(Topic ID: 143568)

abra ca dabra drop targer help

By mario_1_up

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Picked it about a week ago and started working on it today. When I got her it would kick the ball out at the end of the game and the pop bumper lights wouldn't work. So I fixed them but the last issue I'm having is that the left drop target banks doesn't register nor does the switch behind drops.

#3 8 years ago

check for wire or solder connections that might have come off

#4 8 years ago

The left and right drop target bank switches all feed into a common line that eventually reach the G relay to score (after passing through a couple other normally closed switches). The schematic shows that the right drop target switch signals feed this line 'below' the left drop target switches, so if the right targets are working but the left ones are not, then that suggests there's an open in the line between the left and right banks.

So yeah, you're probably looking for a loose solder connection along that wire, but where it passes from the left bank to the right bank.

#5 8 years ago

I found the bad wire. It was the bl-blk wire that runs up to the center target switch one of them broke off now shes up and running. Now all I have to do is see if I can find a set of the lower plastics.

Thanks Troy

#6 8 years ago

Lee and Gordon have the lower plastics available:
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Abra_Ca_Dabra.html

(scroll down to see the partial sets)

They make terrific repros.

#7 8 years ago

Thats funny I looked them up on a google search and it said they were sold out. But I guess not.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Lee and Gordon have the lower plastics available:
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Abra_Ca_Dabra.html
(scroll down to see the partial sets)
They make terrific repros.

we will have another player in the repro plastic realm soon. Wade K. got a laser cutter and will start doing more plastics soon. it is always a good for the hobby when we have more QUALITY repro parts being produced.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

we will have another player in the repro plastic realm soon. Wade K. got a laser cutter and will start doing more plastics soon. it is always a good for the hobby when we have more QUALITY repro parts being produced.

Awesome!

Still lots more titles to get covered, so very cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-ca-dabra-drop-targer-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.