Ticket sales for sunday are moving well. It would really suck if someone drove to the show without a ticket, and was turned away at the door. For this reason if you are coming it's really advisable that you get a ticket ahead at the web site. http://www.vfwpinball.com

On a side note the outside flee market and food pavilion do not require a wristband. But you can't get inside the building where the 200+ games resides without a wristband.

#26 9 years ago

For people that bought tickets friday night, they will get a free pinball poster upon entry. Saturday attendees can enter into the raffle for the plug and play EM pinball we're giving away (Bally Odds and Evens.)

#62 9 years ago

I know we're only 1/3 done with the show, but i really have to thank the VFW crew. The presence of "orange shirts" was outstanding. And damn they all had smiles on their faces, everyone was having fun.

Though today (Saturday) is going to be the real test, last night (Friday) was amazing. I've been to a lot of pinball shows and frankly, even I (whom supposed to be doing 'real work') was having a blast. Usually working shows is a bit of a drag, but everyone was having a good time. Heck i even got Terry at pinball life to smile a couple times!

#71 9 years ago

Below is a picture of the outside flee market vendors.
    that's jeff m. there.

vendros1.jpgvendros1.jpg

Here's a picture of the inside of the garage with the games for sale in the flee market area. There is Matt (forget his last name) from Bay City, he won the Bally Odd & Evens we gave away at 6pm saturday. He was pretty happy as he's an EM guy.

winner.jpgwinner.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-pinball-show-may-16-18-saturday-sold-out-but?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.